2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 3/17/2023 at 9:28 AM, btownqb said:

I think Minshew is better than both. 

But the simple answer would be.... look who his OC was last season... Mariotta signed for 8 million btw. 2x what GM did. 

Totally agree. Neither of those two (Mariotta/Mayfield) are clearly better than Minshew. If you want to say none of them have really show much other than they aren't full-time starters - I can see that. 

9 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Totally agree. Neither of those two (Mariotta/Mayfield) are clearly better than Minshew. If you want to say none of them have really show much other than they aren't full-time starters - I can see that. 

A QB room of AR, GM, and SE is fine with me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If Colts can’t get Stroud this season then they should go in a non-quarterback direction in the draft and do what some of you guys want by tanking and getting in the Caleb Williams lottery next year. Richardson is an athlete but is extremely raw and big doubts that he’ll be ready to lead an NFL offense next year. 

No I want them to draft Richardson. Its still tanking and Ballard will finally be fired for doing so. With that being said. A small QB could still slide to number 4.

Take a chance on Richardson imo…if we suck and we don’t think he is the answer then draft another qb. You don’t have to stop with the first qb we take. If we end up with a much better option next year then take another swing. That said I’d love to find something special but lose a lot of close games and then take Harrison Jr….be set for a decade.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Panthers sign firmer Vikings WR  Adam Theilien to a 3 year contract. Frank Reich probably doesn't know how to react having a GM going out and taking chances to improve their team.

Not sure this is a good move. I have been a Viking fan since a kid, only became a Colts fan after the move to Indy. Thielen is a good possession receiver, but he's getting up there, and doesn't have the speed to create distance from defenders. He did what he did in Minnesota the last few years because Jefferson drew so much attention away from him. His real value is his craftiness around the goal line, but in no way is he a #1 and probably not a #2 receiver on a decent team. 

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure this is a good move. I have been a Viking fan since a kid, only became a Colts fan after the move to Indy. Thielen is a good possession receiver, but he's getting up there, and doesn't have the speed to create distance from defenders. He did what he did in Minnesota the last few years because Jefferson drew so much attention away from him. His real value is his craftiness around the goal line, but in no way is he a #1 and probably not a #2 receiver on a decent team. 

At the very least the signing shows Panther fans that management is trying.

• Like 1

If I were the Colts, I'd still trade down and try to build the O-Line and draft Hooker later. I'd expct they take whatever QB falls to them at 4.  Don't really trust the accuracy of AR for a number 4 pick. AR or Hooker, if you wind up in the Caleb sweepstakes so be it.  He looks special. 

2 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

If I were the Colts, I'd still trade down and try to build the O-Line and draft Hooker later. I'd expct they take whatever QB falls to them at 4.  Don't really trust the accuracy of AR for a number 4 pick. AR or Hooker, if you wind up in the Caleb sweepstakes so be it.  He looks special. 

This. Move down get you a ten year left tackle. Move Raimann to right tackle and Smith to right guard where he belongs. Pinter to center, cut Kelly for cap space. Get Hooker where you can.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If they’re going to draft Richardson, then sign Cam and let the rookie watch and learn. Similar players and the Colts can develop an offense to take advantage of Newton’s skills, and not have to start over when Richardson is ready to play 

We already signed our backup QB

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There are now 3 quarterbacks on the roster. You sure all 3 are on guaranteed contracts. And, if you read what I posted, Cam wouldn’t be the backup, at least not for a while.

Also Fes will be gone, but we will have Minshew, QB drafted and Erhlinger

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

This. Move down get you a ten year left tackle. Move Raimann to right tackle and Smith to right guard where he belongs. Pinter to center, cut Kelly for cap space. Get Hooker where you can.

There is no certianty he is a 10 yr left tackle. Probably about same chance on a qb. We thought we got a HOF caliber left guard and I’m not sure we get 10 years out of him. He is already breaking down and his game declining. Not saying I’m against trading down or selecting Bpa if our qb isn’t there…but it’s no certainty