2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

What? 

The off-season prior to Luck quitting on his team. The power rankings had the Colts middle of the pack, you argued they should be much higher I said they were closer to the bottom than the top. We had a great discussion and you multiple times told me I was crazy about the idea that Luck waa not going to play. I knew his heart was not in it and he would not play another game for the Colts we went back and forth and I just dropped it. I did not come back on to say I told you so just let it go. When and I have Said it before when people want to try and always be right and be the smartest maybe the need to be refreshed 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The off-season prior to Luck quitting on his team. The power rankings had the Colts middle of the pack, you argued they should be much higher I said they were closer to the bottom than the top. We had a great discussion and you multiple times told me I was crazy about the idea that Luck waa not going to play. I knew his heart was not in it and he would not play another game for the Colts we went back and forth and I just dropped it. I did not come back on to say I told you so just let it go. When and I have Said it before when people want to try and always be right and be the smartest maybe the need to be refreshed 

Oh. The Colts had literally just beaten the Texans in the playoffs on the road, after starting 1-5. We were the hottest team in the NFL, other then the Chiefs... McAfee even mentioned that in Nashville during the draft. 

Yeah, I didn't argue that the Colts roster was any good. I argued that Ballard was going to keep IMMENSELY improving the roster, which he has... outside of Luck, or the QB position. Remember getting Nelson, DL, and Smith in the same draft? 

You knew AL was going to call it quits before he actually did? impressive 

Just now, btownqb said:

Oh. The Colts had literally just beaten the Texans in the playoffs on the road, after starting 1-5. We were the hottest team in the NFL, other then the Chiefs... McAfee even mentioned that in Nashville during the draft. 

Yeah, I didn't argue that the Colts roster was any good. I argued that Ballard was going to keep IMMENSELY improving the roster, which he has... outside of Luck, or the QB position. Remember getting Nelson, DL, and Smith in the same draft? 

You knew AL was going to call it quits before he actually did? impressive 

Like I said then I did not hear it from the HORSES mouth but someone as close to the Horse as can be.  So in 4 years they are no better with all that has been done?? They went from the hottest to not making playoffs have had 5 QB's sounds like a great accomplishment.  Still no number 1 received the highest paid OL in the history of sports. A bad defense that is only good when they force TO's cannot get a stop when its needed. Have had no one since Mathis to remotely be a consistent pass rusher. Refuse to go out and get a top notch play maker even with having so much cap space. At this point if that is what separates a team from good to great go over pay I am fine with that. Stop waiting for the 3rd tier FA's and relying on the draft. Paris Campbell has played a total of 15 games of the Colts and only has 300+ receiving yards. Even if he is healthy are he and Pittman a scary duo?? We will live and die with Taylor and the defense forcing turnovers. 

• Like 1

Lets play a little game and tell me which one does the not belong

Team A: Has Great  2nd year  QB #1 pick, terrible OL maybe the worst in the league but has 3 very good receivers and a great rookie kicker and loses in the Super Bowl

Team B: Has an MVP winning QB, the top TE in the game speed at several WR positions and a horrible OL that gets the QB sacked and pressured all game long in losing the Super Bowl

Team C Has a once MVP level QB #2 pick, the GREATEST OL IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an absolute stud RB a 2nd year good receiver, no one else thats a real threat, a great leader and heart of the team but lost a step WR that we all love, gets embarrassed by the worst team in the league with it all on the line. Misses the playoffs while playing in the worst division of all time.  

Edited by Billingsley99

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Like I said then I did not hear it from the HORSES mouth but someone as close to the Horse as can be.  So in 4 years they are no better with all that has been done?? They went from the hottest to not making playoffs have had 5 QB's sounds like a great accomplishment.  Still no number 1 received the highest paid OL in the history of sports. A bad defense that is only good when they force TO's cannot get a stop when its needed. Have had no one since Mathis to remotely be a consistent pass rusher. Refuse to go out and get a top notch play maker even with having so much cap space. At this point if that is what separates a team from good to great go over pay I am fine with that. Stop waiting for the 3rd tier FA's and relying on the draft. Paris Campbell has played a total of 15 games of the Colts and only has 300+ receiving yards. Even if he is healthy are he and Pittman a scary duo?? We will live and die with Taylor and the defense forcing turnovers. 

