Weather events

Reacher

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

@dgambill

How is your storm recovery going?  Hopefully you missed the worst of it. 

Very well! Personally I was very lucky. Couple days without power, small tree and limbs, and our lanai screening all blown out. Others not so fortunate. It’s hard because most of the area is back to normal but then I go west of 41 to help with volunteer clean up and it looks like another country. Debris and furniture/drywall/cars etc out by the road waiting to be hulled off. Helped a couple a couple days ago remove everything (and trust me old folks collect a lot of stuff and their old furniture is the heaviest stuff in the world I think) and they were so relieved. Been almost two weeks and we were the first ones that offered to help them. 

Biggest issue is there are no storage units and no rentals for people displaced. I really am proud of my church and my employer as they have both been wonderful volunteering to help. The govt can only do so much…these are our neighbors and we have to treat them like that. Seen several Biden and Trump bumper stickers parked next to each other all grabbing what they can and helping out. Probably too much info but thank you for caring to ask!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Snow on the ground in my neck of the woods.  Merry X-mas.

Was just coming on here to post this.  I had a dusting of snow on my car when I went to work today.  I don't ever remember seeing snow this early in Southern Indiana.  I remember it snowing before in October, but not as early as the 18th.

This wont end up being a measurable snow for the record books, because it did not really stick to ground.  But, either way, it's too early for this crap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Was just coming on here to post this.  I had a dusting of snow on my car when I went to work today.  I don't ever remember seeing snow this early in Southern Indiana.  I remember it snowing before in October, but not as early as the 18th.

This wont end up being a measurable snow for the record books, because it did not really stick to ground.  But, either way, it's too early for this crap.

https://www.wane.com/news/snowy-scene-across-indiana-tuesday-morning/

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Cold front coming all the way to here in west-central FL. Tomorrow's expected highs in the 60s with a low tomorrow night of 49, 15-20 degrees below average. No snow in the forecast, though. 😀 Don't miss that a bit.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

It is all my fault.  I put my boat up Sunday and started getting my ice fishing gear around.

Buddy has his at Monroe and was getting ready to put it up but he checked long term forecast and decided to hold off and do one last ride this weekend to take in the fall colors. I love weather but I'm not in the mood for cold temps yet. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Foula ain't a happy man at all this morning.  Not at all. 

As of 9:20 A.M. I have 5 inches of that white stuff in my yard.  The driveway and street don't have that much because of the ground temperature, but I measured front, side, and back yards to verify the 5 wasn't a drifting issue (it's to wet and heavy to drift anyway), and it was consistently 5 inches.

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As of 9:20 A.M. I have 5 inches of that white stuff in my yard.  The driveway and street don't have that much because of the ground temperature, but I measured front, side, and back yards to verify the 5 wasn't a drifting issue (it's to wet and heavy to drift anyway), and it was consistently 5 inches.

Near the burg?  My mom and dad are in the smokies.  Brother took the boys on a scout trip nearby at some lodge.  I have about an inch up here in Hamilton County. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Near the burg?  My mom and dad are in the smokies.  Brother took the boys on a scout trip nearby at some lodge.  I have about an inch up here in Hamilton County. 

Three miles north of Sellersburg.  My daughter posted pitchers from town and it does not seem to be quite as bad.  It's still coming down, but starting to brighten up.  Last I measured it was 5.5 inches.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Three miles north of Sellersburg.  My daughter posted pitchers from town and it does not seem to be quite as bad.  It's still coming down, but starting to brighten up.  Last I measured it was 5.5 inches.  

Snow started here about an hour ago.  Just a nasty lookin' day out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah, I knew some flurries were possible, but I guess I didn’t pay enough attention to the weather. We don’t have as much as you, but I’d say we are between 2”-3”. When I went out to get groceries this morning it got worse the further East I went on 64. 

• Like 2