2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Should we start an NFL draft prediction thread or an draft thread period or just let it roll?  

Either way.  

What's your big predictions for the night?  Which way are the Colts going?  

Houston picks Will Anderson at 2 and use the 12th pick to move up for Will Levis when he drops out of the top 5.

Rodgers to Jets done deal. Jets get Rodgers, pick 15 and a 5th. Packers get 13th pick, a 2nd and a 6th this year, and a 2024 2nd but becomes 1st if Rodgers plays 65% of snaps....so likely a late first. 

Now it's all done. Packers can walk away. Get Salary Cap relief. Jets get a guy they think can make them compete in the win now mode.

58 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Should we start an NFL draft prediction thread or an draft thread period or just let it roll?  

Either way.  

What's your big predictions for the night?  Which way are the Colts going?  

Not a big prediction but I'm thinking my Bears grab Darnell Wright at 9. This Jalen Carter smoke has me thinking he's more Albert Haynesworth. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Rodgers to Jets done deal. Jets get Rodgers, pick 15 and a 5th. Packers get 13th pick, a 2nd and a 6th this year, and a 2024 2nd but becomes 1st if Rodgers plays 65% of snaps....so likely a late first. 

Now it's all done. Packers can walk away. Get Salary Cap relief. Jets get a guy they think can make them compete in the win now mode.

Mike Greenberg is having multiple orgasms...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not sure I remember Darnell Wright. I figured the Bears will pick the OL from OSU or NW

Paris Campbell might not be around at 9.

Skoronski from Northwestern I guess has shorter arms for his size and some teams are backing off of him the same way some teams back off of QB's for being under 6 foot.

April 22nd, 2023 at 12:30pm CST by Ben Levine

Multiple reports have connected the Colts to Kentucky quarterback Will Levis, and the organization is still very interested in the prospect. However, things could get tricky if Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud falls to Indy at No. 4. One NFL scout told ESPN’s Matt Miller that the Colts may prefer Levis over Stroud, while another scout indicated that the Colts are hoping another front office will make the decision for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:
April 22nd, 2023 at 12:30pm CST by Ben Levine

Multiple reports have connected the Colts to Kentucky quarterback Will Levis, and the organization is still very interested in the prospect. However, things could get tricky if Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud falls to Indy at No. 4. One NFL scout told ESPN’s Matt Miller that the Colts may prefer Levis over Stroud, while another scout indicated that the Colts are hoping another front office will make the decision for them.

What's funny is Ballard was on local last week and laughed at the notion that leaks are getting out.  He said based on the "reports" I know for a fact that nothing has leaked.  

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope that happens as a Colts fan, then Houston takes Young and that leaves Stroud for us

Stroud worries me after seeing that S2 score. If he doesn’t process things well I’d almost guarantee Steichen and Ballard won’t select him. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Stroud worries me after seeing that S2 score. If he doesn’t process things well I’d almost guarantee Steichen and Ballard won’t select him. 

I am not worried about that test, I just care what they did on the field. Stroud had the better completion percentage which to me he is able to read the defense. He is way more accurate as a passer which is the best criteria for a QB.

Levis career 64% 46 TD's 25 int 

Stroud career 69% 85 TD's 12 int 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am not worried about that test, I just care what they did on the field. Stroud had the better completion percentage which to me he is able to read the defense. He is way more accurate as a passer which is the best criteria for a QB.

Levis career 64% 46 TD's 25 int 

Stroud career 69% 85 TD's 12 int 

If that's the criteria, Stroud had a better college career. 

Just now, btownqb said:

If that's the criteria, Stroud had a better college career. 

I just think Stroud is the better pick for the Colts. After watching him against Georgia the best defense in college football it convinced me he is the best QB in this draft. I don't care about the combine or the before and after pictures of Levis. Give me the performance on the field over measurables 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just think Stroud is the better pick for the Colts. After watching him against Georgia the best defense in college football it convinced me he is the best QB in this draft. I don't care about the combine or the before and after pictures of Levis. Give me the performance on the field over measurables 

Would any of Levis's OL start at OSU?

Would any of Levis's WR be in OSUs top 4? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Would any of Levis's OL start at OSU?

Would any of Levis's WR be in OSUs top 4? 

I don't care and Stroud shouldn't be penalized for playing with talent. Joe Burrow had Chase and Jefferson and that wasn't used against him. 

Also if you are a great QB shouldn't you make the players around you better

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't care and Stroud shouldn't be penalized for playing with talent. Joe Burrow had Chase and Jefferson and that wasn't used against him. 

Also if you are a great QB shouldn't you make the players around you better

Jesus. 

The answer to that would be no. None of UKs OL would start at OSU and none of UKs WRs would be in OSUs Top 4.... knowing that--- the comparison of #s is absolutely useless. 

The bold isn't relevant. Stroud isn't Burrow. 

"Also if you are a great QB shouldn't you make the players around you better" Didn't Levis lead UK to like their best two years back to back in school history? 

• Like 1

Takes about 5 seconds of Google to connect the dots what's been going. CAA (Creative Agency Artists) represents both Young and Will Levis but not CJ Stroud. All of sudden all this stuff just starts getting leaked by coincidence?? Haha. PS....CAA also represents Brady Quinn who started plenty of this stuff last week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

ESPN 2 is having a mock draft right now with reporters from each team selecting for that team. I'm this mock it had Levis falling to 19 to TB. I see no way he would ever fall that far.

That’s because reporters don’t have pressure to take a qb and fix the team this year. Most GMs don’t have the luxury of waiting for a better option or sucking enough to draft a qb. You typically get one shot at it. You such multiple years and still haven’t addressed qb you are out of a job. Mock drafts are irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s because reporters don’t have pressure to take a qb and fix the team this year. Most GMs don’t have the luxury of waiting for a better option or sucking enough to draft a qb. You typically get one shot at it. You such multiple years and still haven’t addressed qb you are out of a job. Mock drafts are irrelevant.

Had Colts picking Richardson. First 4 picks 

Young 

Stroud 

Anderson 

Richardson