2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Yes

I'm 98% sure our cap is 16 million.. I think maybe what you were hearing was a confusion on what we have left right now (16 million) added to what Ryan already saved us (11 million). 

If Ryan hadnt of restructured we would have had 5 million. 

I believe. I'm not arguing.. I just cant find 27 million anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm 98% sure our cap is 16 million.. I think maybe what you were hearing was a confusion on what we have left right now (16 million) added to what Ryan already saved us (11 million). 

If Ryan hadnt of restructured we would have had 5 million. 

I believe. I'm not arguing.. I just cant find 27 million anywhere. 

All he said that after the Colts restructured Ryan's deal that we have 27.5 million in cap space

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Found this and will try to find something else

Currently, OverTheCap.com lists the Colts with a projected $15.9M of currently available team salary cap space, but that number looks like it should increase—as Indianapolis has guaranteed more of Ryan’s contract both in 2022 and 2023 (i.e., the remaining two years).

Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

And this do I think this says we saved 11.7 million to add to the 15.9

Matt Ryan has agreed to add more guaranteed money on his contract and restructure his deal with #Colts, per

@JFowlerESPN

. Ryan doing this opens up $11.8 million in cap space to use immediately.

Embed the tweets. It makes it so they are time stamped this way. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree. Of all the AFC teams.. Colts, Browns, etc would have been worse. 

The AFC looks sick!  It’s like an arms race. I think the Colts look really good in the AFC South.  Jax is probably a year away from being a year away.  Texans are putrid.  I think Nashville’s window may be narrowing.  I like Indy in that division.  

In the rest of the conference something has to give.  If you aren’t getting better, you’re falling behind.  Buffalo may be the most complete team in the AFC especially if they get home playoff games.  Miami is emerging. NE may be sliding.  They haven’t gotten better.  The AFC West is ridiculous on paper but KC may take a step back.   They will still be good though.  

• Like 2