2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Can we ask all the NFL teams war rooms to stop doing all the high fiving and hugging after every pick is made for the tv audience in future drafts? I feel pretty confident they aren't always that on board and excited with every draft pick they make.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Can we ask all the NFL teams to stop doing all the high fiving and hugging after every pick is made for the tv audience in future drafts? I feel pretty confident they aren't always that on board and excited with every draft pick they make.

I can see Goodell walking up to the mic and saying something like this.  "Since the player they really wanted was just taken the pick before, with the 15th pick in the first round, the New Orleans Saints reluctantly select Bobo Dumas, Cornerback, Montana State."

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I can see Goodell walking up to the mic and saying something like this.  "Since the player they really wanted was just taken the pick before, with the 15th pick in the first round, the New Orleans Saints reluctantly select Bobo Dumas, Cornerback, Montana State."

I just started laughing because you know probably half the time two minutes earlier they were all cursing and arguing about what happened the pick before and who they were going to "settle for" now ha. Then the pick is announced and it is a love fest in the room.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My last thoughts on Richardson and I’ll let it be. Had to go flower shopping with my wife so hence, the delay.

Biggest concern- he’s played 12 games in college. He’s won 6. That’s hardly enough time to progress past the “doe in the headlights “ stage.

Game by game-

Utah 17-24 168 yds 0 TD 0 Int

E. Washington 8-10 240 yds 2 and 1

Ky. 14-35  143 yds 0 and 2

So. Fla.  10-18  112 yds. 0 and 2

Tenn. 24-44. 492 yds  2 and 1

Missouri. 8-14. 68 yds 1 and 1

LSU. 15-25. 185 yds 1 and 0

Georgia. 18-37. 271 yds 1 and 0

Texas A & M  17-28 201 yds 2 and 0

S. Carolina. 11-23. 112 yds. 2 and 0

Vandy. 25-42 400 yds 3 and 1

Fla St. 9-27 198 yds 3 and 1

He chose to sit out their bowl game which speaks to lack of character/leadership whatever you want to call it.

There’s nothing in that resume that speaks to consistency. There’s nothing there that says that as the year progressed, he figured things out and consistently improved. He had two great games-Tennessee and Vandy. He followed those two with two horrible games. He had two decent games v Georgia and A&M. Followed by another clunker v Carolina. He had 7 of the 12 games that he didn’t pass for 200 yards, and one of those he didn’t get to 75.

I 💯 hope you guys are right and I am wrong. I just don’t see anything in this guy’s background that makes me think he’s the answer for the Colts, much less worth the 4th pick in the draft 

He has character issues or a lack of leadership from sitting out a bowl game?

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you are comfortable with the “leader” of the team backing out of the game? 
not a characteristic of the guy I’d want leading my team 

Yes, I am comfortable with that. It's a pretty common thing at this point in time.

Will Levis didn't play in the bowl game.

Hendon Hooker transferred after being a starter, you wanted him, right? Is that not quitting on his team?

It was a meaningless bowl game, not the playoffs. Means absolutely nothing to me that he sat out - if he was my son, I'd have told I'm he should sit out. If I was his coach, I'd have told him he should sit out, too. 

• Like 2