2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bears just signed Tremaine Edmunds to go along with TJ Edwards. Already a major upgrade for LB core. Add Nate Davis (G) from Titans and this is what a NFL GM looks. Still expect a couple more but between last week and now these additions we can target the draft for Oline and Dline help, another WR maybe in 2nd....Bears have gotten a whole lot better on paper since Friday.

Update. Bobby Okereke expected to sign with Bears tomorrow. So we'll get Edwards and Bobby O and a 2nd round pick for the same cost as Roquan...and you still add Tremaine Edmunds. That's called managing your $. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bears just signed Tremaine Edmunds to go along with TJ Edwards. Already a major upgrade for LB core. Add Nate Davis (G) from Titans and this is what a NFL GM looks. Still expect a couple more but between last week and now these additions we can target the draft for Oline and Dline help, another WR maybe in 2nd....Bears have gotten a whole lot better on paper since Friday.

Love to know what it was like to root for a team that had a GM that actually tries to Improve their team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Love to know what it was like to root for a team that had a GM that actually tries to Improve their team.

Don't ask me. This is my first experience with one in over 20 years. If we could somehow trade for Deforest Buckner who loves Eberflus I'd be in heaven.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Update. Bobby Okereke expected to sign with Bears tomorrow. So we'll get Edwards and Bobby O and a 2nd round pick for the same cost as Roquan...and you still add Tremaine Edmunds. That's called managing your $. 

Update on the update. Okereke went to Giants. Much bigger offer. Can't beat those numbers. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Holy crap.  The Bears signed Edmunds to a 4 year $72 million w $50 million in guarantees.  Makes it the largest 4-year contract for an inside LB in the NFL per Schefter.  Hope it works for you.  To me LBs in the current NFL are like RBs.  I like the signing of Nate Davis better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Holy crap.  The Bears signed Edmunds to a 4 year $72 million w $50 million in guarantees.  Makes it the largest 4-year contract for an inside LB in the NFL per Schefter.  Hope it works for you.  To me LBs in the current NFL are like RBs.  I like the signing of Nate Davis better.

His size and speed and age? I'm all good with this signing even at that cost.

3 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Colts are paying Leonard more than that…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Colts are paying Leonard more than that…

Leonard is better when healthy.  I don’t consider him an inside LB.  And, most importantly, I never said that was a good deal either.  Oh, and I wasn’t conversing about the Colts.  I was trying to talk about the Bears.  

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Like 1