2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Just need a WR. We can figure out LT. The defenses the Colts saw the last 4 weeks was very close to what IU did all year, but the pro version. 

I agree. WR and likely TE. It's time to replace Doyle and Hilton is done. This team needs some play making outside of the RB position and Pittman. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I agree. WR and likely TE. It's time to replace Doyle and Hilton is done. This team needs some play making outside of the RB position and Pittman. 

Concur. And wtf is going on with Nyheim Hines? He was awful the last half of the year. He had 6 touches for 18 total yards vs. LVR. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

I couldn't figure that out either. They quit using him the same way that they were. 

Agree.

A lot of weird things offensively from the Pats game on. 2nd and 9 vs Oakland at like there 30 yard line, we threw a quick screen to Hines and he danced and go zero yards. Could have easily picked up 3 or 4 and made third down much more manageable. That was our last offensive drive of the game. I was livid. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Is there something I'm missing that's wrong with their GM? 

I don’t think there's even much wrong with Zimmer. He's done about as well as you can expect with Kirk Cousins as his QB. 

Made some playoffs, missed a couple, etc., but always competitive. 

The issue in Minny has been the QB, not the coach. Not saying Cousins is awful, but these are the results you get with him as your QB. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The Colts will have their salary cap tied up after they pay Nelson and they don't have any draft capital. How are they going to fix those holes? They'll be able to do some things but not a lot. 

Colts can save $13 million against the cap by letting Wentz walk. I say, if they can get an upgrade through free agency they should let him walk. 

Just some metrics to consider--

Although his QBR for the season was decent, in the last 5 games his high was 81.1 in the blowout v Houston. yesterday's was 4.4

When tied or trailing by 8 points or less, his rating was less than 70. It only improves when trailing by substantially more and teams play softer coverage.

His average yards per attempt came in at 6.9 which ranked 21st

His average air yards per attempt came in at 7.5 which ranked 23rd

His accuracy rating was 7.2 which ranked 30th.

Don't see that there needs to be much of an upgrade to be considered improvement. Can't see spending over $28 million for those numbers next year. For that matter, he would be owed over $54 million in the last two, non-guaranteed years of his current contract. 

Surely, Ballard is smarter than this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Colts can save $13 million against the cap by letting Wentz walk. I say, if they can get an upgrade through free agency they should let him walk. 

Just some metrics to consider--

Although his QBR for the season was decent, in the last 5 games his high was 81.1 in the blowout v Houston. yesterday's was 4.4

When tied or trailing by 8 points or less, his rating was less than 70. It only improves when trailing by substantially more and teams play softer coverage.

His average yards per attempt came in at 6.9 which ranked 21st

His average air yards per attempt came in at 7.5 which ranked 23rd

His accuracy rating was 7.2 which ranked 30th.

Don't see that there needs to be much of an upgrade to be considered improvement. Can't see spending over $28 million for those numbers next year. For that matter, he would be owed over $54 million in the last two, non-guaranteed years of his current contract. 

Surely, Ballard is smarter than this.

It's not going to matter who is playing QB if the OL plays the way they did the last two weeks and you still have the worst WR core in the league.