Weather events

Reacher

54 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My counterpart in Miami Center, who used to be on my staff, was telling me about it today... 

There always seems to be a nice breeze in Florida, especially closer to the water... Here, it's just dead still... 

0cb29b233872c0f8fcae0bfac3692bdffedd826e8dd92a31faa5a34e0ad79c39_1.jpg.7754652f5ca3e55e8a3ce7d8851cbf62.jpg

You have truly become a Texican!

In a good way!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 2

'Tis the season for what I like to call "screw zone" storm systems: the kind where you've got snow to the north, severe storms to the south, and nothing but boring rain where you live, hence, you're in the "screw zone" because you're missing out on all the major weather. 

We've had about 4 of these in the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

'Tis the season for what I like to call "screw zone" storm systems: the kind where you've got snow to the north, severe storms to the south, and nothing but boring rain where you live, hence, you're in the "screw zone" because you're missing out on all the major weather. 

I prefer to call it the "sweet spot".  I don't want snow and/or ice, and I really don't want a storm knocking down trees and causing power outages. I use to have your attitude but I'm too old for all that garbage now. 2-3" of rain is forecast for me. That's enough excitement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

I prefer to call it the "sweet spot".  I don't want snow and/or ice, and I really don't want a storm knocking down trees and causing power outages. I use to have your attitude but I'm too old for all that garbage now. 2-3" of rain is forecast for me. That's enough excitement.

I used to love severe weather growing up, and I still want to feel that way, but now I'm old enough to experience property damage. Having wind blow the siding off your house changes the equation a bit, I'll feel better when today is done.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

75 and sunny on Wednesday here in Indy. Played golf. Today? 2-3 inches of hard cold rain and wind gusts up to 40mph this afternoon with a small chance of snow late tonight. But just like always back to mid 60's by Monday. This whole last month has been a rollercoaster.

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

image.thumb.jpeg.33d9e762006a55a751505a35ca6d5a56.jpeg

Never fails! High school basketball tournament time in NE Indiana means time for snow. Maybe 2-3 inches in the worst places but wet and sloppy. Roads were a bit dicey. Hopefully we’re done for the day 

Just heard I-69 is shut down at Auburn?

• Thanks 1