See... this is just a rant. I mean, congrats, you can get the most frustrated about the Colts. You won. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Lets play a little game and tell me which one does the not belong

Team A: Has Great  2nd year  QB #1 pick, terrible OL maybe the worst in the league but has 3 very good receivers and a great rookie kicker and loses in the Super Bowl

Team B: Has an MVP winning QB, the top TE in the game speed at several WR positions and a horrible OL that gets the QB sacked and pressured all game long in losing the Super Bowl

Team C Has a once MVP level QB #2 pick, the GREATEST OL IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an absolute stud RB a 2nd year good receiver, no one else thats a real threat, a great leader and heart of the team but lost a step WR that we all love, gets embarrassed by the worst team in the league with it all on the line. Misses the playoffs while playing in the worst division of all time.  

Did any of them win the SB? 

Just now, btownqb said:

See... this is just a rant. I mean, congrats, you can get the most frustrated about the Colts. You won. 

Not with the Colts just with people that think they know it all and then when someone gives them a differing point of view or flat out proves them wrong can't accept that. Ballard is fine not a savior Grigson was Ok not the devil the 2 are probably not that far off in effectiveness as GM's at the end of the day record matters and one with  AL won more than the other without him. Regardless the success is still not there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Did any of them win the SB? 

Can't win it if not in it. Team C was on vacation about 1 month prior so I am guessing to a man they would rather lose a SB and have had a chance than to hang a banner for the greatest OL ever and be watching others play for the title. But maybe not 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not with the Colts just with people that think they know it all and then when someone gives them a differing point of view or flat out proves them wrong can't accept that. Ballard is fine not a savior Grigson was Ok not the devil the 2 are probably not that far off in effectiveness as GM's at the end of the day record matters and one with  AL won more than the other without him. Regardless the success is still not there

"Not frustrated with Colts"... your posts in this thread prove otherwise. 

The bold is super cute though lol 🤣

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Can't win it if not in it. Team C was on vacation about 1 month prior so I am guessing to a man they would rather lose a SB and have had a chance than to hang a banner for the greatest OL ever and be watching others play for the title. But maybe not 

Doesn't matter. Results right? The results were... they were all losers. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Doesn't matter. Results right? The results were... they were all losers. 

Yes that is correct.  You have played and if you are honest with yourself can you say that finishing last like the Jags and being Super Bowl runner up are viewed the same to the players??? At the moment maybe but all athletes can look back be proud of what they accomplished even if it was not winning a title. So if your theory is correct then why should it matter if IU football does anything short of winning it all or the basketball team or baseball team then? I might be wrong but you seemed pretty proud of those Brownstown Braves basketball team, I assume they won the state title correct?? Nope just another one of the 300 plus losers right? No you and I both know differently but still a nice try though. Congrats on the effort

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

That  you I hear that quite often. Of course frustrated with Colts but not as much as other things is that better?

I just don't understand a lick of what you are saying. And I have tried. The DE's are set, it's the best pair we've had since the HOFers left. Can't complain about that anymore. I don't see a FA playmaker that we should just "overly" want and there TONS of them still on the board. 

What happens if we draft David Bell w/42? 

To not acknowledge how difficult it is to replace someone like Andrew Luck is beyond me. Last year was a marginal failure, we weren't winning a SB anyways. We struggle this year and miss the playoffs... go be mad, at that point I feel like you for sure can be just in that. I don't think you have a right to be mad... until this point. That's how difficult I view replacing someone like Andrew Luck is. It just wasn't going to happen over night. Now is the time though, I agree. Pittman+Taylor are obviously ready... need someone like Granson to step up and PC to be healthy. 

