2023 NFL Discussion

rico

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, probably. But I didn't see a ton of upside in the others. 

I don't see anything "wrong" with it. Just needs to work... 

He's crazy young. 

He was actually quoted on saying he will be in the HOF someday, I like that attitude.

Colts fans will need to be patient with him, like some kid named Peyton Manning....

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

All I'm saying is Peyton had a rough couple of when he got to the NFL, remember?

Not because his mechanics or his understanding of the game was lacking. He struggled because the Colts sucked before he arrived.

I hope Richardson works out. For the Colts’ sake and for Ballard’s, who I like. But for a team that has rotated through quarterbacks since Luck left, I think he’s too big of a risk. 

8 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

He was actually quoted on saying he will be in the HOF someday, I like that attitude.

Colts fans will need to be patient with him, like some kid named Peyton Manning....

Manning and Luck were can’t miss prospects, who had played 45 and 38 college games, respectively. Their understanding of the game, was well beyond their years. Two of the most pro ready QBs to ever be drafted. 
Richardson is young and inexperienced. He is currently a running QB with a strong arm and accuracy issues. He still needs to learn to play the position. Fans’ patience will certainly be tested. 

In order of need for the Colts, I'd like to see them choose from these guys for their 2nd round pick

WR -Tillman

CB -Porter

OT-either Bergeron or Mauch

Depending on who they take in the 2nd round, for 3rd pick choose from

WR--Reed from Michigan St. or Mingo from Ole Miss

CB--Several to choose from--Bennett from Maryland, Turner from Michigan, Trice from Purdue, Stevenson from Miami

Edge--Diaby from Louisville, Harrison from Ohio St., Foskey from Notre Dame

The offensive tackles kind of fall off after round 2. I would either take one of the two I mentioned then, and abest available from the list in 3, or wait for a tackle in a lower round and goe with what we had this past year.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

I know there are some Volunteer fans on this site...any insight into the Bears new O-lineman Darnell Wright?

Yes, he's a stud. Day 1 stud at UT. 

Idk that he has All Pro potential... I think he is Day 1 starter, Above avg to Pro Bowl type guy for the length of his career, at least though. To me a very low risk pick. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, he's a stud. Day 1 stud at UT. 

Idk that he has All Pro potential... I think he is Day 1 starter, Above avg to Pro Bowl type guy for the length of his career, at least though. To me a very low risk pick. 

That sounds like what I have been reading. He will be playing the same position for the Bears on the line as he was at UT, so that is good. Thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I know there are some Volunteer fans on this site...any insight into the Bears new O-lineman Darnell Wright?

Day 1 starter at RT, really frickin good, has a chip on his shoulder....and now our line is pretty darn solid. Wright was gaining steam leading up to draft as it seemed Carter faded a bit. Today we focus all on D.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Day 1 starter at RT, really frickin good, has a chip on his shoulder....and now our line is pretty darn solid. Wright was gaining steam leading up to draft as it seemed Carter faded a bit. Today we focus all on D.

Big year for Fields - he's gotta pretty solid skill guys around him and a good line in front of him. If he can build on the momentum from last year, you guys could have a dang good offense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In order of need for the Colts, I'd like to see them choose from these guys for their 2nd round pick

WR -Tillman

CB -Porter

OT-either Bergeron or Mauch

Depending on who they take in the 2nd round, for 3rd pick choose from

WR--Reed from Michigan St. or Mingo from Ole Miss

CB--Several to choose from--Bennett from Maryland, Turner from Michigan, Trice from Purdue, Stevenson from Miami

Edge--Diaby from Louisville, Harrison from Ohio St., Foskey from Notre Dame

The offensive tackles kind of fall off after round 2. I would either take one of the two I mentioned then, and abest available from the list in 3, or wait for a tackle in a lower round and goe with what we had this past year.

Won't Reed and Mingo both go in front of Tillman? I think they're all three going second round, but Tillman seems like the worst of the three. 

I really want Porter or Mingo with our first pick today. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Won't Reed and Mingo both go in front of Tillman? I think they're all three going second round, but Tillman seems like the worst of the three. 

I really want Porter or Mingo with our first pick today. 

Some of the draft stuff I have seen has Tillman in the 2nd round and the other two receivers in the third.

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Big year for Fields - he's gotta pretty solid skill guys around him and a good line in front of him. If he can build on the momentum from last year, you guys could have a dang good offense. 

It's kind of a weird but huge year for Fields for sure. Year 3 and the steps have to be taken to show he's the franchise if not the Bears will look to seek a replacement in next years loaded QB draft.

I'm cautiously confident about him making the next step that Allen Hurts Tua and others have made after a year or two. 

• Like 2