2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I will eat my shoe if QB is taken 1-3. 

Lots of people think lots of stuff. I don't think anyone really has a great pulse on what anyone is going to do right now. 

If it were me I wouldn't draft Levis or Richardson in the top 15 but through the history teams have made stupid moves. That is how you get guys like Wilson picked #2 who probably wasn't a first round caliber player

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I will eat my shoe if QB is taken 1-3. 

Lots of people think lots of stuff. I don't think anyone really has a great pulse on what anyone is going to do right now. 

This whole post, I agree with. 

But now, admittedly, I am rooting for Qs to go 1-3. 🤣

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If it were me I wouldn't draft Levis or Richardson in the top 15 but through the history teams have made stupid moves. That is how you get guys like Wilson picked #2 who probably wasn't a first round caliber player

That's fair.  

But.. Richardson and Levis are either substantially bigger(Young) or simply, measurably bigger, known to better runners (Stroud). It all matters. 

I think some maybe are praying CJ Strouds game vs UGA is the difference maker because that's the scenario they've convinced themselves is the best way for the Colts to get a Q.. (Stroud at 4).. 

And maybe the Colts HAVE determined that... but golly.. 

I'd understand why they'd(the Colts) would have reservations, though.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nope, no one makes stupid moves… when they make them. It’s only in retrospect that decisions get judged. That’s why sniping at GMs after the fact is easy to do, but hard to justify. The draft is a crap shoot. Built on expectations and potential. Rarely do you see a sure fire prospect, a Peyton or an Andrew Luck. 
If people are clamoring for a quarterback we can be sure of, then take one of the free agents. Warts and all, we’ll know what we’re getting. Otherwise, live with the consequences of a draft pick and hope that they are as good or better than advertised… and deal with it if they aren’t 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nope, no one makes stupid moves… when they make them. It’s only in retrospect that decisions get judged. That’s why sniping at GMs after the fact is easy to do, but hard to justify. The draft is a crap shoot. Built on expectations and potential. Rarely do you see a sure fire prospect, a Peyton or an Andrew Luck. 
If people are clamoring for a quarterback we can be sure of, then take one of the free agents. Warts and all, we’ll know what we’re getting. Otherwise, live with the consequences of a draft pick and hope that they are as good or better than advertised… and deal with it if they aren’t 

I thought the Jets were stupid when they made that pick and thought at the time tne Bears made a huge mistake drafting Trubisky.  I am never in favor of one hit wonders and picking QB's who doesn't have a long track record.

Edited by IU Scott

34 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

GMs get judged for the results of what they do. That is also true of most jobs with high upside. 

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's fair.  

But.. Richardson and Levis are either substantially bigger(Young) or simply, measurably bigger, known to better runners (Stroud). It all matters. 

I think some maybe are praying CJ Strouds game vs UGA is the difference maker because that's the scenario they've convinced themselves is the best way for the Colts to get a Q.. (Stroud at 4).. 

And maybe the Colts HAVE determined that... but golly.. 

I'd understand why they'd(the Colts) would have reservations, though.  

Am I misremembering that like two months ago we weren’t sure there would be more than 2 first round QBs in this thread? Now we think 4 guys are going to 5?

Silly time of year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think you just highlighted why some teams may not be eager to move up for Young. The other QBs plus those assets is probably better than Young by himself, it's the same equation you just gave for the Bears.

Absolutely...but there will be one team that will move up. The idea that the Bears aren't going to benefit from being the 1 pick seems I'd say either wishful thinking for their own team or suspect in logical department.....because it always happens.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Who in the hell is Jason Lacafora?

Hack that hasn't been right once on anything Bears related for years. My guess is somebody else is using him to float this idea out there to impact trading up value. Happens every year. Market manipulation. Some fall for it and some see it for what it is. One side is trying to put the least value on #1 picks worth....

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I thought the Jets were stupid when they made that pick and thought at the time tne Bears made a huge mistake drafting Trubisky.  I am never in favor of one hit wonders and picking QB's who doesn't have a long track record.

The Bears not only taking Trubisky over Watson was akin to Ryan Leaf or about 5 Bengals QB selections....but the trading up to do so. That pick they gave up to get Mitch ended up being a guy named Alvin Kamara after 49ers and Saints made trade. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolutely...but there will be one team that will move up. The idea that the Bears aren't going to benefit from being the 1 pick seems I'd say either wishful thinking for their own team or suspect in logical department.....because it always happens.

They’ll definitely benefit, it may just be by taking Anderson. Lots of years teams just use the pick, even if not on a QB. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't tell if this is just predraft smoke or what anymore. Going to be a long wait until draft. There seems to be this common theme amongst the guys saying to take Young which is you reset your cap hit on rookie QB deal vs having to pay Fields in 1.5 years. 

What could the Bears get for Fields?