2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's obviously never met my wife.  Woman has two graduate degrees, but can burn food in the microwave. 

🤣🤣🤣

What sucks... I actually think he's right, especially to a degree, but obviously his deliverey was not the best lol

And what I mean by that... imo, we need to accept our role as father/mother well before we try to be a "bad b****" .... I believe that was the ultimate point. 

Like put making your family a meal over going to the club. And that is obviously not just a one sided gender thing, right? We have plenty of men not pulling their weight too. plenty. 

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

🤣🤣🤣

What sucks... I actually think he's right, especially to a degree, but obviously his deliverey was not the best lol

I'd disagree, at least in terms of being a universal guideline.  Couple of lines from Cam that stood out:

And I think a lot of times when you get that ascetic of ‘I’m a boss b----, Imma this, Imma that.’ No baby! But you can’t cook. You don’t know when to be quiet! You don’t know how to allow a man to lead,” Newton said.

Alright Cam, you want to go with traditional gender roles? What are you going to do if a water line in your house breaks? That's traditionally something a man would handle.  The likely answer is.....you'll call someone to fix it, because you're not going to do that kind of stuff when you've earned enough to pay someone else.  Well, guess what....if you've got enough money to pay someone for repairs, you've got enough to pay someone to cook.  If you're going to hold a woman to those standards, next time something breaks, I suggest you go dab your ass on over to the toolbox and get to work, Superman.

Now, I will say if anyone, man or woman, goes around with that kind of attitude just because they want to or think they can, it's a recipe for disaster.  I'd say at least half the time, my wife fits that description.  She's a very outspoken, ambitious woman.  But, if it isn't her turf, she knows when it's time to back down.  Taking up a new hobby? Going shopping for god knows what? Yep, she's going to do what she wants.  Long term financial planning (which is my area)...she's mostly quiet and agrees. 

It's all about knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, on both people's accounts.

20 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'd disagree, at least in terms of being a universal guideline.  Couple of lines from Cam that stood out:

Alright Cam, you want to go with traditional gender roles? What are you going to do if a water line in your house breaks? That's traditionally something a man would handle.  The likely answer is.....you'll call someone to fix it, because you're not going to do that kind of stuff when you've earned enough to pay someone else.  Well, guess what....if you've got enough money to pay someone for repairs, you've got enough to pay someone to cook.  If you're going to hold a woman to those standards, next time something breaks, I suggest you go dab your ass on over to the toolbox and get to work, Superman.

Now, I will say if anyone, man or woman, goes around with that kind of attitude just because they want to or think they can, it's a recipe for disaster.  I'd say at least half the time, my wife fits that description.  She's a very outspoken, ambitious woman.  But, if it isn't her turf, she knows when it's time to back down.  Taking up a new hobby? Going shopping for god knows what? Yep, she's going to do what she wants.  Long term financial planning (which is my area)...she's mostly quiet and agrees. 

It's all about knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, on both people's accounts.

The last two comments are just ridiculous by him "let the man lead" and the "dont know when to be quiet". 

I'm not looking at it from a traditional gender role standpoint. I'm simply looking at from a perspective that there aren't enough parents handling what they need to handle first, before the "me" stuff. And that is what I'm hoping he truly meant. 

Now... ultimately.. I have zero clue why he would allow himself to go down that path, at all. Seems so.. just unneeded. 

I agree with everything you said. 

Edited by btownqb

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm not looking at it from a traditional gender role standpoint. I'm simply looking at from a perspective that there aren't enough parents handling what they need to handle first, before the "me" stuff. And that is what I'm hoping he truly meant. 

Totally fair.  :cheers:

That and....I just wanted a reason to rip into Cam Newton.  Never been a fan.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just in case anyone needed a reminder of the year long hold the NFL has on us as fans....draft is week from Thursday. 

Football season doesn't end for me! 

June 6 is the first day for us. We give the kids a week off after school. It'll be here in no time! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I might have to take a break from Twitter. 

Since the Bears took Sweetness in 1975 they've had 2 players on offense they drafted earn All Pro honors. Jimbo Covert and Olin Kreutz. That's the whole list. 

46 drafts and 2 All Pros. 

Ballard covered that in his 2nd Colts draft. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-star-deebo-samuel-requests-trade-after-breaking-off-contract-talks-per-report/

Deebo wants out. I read somewhere last week that the two most likely suitors were the Jets and the Colts.

I would love for my Bears to take a run at him but we are lacking in the draft capital and cap room. If I'm the Colts I'd be willing to give up a 1 and probably a 3 for him. They also have a team trade history with 49ers sending Buckner to Colts. 

Make this one happen Ballard.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would love for my Bears to take a run at him but we are lacking in the draft capital and cap room. If I'm the Colts I'd be willing to give up a 1 and probably a 3 for him. They also have a team trade history with 49ers sending Buckner to Colts. 

Make this one happen Ballard.

Problem is the Colts don't have a #1 this year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Problem is the Colts don't have a #1 this year

Should have added definitely a down the road 1.....if I'm the Colts this type of guy doesn't exist in this draft or more than likely the next. Trade whatever necessary to get him so you can try and compete in the AFC.