2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I agree with you if you believe the Colts WR room needs an upgrade.  But curious who you want them to go get.  I don’t see any game changers at the position with this year’s free agents.  Maybe Adam Theilen but his numbers are tailing off and I’m guessing he would want to go to a contender at this point in his career.

Theilen will sign with Carolina.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

As others have said. Probably a solid by the team. Cap space and get him out of a rebuild at the twilight of his career. 

On a side note. I'm a Ballard guy. I love Indy and what the Colts have done to help be a key cog in the growth of Indy since 1998....but come on man. Do something. Or at the very least say it's a draft year. Or maybe he's trying and every FA is saying no thanks. 

What has Ballard done to make anyone a "Ballard Guy"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Indykev said:

What has Ballard done to make anyone a "Ballard Guy"?

He was in the room during my Bears most successful draft runs. Guess the term Ballard Guy shouldn't be applied recently though. Historically though the guy has hit far more than miss so I've always liked him.

With that said I get the frustration of Colts fans these last couple of years for sure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Report coming out that Cowboys will be releasing Zeke.

I hope that means that Pollard will eventually get paid. I detest all things Cowboy but Pollard has sat and sat and waited for his payday. Hopefully he'll get his now. From a fantasy perspective....Pollard if the true #1 down there will vault up the charts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I hope that means that Pollard will eventually get paid. I detest all things Cowboy but Pollard has sat and sat and waited for his payday. Hopefully he'll get his now. From a fantasy perspective....Pollard if the true #1 down there will vault up the charts. 

They already franchised him. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He was in the room during my Bears most successful draft runs. Guess the term Ballard Guy shouldn't be applied recently though. Historically though the guy has hit far more than miss so I've always liked him.

With that said I get the frustration of Colts fans these last couple of years for sure.

Hitting above .500 in the draft is easier when you’re not going after the premium positions. 

I don't know if Rodgers going to the Jets would be a good thing.  I have heard way too much talk about him these past few years while he has been in Green Bay.  I got a feeling it is gonna get worse if/when he moves to New York.  Another reason not to watch ESPN.

30 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know if Rodgers going to the Jets would be a good thing.  I have heard way too much talk about him these past few years while he has been in Green Bay.  I got a feeling it is gonna get worse if/when he moves to New York.  Another reason not to watch ESPN.

A good friend of mine is the biggest die hard packers fan I know, aren't they all.  He text me saying it's a sad day for green Bay fans.  I was like what are you talking about.  You are about to get 2 or three high picks for the biggest douche in all of sports at the very very end of his career.   And they are confident enough in love to let Rodgers walk out the door.  And save a crap ton of money to go improve the roster.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

A good friend of mine is the biggest die hard packers fan I know, aren't they all.  He text me saying it's a sad day for green Bay fans.  I was like what are you talking about.  You are about to get 2 or three high picks for the biggest douche in all of sports at the very very end of his career.   And they are confident enough in love to let Rodgers walk out the door.  And save a crap ton of money to go improve the roster.  

I’m signing this dude to a big contract?

” I definitely had a fear of death,” the Green Bay Packers star continued. “And ayahuasca, and psilocybin actually, really helped me with that and relieved a lot of the stress around the idea of needing to accomplish things before I actually die … and taking away some of that fear. I think when you’ve seen the other side, it makes the idea of death more of a passage and less of an ending.”

“No, it (ayahuasca) gave me a deep and meaningful appreciation for life. My intention the first night going in was ‘I want to feel what pure love feels like.’ That was my intention. And I did. I really did. I had a magical experience with the sensation of feeling a hundred different hands on my body imparting a blessing of love and forgiveness for myself and gratitude for this life from what seemed to be my ancestors.”

“I don’t think it’s a coincidence,” Rodgers said about the ayahuasca experience in South America. “I really don’t. I don’t really believe in coincidences at this point. It’s the universe bringing things to happen when they’re supposed to happen.”

“There’s signs and synchronicities all around us at all times if we’re awake enough to see them and to take them in and to listen to our intuition when it’s speaking to us or pounding us in the head saying, ‘Hey dummy, this is what you’re supposed to be doing,’” he continued.”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Are they getting 3 high picks? 

4 hours ago, rico said:

Two things. First when it becomes a done deal be ready for about 8 Jets primetime games next year.

Secondly with the Colts signing the Browns DT on the cheap is that a sign that Buckner will be dealt??

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Two things. First when it becomes a done deal be ready for about 8 Jets primetime games next year.

Secondly with the Colts signing the Browns DT on the cheap is that a sign that Buckner will be dealt??

Signing Bryant is for depth only and he will say behind Stewart which was a need

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Detroit got a nice qb who wasn't bad at the trade, 2 1st and a 3rd.  So yes, they will get somewhere in the ballpark of 3 high picks.  

AR only has 2 years in him maybe. They arent getting anywhere close to what the Lions got. A 2 a 3 and maybe a conditional 3rd. The Jets won't give up a 1st. Just wait it out and let GB keep paying AR for nothing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Indykev said:

AR only has 2 years in him maybe. They arent getting anywhere close to what the Lions got. A 2 a 3 and maybe a conditional 3rd. The Jets won't give up a 1st. Just wait it out and let GB keep paying AR for nothing.

Aaron Rodgers at 39 is still better than Stafford at 36 or whatever.  

They may not get a motherload but it will get worked out and there is no reason for packers fan to feel sorry for themselves, is my point.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Bengals sign Orlando Brown jr...4 yrs...$64m...$31m signing bonus.  Who says the Bengals are cheap.  Oh yeah...everyone...including me.  LOL.  😋

Bengals were notoriously cheap before Burrow. That being said, they’re spending it like it grows on trees. Heard on ESPN 1530 earlier that Burrow’s deal is expected to be at or around $560 million plus incentives. They added Brown today, and are fine with letting aging players walk or cutting them to bring in guys that they believe will help get them over the hump. I’d say they’re changing that narrative, or at least trying to change it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Bengals were notoriously cheap before Burrow. That being said, they’re spending it like it grows on trees. Heard on ESPN 1530 earlier that Burrow’s deal is expected to be at or around $560 million plus incentives. They added Brown today, and are fine with letting aging players walk or cutting them to bring in guys that they believe will help get them over the hump. I’d say they’re changing that narrative, or at least trying to change it.

Yeah, living in Cincinnati I'm very familiar with Mikey Brown's cheapness.  He learned from the master...his dad.