2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 hours ago, rico said:

You think the Raiders or the Saints are gonna move up in the draft to take a QB?

Definitely not the Saints. Too much guaranteed money for Carr. They’re married to him for 3-4 years. 

But Jimmy G only has $34 million In guaranteed money, so Raiders could move up to draft a Richardson and have him sit for a year or 2, then him take over. 

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Leonard is better when healthy.  I don’t consider him an inside LB.  And, most importantly, I never said that was a good deal either.  Oh, and I wasn’t conversing about the Colts.  I was trying to talk about the Bears.  

Both off ball LBs… but agreed, not where I would spend huge money in either case…

13 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Holy crap.  The Bears signed Edmunds to a 4 year $72 million w $50 million in guarantees.  Makes it the largest 4-year contract for an inside LB in the NFL per Schefter.  Hope it works for you.  To me LBs in the current NFL are like RBs.  I like the signing of Nate Davis better.

Edmunds (only 24 and a 2 time All Pro) plus TJ Edwards plus 2nd round pick=$24.5M

Roquan Smith=$20M

I'll take option A. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Love the signing of Matt Gay. He's a stud and while Mclaughlin had a good year...  Gay has been quite a bit better over the length of his career. 

He's one of the most reliable. Not sure how much on the field success the Colts will have this year but you have to think at some point in coming years big kicks will be required. He kicks as well as anyone not named Tucker in the league.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is very important but if your big free agent signings is a kicker then that isn't a good sign especially for a team that finished 4-12-1

Or you all are drawing correlations where there aren't correlations. I was told with allllll the FAs and pickups that Chargers, Broncos were unbeatable last year lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Or you all are drawing correlations where there aren't correlations. I was told with allllll the FAs and pickups that Chargers, Broncos were unbeatable last year lol 

You forgot the Raiders.  They were Super Bowl bound according to many in the media.  I’ll never forget the Eagles and their “dream team” some years ago. Yeah they fizzled too.

I have seen some media reports saying this is the weakest free agent class in memory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

You forgot the Raiders.  They were Super Bowl bound according to many in the media.  I’ll never forget the Eagles and their “dream team” some years ago. Yeah they fizzled too.

I have seen some media reports saying this is the weakest free agent class in memory.

Yep. I had forgotten every team in the AFCW was going to win 12 games last year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Colts trade Gilmore to Dallas for a 5th round pick in this year’s draft 

I am sure Gilmore probably wanted out and go to a contender. This opens up 10 mil and when of if they release Ryan that is another 17 mil under the cap.  Hopefully Ballard used some of this money on a WR and we need a couple of CB's now plus a RG.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure Gilmore probably wanted out and go to a contender. This opens up 10 mil and when of if they release Ryan that is another 17 mil under the cap.  Hopefully Ballard used some of this money on a WR and we need a couple of CB's now plus a RG.

I agree with you if you believe the Colts WR room needs an upgrade.  But curious who you want them to go get.  I don’t see any game changers at the position with this year’s free agents.  Maybe Adam Theilen but his numbers are tailing off and I’m guessing he would want to go to a contender at this point in his career.

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

I agree with you if you believe the Colts WR room needs an upgrade.  But curious who you want them to go get.  I don’t see any game changers at the position with this year’s free agents.  Maybe Adam Theilen but his numbers are tailing off and I’m guessing he would want to go to a contender at this point in his career.

Right now we have Pittman, Pierce and Dublin sober need a couple of WR to fill the roster. I would try to resign Campbell if not try to get some more speed at that position. Also with their early 2nd round pick I would look to draft a WR there 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Right now we have Pittman, Pierce and Dublin sober need a couple of WR to fill the roster. I would try to resign Campbell if not try to get some more speed at that position. Also with their early 2nd round pick I would look to draft a WR there 

I can agree with that but you said you hopefully Ballard uses some money on a WR.  So you’re just talking about bringing Campbell back?

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

I can agree with that but you said you hopefully Ballard uses some money on a WR.  So you’re just talking about bringing Campbell back?

Him or someone else or him and another WR. I don't think Dulin is a reliable receiver so we need two more good receivers 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hopefully rd 2 is used on a corner. 

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Colts trade Gilmore to Dallas for a 5th round pick in this year’s draft 

As others have said. Probably a solid by the team. Cap space and get him out of a rebuild at the twilight of his career. 

On a side note. I'm a Ballard guy. I love Indy and what the Colts have done to help be a key cog in the growth of Indy since 1998....but come on man. Do something. Or at the very least say it's a draft year. Or maybe he's trying and every FA is saying no thanks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As others have said. Probably a solid by the team. Cap space and get him out of a rebuild at the twilight of his career. 

On a side note. I'm a Ballard guy. I love Indy and what the Colts have done to help be a key cog in the growth of Indy since 1998....but come on man. Do something. Or at the very least say it's a draft year. Or maybe he's trying and every FA is saying no thanks. 

So far he has made 2 free agent signings and resigned two players so been fairly active so far