2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely. Depening on the Ravens, its possible the AFCN took a solid step back this off season... outside of the Bengals. 

Intangibles matter.  Herbert has yet to prove he's a winner despite all of his physical skills.

QB1 has a career QB Rating of 98.6

QB2 has a career QB Rating of 97.6

QB1 is Kirk Cousins

QB2 is Tom Brady

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Intangibles matter.  Herbert has yet to prove he's a winner despite all of his physical skills.

QB1 has a career QB Rating of 98.6

QB2 has a career QB Rating of 97.6

QB1 is Kirk Cousins

QB2 is Tom Brady

Hold on. Their Passing Rating is that. Not their QBR. 

QBR is based on a 0-100 scale. TBs was like 67 last year. 

Prove hes a winner.. JB played on one of the most talented teams ever assembled in CFB history. Especially on the offensive side of the football. I will wager whatever amount of money you want that Jefferson and Chase, as a duo in college, are the best PAIR of WRs any team has ever had at the same time. The U might be able to come up with an argument, but from a production standpoint... and then you see what they have done their first years in the pros... JB played with a stacked deck in college. 

Losing a SB isnt an accomplishment in my book. 

And for the record. I love Burrow. His absolute toughness and talent is undeniable. 

On 3/26/2022 at 6:50 PM, IU Scott said:

Can't believe the Colts would be on that list.

That is a projection that is algorithm based. 3rd year Kevin Cole has published it, after a few years of fine tuning. 

Anyways, it projects each rosters losses and gains w/a couple of other factors. 

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Read where Reich and Ballard are happy with the WR room right now but don't see what they are seeing.  I see a good #2 WR in Pittman and the rest are a 4 and 5 WR

A healthy Campbell is not a 4 or 5. I'm not reading into the WR room at all, for now. 

We aren't rolling with only what is there currently. 

We also aren't paying Christian Kirk or Jarvis Landry 20 million a year. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

A healthy Campbell is not a 4 or 5. I'm not reading into the WR room at all, for now. 

We aren't rolling with only what is there currently. 

We also aren't paying Christian Kirk or Jarvis Landry 20 million a year. 

The thing is that you can't count on Campbell being in your lineup

47 minutes ago, rico said:

I'm ok with what I think Poles is doing...going to take at least 2 seasons to undo the damage that Pace has done with our cap, lost draft picks,etc...

Hopefully draft well this year and in 2023 the Bears will have the most cap space ($128M) of any team in the league. We aren't beating the Rams, Packers, Bucs anyway this year. Bite the bullet and be ready to take over once father time catches up with the qb's for those teams.

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm ok with what I think Poles is doing...going to take at least 2 seasons to undo the damage that Pace has done with our cap, lost draft picks,etc...

Hopefully draft well this year and in 2023 the Bears will have the most cap space ($128M) of any team in the league. We aren't beating the Rams, Packers, Bucs anyway this year. Bite the bullet and be ready to take over once father time catches up with the qb's for those teams.

The big "IF" in this rebuild is Fields.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

The big "IF" in this rebuild is Fields.  

Yep. That's the real damage done is that because of not being ready, injuries, poor Oline he's still just a rookie. We don't even know what we have yet. 

No one will ever feel sorry for QB's and the $ they get in first round....but these guys careers can be altered real quick if they don't get drafted into a good situation. About a dozen qb's in the league that are now labeled as bust because of their organizations.

• Like 1