2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Did Richardson improve his completion .pct at the combine?  I'd probably pass on him at 4 and trade down to get extra picks to draft OL.   Seems the colts should fix the OL.   If a team wants to move up A guy like Hooker could maybe be had later. Every team needs a Hooker on the team.  

I may be the only one here that feels this way… I don’t believe that any of the quarterbacks that are being projected at the top of the draft are the answer. I would take any of Garrapolo, Lamar, or Stafford over the prospects. 
Next year is supposed to be a stronger class of quarterbacks. I wouldn’t bet my future on Young, Levi’s, Richardson, et al. Maybe Stroud, but that’s the only one and I would be preparing myself for a growing/losing season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I may be the only one here that feels this way… I don’t believe that any of the quarterbacks that are being projected at the top of the draft are the answer. I would take any of Garrapolo, Lamar, or Stafford over the prospects. 
Next year is supposed to be a stronger class of quarterbacks. I wouldn’t bet my future on Young, Levi’s, Richardson, et al. Maybe Stroud, but that’s the only one and I would be preparing myself for a growing/losing season.

Rumor has it that the Rams are shopping Stafford.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-free-agency-rumors-rams-gm-calls-matthew-stafford-one-of-las-pillars-despite-trade-chatter/

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I would lean that way more than the reverse, yes. (to the bold)

But, I have zero interest in the vets you mentioned. Truly, truly... I'd rather go with Ehlinger for a year, suck, and draft #1 or 2 overall next year.... then take one of those 3 (Jimmy, Lamar, Stafford). In this scenario, we should take on the DL at the top of the draft... 

I would also have no issue in trading back and taking Richardson at 10 or something. I like all of these scenarios more than..... give up a dump truck full of picks/good Vets to go have the #1 pick. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They were saying the same thing last year about this year's QB class. Teams were going to wait to draft a QB this year because of how good this year's class was going to be 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing with Richardson is that we would still need a veteran starting caliber QB for at least a year or maybe two before Richardson is ready to start.

No one is getting picked at 4 and not starting within the first half of the season. I agree Richardson is raw, but if you take him you ride with him. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't see it in Richardson to start this year

I don’t disagree, he’s really raw, but I don’t think a team is taking a guy first round to sit. That doesn’t really happen anymore. Especially an early first round pick. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

I would lean that way more than the reverse, yes. (to the bold)

But, I have zero interest in the vets you mentioned. Truly, truly... I'd rather go with Ehlinger for a year, suck, and draft #1 or 2 overall next year.... then take one of those 3 (Jimmy, Lamar, Stafford). In this scenario, we should take on the DL at the top of the draft... 

I would also have no issue in trading back and taking Richardson at 10 or something. I like all of these scenarios more than..... give up a dump truck full of picks/good Vets to go have the #1 pick. 

How do you get guys like Buckner, Leonard, Taylor, the O-linemen to buy into that? Those guys bust their butts and all of them are getting to a point in their careers where they are seeing the end line. Sacrificing another season of sucking wouldn’t set well with me if alternatives were available to be competitive 

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

How do you get guys like Buckner, Leonard, Taylor, the O-linemen to buy into that? Those guys bust their butts and all of them are getting to a point in their careers where they are seeing the end line. Sacrificing another season of sucking wouldn’t set well with me if alternatives were available to be competitive 

Then you trade those guys and start a total rebuild

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If you really want the #1 overall next year, you trade those guys (and MPJ) for high 2024 picks. And you trade back in this draft, for more 2024 picks. 

Or you stand pat at 4 and Hope and pray a good QB falls to you.