2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

the best ability is availability, and he has not been that. 

From what I've seen... if someone right now told me, "you have to make a choice".... 

If I can get Lance for "not our #4 overall" AND "not our #1 next year".... 

That would be my preference. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

But for real? This years 2nd, and next years 3rd.. lets say.. you wouldn't do that? 

Idk the asking price. 

I wouldn't give up anything for him because I don't think he is a legit starting QB. Rather find a way to get Stroud. I think it shows you what San Francisco thinks of him because he lost his job to a 7th round draft pick

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

But for real? This years 2nd, and next years 3rd.. lets say.. you wouldn't do that? 

Idk the asking price. 

Who knows. I’d love to find our franchise qb cheap like that but I’m afraid it won’t be that easy. I mean we’ve seen less of Lance than AR15….and Lance’s 5th year option will be on us perhaps before we know if he is a keeper long term. I’d love to stumble into our qb on the cheap and have our number 1 to help our DL or secondary but 🤷‍♂️what Lance is. 

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

Who knows. I’d love to find our franchise qb cheap like that but I’m afraid it won’t be that easy. I mean we’ve seen less of Lance than AR15….and Lance’s 5th year option will be on us perhaps before we know if he is a keeper long term. I’d love to stumble into our qb on the cheap and have our number 1 to help our DL or secondary but 🤷‍♂️what Lance is. 

I just am not sold, at all, on these dudes getting drafted this year. I understand the Lance worries about the contract.. but, Levis turns 24 in June, Stroud 22 in Oct, Richardson 21 in May... and Lance 23 in May. Just referencing how young he really was when he was drafted. Furthermore, I trust John Lynch about as much as I trust anyone.. He was the Day 1 starting QB last season on the most talent filled roster in the league. 

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't give up anything for him because I don't think he is a legit starting QB. Rather find a way to get Stroud. I think it shows you what San Francisco thinks of him because he lost his job to a 7th round draft pick

Very confusing post. He actually broke his leg and a backup (not really sure why it matters what round Purdy was drafted in) put up these stats... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PurdBr00.htm

It was deemed Lance was better than that to start the year.

Take Stroud, sure... . Best hope the OL improves in pass pro, if you do. He isn't a special athlete. 

But, no.. that doesn't "show us what SF thinks of him because he lost his starting job to a 7th rd draft pick"... 

Whenever I hear these stories about 49ers taking calls for Lance or CJ Stroud apparently ghosting the Manning camp last year I always take it with a grain of salt. Somebody out there is using this sort of information for a reason.

For Lance it doesn't matter much to me. He's played 3 games in 4 years or whatever it is and I wouldn't give up much for him.

For Stroud though it brings in several teams. Is somebody saying this stuff about Stroud so they are hopeful he falls to them in draft? Obviously Colts but also Seahawks, Detroit, Atlanta are all teams who need a long term solution at QB so maybe their just using Schefty to float this story out there. 

If I'm the Colts. I do whatever is necessary to get Stroud and call it a day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Whenever I hear these stories about 49ers taking calls for Lance or CJ Stroud apparently ghosting the Manning camp last year I always take it with a grain of salt. Somebody out there is using this sort of information for a reason.

For Lance it doesn't matter much to me. He's played 3 games in 4 years or whatever it is and I wouldn't give up much for him.

For Stroud though it brings in several teams. Is somebody saying this stuff about Stroud so they are hopeful he falls to them in draft? Obviously Colts but also Seahawks, Detroit, Atlanta are all teams who need a long term solution at QB so maybe their just using Schefty to float this story out there. 

If I'm the Colts. I do whatever is necessary to get Stroud and call it a day. 

I wouldn't trade much at all to get CJ, compared to just taking one of the other 3 at 4. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wouldn't trade much at all to get CJ, compared to just taking one of the other 3 at 4. 

