2023 NFL Discussion

rico

So..

Colts traded 2022 7th rd, Wentz for Ryan, moved up in 2022 2nd and 3rd rounds. 

And will get a 2023 2nd rd from Washington and... zero dead cap. 

Again.. what was the rush? The move to get Ryan will give the Colts the ability to draft his replacement at any point. Much more sustainable future this way. Ryan plays 2-3 more years and we have replacement ready. 

Screenshot_20220321-142014_Twitter.jpg

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh.. and made this trade basically the quickest it could be done.. with having to wait on the Watson dilemma. 

It wasn't going to get done over the weekend. Cmon now. 

I think most of us have issues with the other positions not being addresses yet. I know Woods is coming off an ACL , but we'll worth a 6th rd pick or Cooper. Even Robinson would be better than whatever it is they plan on drafting.  You are not getting a Chase on the 2nd round. Campbell cannot be counted on. You have 1 legit starting WR and a back up TE. BUT you have tons of cap space. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think most of us have issues with the other positions not being addresses yet. I know Woods is coming off an ACL , but we'll worth a 6th rd pick or Cooper. Even Robinson would be better than whatever it is they plan on drafting.  You are not getting a Chase on the 2nd round. Campbell cannot be counted on. You have 1 legit starting WR and a back up TE. BUT you have tons of cap space. 

We have 20 million left..... 

We will pay Ryan 24m this year and 28m next year. There is no doubting there is holes... to think you will fill them in a weeks worth of FA is ridiculous, especially when you look at the amount of resources being allocated to finding the right guy at QB and the right situation moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I want to apologize to Ballard for doubting him. He got a good veteran QB for a 3rd round pick while Atlanta is taking a 40 million cap hit.  We kept our higher 3rd round pick and if Wentz plays most of the year we will get a second next year.

Yes. He absolutely made two damn good trades here. 

We will pay Ryan 24m and 28m the next two years. UFA after that. Great, great job. 

Now..... shew.... fix other holes. 

Now we need a LT and Armstead is visiting Miami do he probably will sign there.  He also probably be to expensive for the Colts to sign.  maybe get Duane Brown for 2-3 years since he is 36 years old. Also need a WR that brings some speed and able to get some separation.  Also need a TE

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It's not going to work out.  Could it help win the AFC South?  Possibly.  But, it could also backfire and mean years of rebuilding.

What it wont do is win a Super Bowl.

The key is to draft a QB to develop behind him. There’s zero chance this causes years of rebuilding when that’s what they’ve been doing. He was the best option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The key is to draft a QB to develop behind him. There’s zero chance this causes years of rebuilding when that’s what they’ve been doing. He was the best option.

With the weapons the Colts currently have, and Ryan at QB, this would be a .500 team.  In the AFC South, it can compete.  But, you aren't going to the Super Bowl and J.T. may not be an elite back by the time you develop a young QB to replace Ryan.

Ryan has experience, but due to age, he has below average skills.

Colts would have been better off trying to catch lightening in a bottle with a younger guy like Trubisky or Mayfield whose best days may still be in the future.  They let the Steelers get to Trubisky first, and apparently preferred Ryan over Mayfield.  

From a skill-set standpoint, Ryan and Mayfield are probably at a similar level at this point in their careers.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

With the weapons the Colts currently have, and Ryan at QB, this would be a .500 team.  In the AFC South, it can compete.  But, you aren't going to the Super Bowl and J.T. may not be an elite back by the time you develop a young QB to replace Ryan.

Colts would have been better off trying to catch lightening in a bottle with a younger guy like Trubisky or Mayfield whose best days may still be in the future.  They let the Steelers get to Trubisky first, and apparently preferred Ryan over Mayfield.  

From a skill-set standpoint, Ryan and Mayfield are probably at a similar level at this point in their careers.  

Baker career completion %-- 61.5% 

Ryan- 65.5% and 67% last season 

We cannot have an inaccurate QB. We don't throw it enough to over compensate. 

Plus if you like Ridder or Corral. This is a great move.

This move gives us options.. Baker didn't. Trubisky.. I can't take him seriously as a realistic option and I find it hilarious that Pitt signed him. Sorry those are my honest thoughts. 

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Pretty much the same team we had two years ago with Rivers as the QB and we went 11-5.

For as much as I wanted Baker.. Matt Ryan is a much more sound move. 

As for the rest of the AFC loading up, great for them... Browns scare me zero, Denver still doesn't scare me yet... we literally just kicked the poop out of the Bills. 

We didnt lose anyone, plus we upgraded at DE and QB... at minimum. The front 6 look incredibly legit and the secondary just needs to be friggin healthy. Blackmon was a massive loss last year. Very Antonie Bethea in his game.