2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I have been thinking about this....if I am the new Bears GM, my first priority would be trying to land Harbaugh. If that couldn't happen I think I would definitely consider Flores as head coach...I'm not saying I would for sure hire him, but bring him in and interview him. He did a lot in Miami without a ton of talent. I believe he was 4-2 against Belichick also.

Seems like he (Flores) was butting heads with everyone though. Coaching is only part of the equation, if you can't get along with others, nobody will want to coach or play for you. I think of all the openings, the Bears will be the most interesting to watch. 

25 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Seems like he (Flores) was butting heads with everyone though. Coaching is only part of the equation, if you can't get along with others, nobody will want to coach or play for you. I think of all the openings, the Bears will be the most interesting to watch. 

Probably the Raiders too, unless they decide to run it back with the interim coach. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Probably the Raiders too, unless they decide to run it back with the interim coach. 

I hate interim coaches because of this exact scenario (although for different reasons), but it's pretty unfair not to give them a shot if they are doing well. But if I am the Raiders, I would look for a new guy and say "look what we got going here". 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree that head coach needs to have a good working relationship with GM etc. There have been reports though that much of the conflict came because the GM drafted Tua at QB instead of Herbert. I can understand him being agitated about that in retrospect. Having said that, he might very well be difficult personality...I honestly don't follow them enough to know.

I just watched the Bears press conference and George is apparently taking advice from Bill Polian on this GM/Head coaching search so I am hopeful they will end up in a good place. Apparently Polian's advice is the main reason Pace was actually fired. I am still nervous as a Bears fan though that Ted Phillips/George are still heavily involved. It should be interesting.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I agree that head coach needs to have a good working relationship with GM etc. There have been reports though that much of the conflict came because the GM drafted Tua at QB instead of Herbert. I can understand him being agitated about that in retrospect. Having said that, he might very well be difficult personality...I honestly don't follow them enough to know.

I just watched the Bears press conference and George is apparently taking advice from Bill Polian on this GM/Head coaching search so I am hopeful they will end up in a good place. Apparently Polian's advice is the main reason Pace was actually fired. I am still nervous as a Bears fan though that Ted Phillips/George are still heavily involved. It should be interesting.

I know the media and some of our fans will nitpick that presser to death. It's obvious George doesn't have a clue but I won't spend anymore time on it. Tapping into resources of brains like Polian or whoever is the right move. I'll judge them on the hires not the presser....but it was bad. haha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know the media and some of our fans will nitpick that presser to death. It's obvious George doesn't have a clue but I won't spend anymore time on it. Tapping into resources of brains like Polian or whoever is the right move. I'll judge them on the hires not the presser....but it was bad. haha

George should really just put out a press release instead of doing a press conference. He comes across terrible and you can see him getting agitated when the press asks him tough questions like why should Bears fans expect him to do a better job this time when he is involved with hiring process again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

George should really just put out a press release instead of doing a press conference. He comes across terrible and you can see him getting agitated when the press asks him tough questions like why should Bears fans expect him to do a better job this time when he is involved with hiring process again.

Or even the $15/hr offer to Olin Kreutz stuff....which many have corroborated. Clown show up there. Just hope they stay out of the next moves.

For the Colts fans on here. Be lucky to have a guy like Irsay and his daughters running the show. Hire football people and get the heck out of the way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Or even the $15/hr offer to Olin Kreutz stuff....which many have corroborated. Clown show up there. Just hope they stay out of the next moves.

For the Colts fans on here. Be lucky to have a guy like Irsay and his daughters running the show. Hire football people and get the heck out of the way. 

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah, I don't really give a crap about some of this stuff if they win. But they haven't, so it just adds to all the negativity. George really doesn't get involved in the football side of things from what others have reported, but does have a say on who is hired as the GM. 

• Like 1

Twitters sole reason for existence is to create division. Let's just leave this in a football sense... theres ZERO chance allllll of these writer's believe half the crap they sell. Not all the time. But, other times they just post soo many blatant claims to create division. I get it, but I get annoyed by it. 

Again.. just a football discussion here. Nothing political or whatever is going to come out of this. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Seems like the Broncos job would be quite attractive.  

I always thought Wentz was pretty solid but he always gets hurt. He doesn't seemed all that well liked.  I watched some of the Jags game yesterday and he had no mobility at all. Did he play on bad feet all year.  What are Colts fans thoughts on Sam ehlinger.  I have watched him from his Frosh year in HS.  He was 4 year starter at Westlake HS in austin  and then for Texas. So playing on the big stage is normal for him.   He is quick, fast and strong and could bring some mobility to the QB position.  He was successful in HS running the ball but he improved as passer a lot while at Texas.  He is loaded with leadership qualities, football IQ and is a class act. Maybe coach speak but Reich seemed to notice right away he is special claiming he has the it factor. I don't know if he will pan out as a starting NFL QB but I would not bet against it and he probably grades out pretty good compared to this years QB class.  He's like maybe Chad Kelly on the field but mentally 180 degrees opposite.   

57 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Bears plan to interview Doug Pederson per reports...bleh.

That is the thing, fans but want to fire their current coach but don't bother to look at what candidates are available.  Most times fans see the list then realize there is not much out there.

Edited by IU Scott

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is the thing, fans but want to fire their current coach but don't bother to look at what candidates are available.  Most times fans see the list then realize there is not much out there.

There are lots of candidates who I think would be better than Nagy, but there are only maybe 4-5 who I think would make most of the Bears fans I know happy.

It seems like they are casting a wide net for the positions. I think they already have 4 GM interviews confirmed and 3 head coaching interviews with the latest being Brian Daboll, Bills offensive coordinator.

13 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The Colts will have their salary cap tied up after they pay Nelson and they don't have any draft capital. How are they going to fix those holes? They'll be able to do some things but not a lot. 

Pretty sure the Colts have top 10 salary cap space, and if they cut Wentz it would be like top 5.