For me if we are sitting at 4 and if 3 QB's has already been selected I am going to draft Will Anderson and not a QB.  I never understood a team picking that high possibly taking a guy the might be rated 20 on your draft board. I would pick the player that might be 1-2 on your board.  I don't want either Levis or Richardson

Just now, IU Scott said:

For me if we are sitting at 4 and if 3 QB's has already been selected I am going to draft Will Anderson and not a QB.  I never understood a team picking that high possibly taking a guy the might be rated 20 on your draft board. I would pick the player that might be 1-2 on your board.  I don't want either Levis or Richardson

Ok... so.. 

That is fine with me. Makes sense... but lets say Stroud+Young go 1 and 2, you don't want Levis or AR..... 

If John Lynch is on the phone for next years 2nd, for Trey Lance... you're saying no? I wouldn't. I'd go get Anderson in the first, Jalin Hyatt in the 2nd... sign a guard in FA, draft a guard in the middle rounds and go BPA the rest of the draft. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok... so.. 

That is fine with me. Makes sense... but lets say Stroud+Young go 1 and 2, you don't want Levis or AR..... 

If John Lynch is on the phone for next years 2nd, for Trey Lance... you're saying no? I wouldn't. I'd go get Anderson in the first, Jalin Hyatt in the 2nd... sign a guard in FA, draft a guard in the middle rounds and go BPA the rest of the draft. 

I say no for both questions 

No on Richardson and Levis 

No on giving a 2nd round for Lance 

Teams that reach for QB's high in drafts usually have to draft another one in a couple of years. Look at the Jets and Browns

Just now, IU Scott said:

I say no for both questions 

No on Richardson and Levis 

No on giving a 2nd round for Lance 

Teams that reach for QB's high in drafts usually have to draft another one in a couple of years. Look at the Jets and Browns

Trading a future 2nd isn't reaching. 

But ok. So... for you it's Young, Stroud or no QB at all. I've mentioned I don't have a problem with that strategy and get one in 2024. Young is my least favorite of the 4, Stroud and Levis are probably tied for me. AR is my favorite out of that bunch. As I mentioned I don't love him at 4, though. 

"teams that reach for QBs high in drafts usually have to draft another one in a couple of years" that has happened, yes. It's not a rule though. 

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Trading a future 2nd isn't reaching. 

But ok. So... for you it's Young, Stroud or no QB at all. I've mentioned I don't have a problem with that strategy and get one in 2024. Young is my least favorite of the 4, Stroud and Levis are probably tied for me. AR is my favorite out of that bunch. As I mentioned I don't love him at 4, though. 

"teams that reach for QBs high in drafts usually have to draft another one in a couple of years" that has happened, yes. It's not a rule though. 

For me this is how I rank the QB's 

Stroud 

Young 

Richardson 

Levis 

If Young was 6'3 he would be an easy pick for the top spot. 

Without his injury I would put Hooker at 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

For me this is how I rank the QB's 

Stroud 

Young 

Richardson 

Levis 

If Young was 6'3 he would be an easy pick for the top spot. 

Without his injury I would put Hooker at 3

I wouldn't have Hooker in the Top 5, regardless of injury. I still don't understand you not wanting TL for a future 2nd if you are telling me how much you don't "see it" from Young, Richardson, and Levis... which is fine. 

Anderson, Hyatt, and Lance would change your roster big time, imo. 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wouldn't have Hooker in the Top 5, regardless of injury. I still don't understand you not wanting TL for a future 2nd if you are telling me how much you don't "see it" from Young, Richardson, and Levis... which is fine. 

Anderson, Hyatt, and Lance would change your roster big time, imo. 

I would take Young in a heart beat and Stroud. Just like in Richardson, Lance hasn't played enough on the field for me to trade for him. If he was that well thought of the SF would keep him and let him battle with Purdue.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I would take Young in a heart beat and Stroud. Just like in Richardson, Lance hasn't played enough on the field for me to trade for him. If he was that well thought of the SF would keep him and let him battle with Purdue.

That isn't true. Or, not something that we know.