2023 NFL Discussion

rico

B Young a little over 5'10 205 

Thats a compact dude. Interested what his 40 time will be.. 

I'm a big eye test guy, I like the 40, 20... other tests they do. I think that all matters quite a bit.. BUT, numbers, stats, the way BY dominated the SEC still matters. 

Personally.. I wouldn't be deterred by Youngs size at all, if I had scouted his skills as above avg to elite. 

There will be times his size hurts him, sure. Might be others where its a benefit, as well. Just my thoughts. 

56 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Probably not because there isn’t a clear #1 QB that’s worth it this year

Right, and if there was the Bears would probably take that person.

Lots of talk from the Bears camp/fans that they're going to get some haul and I'm just not seeing how that plays out logically. 

None of these QB's are ready to play. You sit where you are if you are the Colts. Draft the kid from Fla. who has the biggest up side, sign a vet for a year or 2 and you dont rush your future.

Young will be in the Hospital after the first game when our mid-major left tackle gives up 5 sacks. Stroud was picked by our Hoosiers, enough said, plus he doesn't run. But would take CJ over Young.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Indykev said:

None of these QB's are ready to play. You sit where you are if you are the Colts. Draft the kid from Fla. who has the biggest up side, sign a vet for a year or 2 and you dont rush your future.

Young will be in the Hospital after the first game when our mid-major left tackle gives up 5 sacks. Stroud was picked by our Hoosiers, enough said, plus he doesn't run. But would take CJ over Young.

If the true time-line is still 2-3 years, you can't pay a rb big money, probably gotta look to trade Taylor too before his value starts to diminish.   Colts probably won't though.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

No way I pick Richardson at 4, most mock drafts had him no better than the middle of the first round. I saw a couple not have him in the first round and it is said that some teams have a third round grade on him. You need to get either Stroud or Young in the first round or don't pick a QB at all. Richardson has played in 11 games in college and seen to many of those kind of guys he a bust in the NFL

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

As for Stroud did you see him torch the best defense in college football in Georgia. He did it by the pass and the run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

No way I pick Richardson at 4, most mock drafts had him no better than the middle of the first round. I saw a couple not have him in the first round and it is said that some teams have a third round grade on him. You need to get either Stroud or Young in the first round or don't pick a QB at all. Richardson has played in 11 games in college and seen to many of those kind of guys he a bust in the NFL

You might want to go research what Richardson is doing at the combine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I couldn't care less how he is doing in the underwear Olympics. I see him only playing 11 games and he is so inaccurate in the passing game

You might not care but there are a hell've lot of guys getting paid big money that do. We'll see in April.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

As for Stroud did you see him torch the best defense in college football in Georgia. He did it by the pass and the run.

His wr torched Georgia. Harrison especially. If Harrison was in this draft Chicago would take him #1. Stroud feels comfortable at the combine throwing because that is what it has looked like at OSU…wrs running wide open. He will have defenders breathing down his neck and inches of room from his receivers. If he comes to Indy his receivers will have no separation…it won’t look the same.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

His wr torched Georgia. Harrison especially. If Harrison was in this draft Chicago would take him #1. Stroud feels comfortable at the combine throwing because that is what it has looked like at OSU…wrs running wide open. He will have defenders breathing down his neck and inches of room from his receivers. If he comes to Indy his receivers will have no separation…it won’t look the same.

Pretty much can say that about any college QB at top programs. Did that hurt Burrow draft stock since he had like 3 first round wr's

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pretty much can say that about any college QB at top programs. Did that hurt Burrow draft stock since he had like 3 first round wr's

Just saying the game that sold everyone on him was Georgia…but man his wrs torched Georgia’s secondary. Of course Alabama and Ohio St play with 5 star talent at wr…not saying he is going to be a bust but I think it is far from certain he has Burrows intangibles.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just saying the game that sold everyone on him was Georgia…but man his wrs torched Georgia’s secondary. Of course Alabama and Ohio St play with 5 star talent at wr…not saying he is going to be a bust but I think it is far from certain he has Burrows intangibles.

Stroud is the one I have wanted all along because I thought he was the best overall QB. He is a very accurate passer and he is athletic enough to use his legs. He also has the size needed to be keep plays alive

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Stroud is the one I have wanted all along because I thought he was the best overall QB. He is a very accurate passer and he is athletic enough to use his legs. He also has the size needed to be keep plays alive

I’m not a huge fan of any of them. They all have selling points and all have some downsides. I just don’t want us to move up for any of them. To me it was vastly important to get the right staff. I think we are doing that. I think any of them will be successful in our system. Culture and system fit and supporting cast is vastly more important imo than necessarily the guy himself…at least when it comes to a non-generational talent like a Luck or Manning. I hope we stay put and take the guy that falls to us. Striechen has shown he can be very successful coaching several different types of qbs. Rivers, Herbert, Hurts…all very different qbs all played well under him. We will be fine with whomever we get…as long as they aren’t a basket case….and I trust Ballard to weed those people out.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not a huge fan of any of them. They all have selling points and all have some downsides. I just don’t want us to move up for any of them. To me it was vastly important to get the right staff. I think we are doing that. I think any of them will be successful in our system. Culture and system fit and supporting cast is vastly more important imo than necessarily the guy himself…at least when it comes to a non-generational talent like a Luck or Manning. I hope we stay put and take the guy that falls to us. Striechen has shown he can be very successful coaching several different types of qbs. Rivers, Herbert, Hurts…all very different qbs all played well under him. We will be fine with whomever we get…as long as they aren’t a basket case….and I trust Ballard to weed those people out.

I heard a few say that the difference between the top two and three and four is huge. The top one being Young and Stroud second. I think if the Colts wants a QB they need to get one of those guys. If they stay at 4 there is about no chance if getting either one.  If we stay at 4 and both are gone then I am going to pick the BPA and not Levis or Richardson 

Edited by IU Scott

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I heard a few say that the difference between the top two and three and four is huge. The top one being Young and Stroud second. I think if the Colts wants a QB they need to get one of those guys. If they stay at 4 there is about no chance if getting either one.  If we stay at 4 and both are gone then I am going to pick the BPA and not Levis or Richardson 

Allen/Mahomes weren’t the best in college…they were passed on…but they landed in the right situations…that is the most important thing. Talent is there for the other guys too…just takes the right people to unlock it. If we hired the right coach..we will be just fine. If it doesn’t work out we will be drafting high again and in probably a better qb class to boot. We have too many holes on this roster to leverage the future…giving up multiple first and 2nd rd picks to move up is foolish. You realize if Cincy had to trade up for Burrow they couldn’t have taken Chase the next year…then would we still be singing his praises??

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1