2023 NFL Discussion

rico

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Agreed, and that is why it's a bad call.  However, if the official missed the hand down, it's understandable.  Brady's however, would be a laughable call if it was made in a pee-wee game.  

Exactly.  Not an atrocious call.  Maybe marginally a bad call.  Brady was atrocious.  This was not at that level.   He landed on him.  Whether 80% of his weight landed or 100%, he put the ref in a position to make the call.  I’d say a close call but not an atrocious call. 

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Exactly.  Not an atrocious call.  Maybe marginally a bad call.  Brady was atrocious.  This was not at that level.   He landed on him.  Whether 80% of his weight landed or 100%, he put the ref in a position to make the call.  I’d say a close call but not an atrocious call. 

I guess Aikman and Buck doesn't know the rules either because they think it was a terrible call.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess Aikman and Buck doesn't know the rules either because they think it was a terrible call.

Good for them. We aren’t going to play the game the way they did when Jim Kelly and Steve Young were gratuitously getting their bell rung.  Don’t land on the QB and you won’t get called.  Every single team wants that protection. This isn’t about the Raiders.   When it’s your QB, you will like the rule.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good for them. We aren’t going to play the game the way they did when Jim Kelly and Steve Young were gratuitously getting their bell rung.  Don’t land on the QB and you won’t get called.  Every single team wants that protection. This isn’t about the Raiders.   When it’s your QB, you will like the rule.  

Well to me if that constitutes a roughing penalty then the rule sucks 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Up 7 and you go for 2 instead of kicking the extra point. Maybe they don't have any confidence in the kicker but another strange decision 

I'm looking forward to the game where Reich decides to do this, it inevitably fails, and the other team marches down the field to tie it up. Social media will be a treat after that one. 

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm looking forward to the game where Reich decides to do this, it inevitably fails, and the other team marches down the field to tie it up. Social media will be a treat after that one. 

You mean like the raiders almost did until they decided to go for 2

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Instead of tying the game with 4:30 to go you go for 2 and missed smh Raiders

People are trying to make sports harder than it really is and most of it comes from data analyst that never played sports in their lives.

Do you consider yourself to have played sports?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Why is a 5 yard penalty becomes an automatic first down.

As long as we're asking questions, why can a ball carrier shove a stiff arm into a defender's helmet/facemask, but no one else is allowed?  Why does a receiver have to maintain control of the ball through the end of a play to be a catch and yet a ball carrier can't fumble from hitting the ground?  I never played football... and I'm old...72.   LOL  😂😂😂

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why is that a bad decision? Explain it to me like I'm 10 years old. 

I'm good at explaining things to 10-year-olds, so let me try.

As you get older, you may look at girls differently.  You might think they are cute, or even pretty.  You may even want to kiss them.  When those feelings happen, you may also notice some changes in your body.  Don't be alarmed, it's perfectly natural.    

How am I doing?  Are you understanding?  

• Haha 3

Not saying I would have advocated for the call if it was my team, but given the opponent I really had not issue with the Raiders going for 2 in that situation. 

They ended up getting the ball back with a chance to win and without a mistake from Adam's on 3rd and 1 and a mistake by Renfrow on 4th and 1, they probably win that game. 

A tie game against Mahomes with 4+ minutes left doesn't really mean much.

• Like 1