2023 NFL Discussion

rico

47 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin on Sirius NFL network. Miller said he interviewed Ballard and asked him about moving up to #1 to ensure getting the quarterback they wanted. Ballard admitted that “ they hadn’t done the work “ to thoroughly vet all the candidates so they could feel comfortable in making that move.

WTH!! This really is dereliction in my opinion . 
I have been a staunch supporter of Ballard. Not so sure anymore 

That is crazy if he actually said that. I'm guessing a lot of Colts fans won't be thrilled to hear that. Wow.

27 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

That is crazy if he actually said that. I'm guessing a lot of Colts fans won't be thrilled to hear that. Wow.

There is an article in the Indy Star dated March 27th where Ballard was quoted as saying “they weren’t quite ready “ and they”didn’t have all the information “ on the quarterback candidates to feel comfortable trading with the Bears- which Carolina ultimately did.

So, your season was over 2 1/2 months ago. It was imperative that the franchise find their quarterback. Yet it wasn’t a high enough priority to put every single effort into being ready to make the decision that ultimately could save or cost your career?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think we have a three down tight end on the roster, so if we can get that great value on that type of player why wouldn't we take them? 

We need a play making TE that can go down the field and make plays like a Kelce or a Little. It is not my top choice for the second round but if you can get a guy like those two in round two or three that would be great.

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We need a play making TE that can go down the field and make plays like a Kelce or a Little. It is not my top choice for the second round but if you can get a guy like those two in round two or three that would be great.

I think Jelani is the playmaker, I just worry about him being anything besides that. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Colts have now traded down twice and got a 5th from LV and a 4th from Atlanta. I think they now have 4 5th round picks and 2 4tn round picks.

Meanwhile, Hall, Bergeron and Ming’s all get picked. All positions of need. 
Would rather have one higher rated player than 2-3 slotted for 5th round 

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Meanwhile, Hall, Bergeron and Ming’s all get picked. All positions of need. 
Would rather have one higher rated player than 2-3 slotted for 5th round 

We need a CB more than those guys but I still think he should have taken Branch. He also got basically nothing of real value trading down twice. The Raiders trade was a joke

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys know the Colts roster better than I but Brents (local Warren Central kid) seems to be a good fit. Long arms never hurt! 

CB was probably the #1 need especially after trading Stephon Gilmore. All they have on the outside is Rodgers and Flowers who is more of a return man.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

We need a CB more than those guys but I still think he should have taken Branch. He also got basically nothing of real value trading down twice. The Raiders trade was a joke

Looks like about the right value. Detroit traded up 10 spots and GB only got a 5th

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin on Sirius NFL network. Miller said he interviewed Ballard and asked him about moving up to #1 to ensure getting the quarterback they wanted. Ballard admitted that “ they hadn’t done the work “ to thoroughly vet all the candidates so they could feel comfortable in making that move.

WTH!! This really is dereliction in my opinion . 
I have been a staunch supporter of Ballard. Not so sure anymore 

So, they were all in on Richardson. What if he was picked ahead of them and both Young and Stroud were still available. They weren’t prepared to pick either one?