To compare Grigson and Ballard--- idk. Hard for me to read. Like comparing Hanover College and SW Hanover HS. They play in the same area, but at vastly, vastly different levels. NFL teams, good teams, are generally built through the draft. https://www.nfl.com/news/general-manager-power-rankings-nfl-draft-edition

We have the exact person we should as GM. Reich is above average and I am very excited that they added two other HCs to the staff. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes that is correct.  You have played and if you are honest with yourself can you say that finishing last like the Jags and being Super Bowl runner up are viewed the same to the players??? At the moment maybe but all athletes can look back be proud of what they accomplished even if it was not winning a title. So if your theory is correct then why should it matter if IU football does anything short of winning it all or the basketball team or baseball team then? I might be wrong but you seemed pretty proud of those Brownstown Braves basketball team, I assume they won the state title correct?? Nope just another one of the 300 plus losers right? No you and I both know differently but still a nice try though. Congrats on the effort

whatever all that meant, sure. 

Phillip Dorsett

D'Journ Smith

Henry Anderson

Clayton Geathers

David Parry

Josh Robinson

Amarlo Herrea

Denzelle Good 

That was a Grigson draft class. The year before and after included-- TJ Green, Hassan Ridgeway, Antonio Morrison, Trevor Bates, Moncrief, Newsome, Andrew Jackson (not the President), and John Ulrick. 

An absolute travesty. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Phillip Dorsett

D'Journ Smith

Henry Anderson

Clayton Geathers

David Parry

Josh Robinson

Amarlo Herrea

Denzelle Good 

That was a Grigson draft class. The year before and after included-- TJ Green, Hassan Ridgeway, Antonio Morrison, Trevor Bates, Moncrief, Newsome, Andrew Jackson (not the President), and John Ulrick. 

An absolute travesty. 

Thank you . I will sleep well tonight The Colts are in much better hands now

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you . I will sleep well tonight The Colts are in much better hands now

You should. Those were Grigson's last 3 drafts

By contrast--- in Ballard's first 3 drafts--

Hooker

Quincy Wilson

Terrell Basham

Banner

Mack 

Grover Stewart

A Walker

Hairston 

Followed with- Nelson, Leonard, Smith, Lewis, Hines, Franklin, Adams, Willis, Okreke, PC, Rock, EJ Speed. They just aren't comparable. One drafts and signs guys who either aren't good at football (Phillip Dorsett and Bjorn Werner) or aren't good people (Brazil and Newsome) and the other drafts good football players (Nelson and Leonard) and good people--- all of them. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You should. Those were Grigson's last 3 drafts

By contrast--- in Ballard's first 3 drafts--

Hooker

Quincy Wilson

Terrell Basham

Banner

Mack 

Grover Stewart

A Walker

Hairston 

Followed with- Nelson, Leonard, Smith, Lewis, Hines, Franklin, Adams, Willis, Okreke, PC, Rock, EJ Speed. They just aren't comparable. One drafts and signs guys who either aren't good at football (Phillip Dorsett and Bjorn Werner) or aren't good people (Brazil and Newsome) and the other drafts good football players (Nelson and Leonard) and good people--- all of them. 

With all that great work remind me of how many titles. You let me know that is all that matters. right?

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Wow, two of my friends scrapping it out....lol

I think all three of us need to actually get together and have a beer! 

I agree. Not scrapping just some fun on a rainy day.I get bored if nothing going on.  It was nice seeing you on Sunday glad to hear the family doing well!! 

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

With all that great work remind me of how many titles. You let me know that is all that matters. right?

I'm sorry... had Grigson won any titles? 

Grigson was handed a HOF QB and ruined his career. Not only didn't win with him, he ruined his career. Think about how epic of a failure that is. 

Edited by btownqb