2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 3/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, BobSaccamanno said:

I think Carolina could move up if they don’t want or get Garoppolo (who might go to LV).  Carolina could also stand pat for Richardson or Levis.  Seattle may be another team who could fake interest in QB to bait somebody to move up.  

Good call!

• Thanks 1

I'm glad the Colts didn't bite on that trade. Wow. But so much for Ballard doing everything he can to get his man. The guy just needs to shut up or put up. So none of you think L.Jackson is worth 2 first's? Now I think you trade back to the middle of the first Get you a ten year left tackle. move around And take the Tenn. QB. Sign a vet for 2 years. Or go get one of the young QB's teams are giving up to early on and coach him up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm glad the Colts didn't bite on that trade. Wow. But so much for Ballard doing everything he can to get his man. The guy just needs to shut up or put up. So none of you think L.Jackson is worth 2 first's? Now I think you trade back to the middle of the first Get you a ten year left tackle. move around And take the Tenn. QB. Sign a vet for 2 years. Or go get one of the young QB's teams are giving up to early on and coach him up.

I don’t think Lamar is worth the #4 overall, next year’s 1, and $250 Million guaranteed.

His own team doesn’t want to give him that much, and they don’t have to give up ANY draft capital to sign him….think about that… if there’s anything I’ve learned from Wentz, Ryan, Russ… if a quarterback is available, you probably don’t want him. 

Edited by Boiler Sam

41 minutes ago, rico said:

The Carolina Panthers may only be temporary holders of the No. 1 overall pick. The Panthers, who acquired the pick as part of a blockbuster trade with the Bears, are not ruling out trading back, according to multiple reports

Why would you give up all you did to just trade the pick. If you only go down a few spots you will not get back, what you gave up.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/3/11/23635783/report-colts-have-a-top-30-visit-scheduled-with-tennessee-qb-hendon-hooker

Looks like the Colts are bringing in Hooker for a visit. Maybe draft the best player at 4 and draft Hooker in the second round.

Ballard is a pick whore. He'll trade back and get the extra pick.

On 3/10/2023 at 7:19 PM, KoB2011 said:

@Seeking6you were correct, congrats on getting a good haul! I very much stand corrected, but am also glad the Colts didn’t make that move. 

Been up in Chicago since Thursday for tourney so I didn't jump back on board until just now. I knew we'd get a haul....but no way in the world did I think we would get this.

First getting a #1 in DJ on a very contract friendly deal for 3 more years. We fall back to 9 and can either get Carter if teams pass or keep trading back. We get an additional 2nd this year, another #1 next year that will likely be top 10 pick unless Carolina does much better than projections. As well as a #2 in 2025.

To say I'm thrilled isn't enough. Now here's the best part. With our own #1 next year and Carolina's we might position ourselves to be able to trade up for say a guy like Harrison Jr if we think we can get him.

Best part though is by making this deal now. We know exactly how much $ we can spend and where to target (OLine and Dline). The Bears got substantially better and honestly kudos to Frank as well. He wasn't going to chase the QB position again. 

PS...one last part. Thanks Lovie for beating Colts in last week. You made this possible. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rico said:

That is until someone ups the ante even more and jumps the Colts. Trust me when I say I'm all about fiscal frugality and not overpaying but at some point Ballard/Colts are just going to have to eat the cost and make sure nobody else gets that 3. 

Bears just signed Tremaine Edmunds to go along with TJ Edwards. Already a major upgrade for LB core. Add Nate Davis (G) from Titans and this is what a NFL GM looks. Still expect a couple more but between last week and now these additions we can target the draft for Oline and Dline help, another WR maybe in 2nd....Bears have gotten a whole lot better on paper since Friday.

• Like 1