Weather events

Reacher

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was going to say.  If it was morse I'd give you my dock number.  Swing by and shake my hand.  

Been there a few times. Seems like a fun place. We honestly enjoy Monroe or Patoka vs some of the local options but any lake time is a good time. Hopefully we get some more pop up storms. We need the rain for sure.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Been there a few times. Seems like a fun place. We honestly enjoy Monroe or Patoka vs some of the local options but any lake time is a good time. Hopefully we get some more pop up storms. We need the rain for sure.

My parents live close to Patoka.  Beautiful water.  But yes I'll take any body of water for a good time.  Let it rain anytime soon.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rico said:

I used to fish Morse all the time.  

There are a crap Tom of bluegill and sunfish off my dock right now.  I can see bass, cats, and some carp too.  My neighbor just farts around for 15 minutes with some nightcrawlers the other day and brought in 2 nice cats.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

There are a crap Tom of bluegill and sunfish off my dock right now.  I can see bass, cats, and some carp too.  My neighbor just farts around for 15 minutes with some nightcrawlers the other day and brought in 2 nice cats.  

I always had success with the bluegill and crappie.  Nice body of water for fishing.  The guy I knew sold his place and moved to Fla about 10 years ago or so.

1 minute ago, rico said:

I always had success with the bluegill and crappie.  Nice body of water for fishing.  The guy I knew sold his place and moved to Fla about 10 years ago or so.

In the 5 or 6 years we have been in Cicero,  I've fished once.  Been so busy building and then remodeling.   Definitely looking forward to fishing with my boys going forward.   I'll take some pictures. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

In the 5 or 6 years we have been in Cicero,  I've fished once.  Been so busy building and then remodeling.   Definitely looking forward to fishing with my boys going forward.   I'll take some pictures. 

You should try some limb lines for a hands off approach. Should be easy to rig something with your dock. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys in the Hoosier State or elsewhere closing your windows because of the Canadian fires and impacting air quality?? Wasn't sure how serious we should be taking it. Thought we were in clear but apparently some front is giving it to us for another 2 days.

I've never experienced air this dry in the summer. The humidity has been around 20-30% for the past week or so. We need rain in the worst way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys in the Hoosier State or elsewhere closing your windows because of the Canadian fires and impacting air quality?? Wasn't sure how serious we should be taking it. Thought we were in clear but apparently some front is giving it to us for another 2 days.

My son’s asthma has been flaring up the last couple of days. That is very unusual for this time of year. We have wondered if there is a connection. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My son’s asthma has been flaring up the last couple of days. That is very unusual for this time of year. We have wondered if there is a connection. 

I'm outside all the time. Between workouts, golf, yardwork or whatever this time of year...and I've got something I can't shake in my lungs. Just was curious if others were dealing with anything.

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Time of year I hate down here...

Screenshot_20230611-212611.thumb.png.8af69ec0eeeccd2eb5ef7a2bce17768b.png

That's at 9:30 pm...

And Lord, don't turn the air down below 72 or it'll roast ya...

My buddy from Chicago had enough of the winters and they moved to Austin years ago. He said he would never be one of those people to complain about the heat after years of cold. Took them about 5 years and they broke down and bought a fixer upper in Door County, WI for the summers. They leave Austin in early May and don't come back until the Fall.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My buddy from Chicago had enough of the winters and they moved to Austin years ago. He said he would never be one of those people to complain about the heat after years of cold. Took them about 5 years and they broke down and bought a fixer upper in Door County, WI for the summers. They leave Austin in early May and don't come back until the Fall.

Used to tell my friends in Georgia, “you can always put more clothes on, but you can only take off so much!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2023 at 11:08 AM, Reacher said:

Looking like a big El Nino year. Dry conditions continuing for me at home. But, hey, at least I'm not in SE TX.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/texas-is-in-the-thick-of-a-brutal-and-prolonged-heat-wave/ar-AA1cGog3

Even for Texas these numbers are pretty unreal. Besides the people feel for the livestock, horses....all the animals in this stuff.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Even for Texas these numbers are pretty unreal. Besides the people feel for the livestock, horses....all the animals in this stuff.

We got home from our vacation this afternoon, and it's miserable here...we have one horse that has a hard time sweating, so we usually spray him twice a day...the other 2 came up while we were spraying him, so we did all 3...

Come on, October...

• Like 1