2023 NFL Discussion

rico

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So who would you have picked at #4

I’ve already said that I would have taken Hooker if it was imperative to take a quarterback at 4. Otherwise I would have taken any of the next three picks, all in positions of need and then taken him with the 2nd pick.

Colts are depending on the new head coach turning Richardson into the next Jalen Hurts.For their sake, hope they are right. Hurts started 56 games in college v high level competition. Richardson started 13. That’s a huge difference in experience to draw on 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I’ve already said that I would have taken Hooker if it was imperative to take a quarterback at 4. Otherwise I would have taken any of the next three picks, all in positions of need and then taken him with the 2nd pick.

Colts are depending on the new head coach turning Richardson into the next Jalen Hurts.For their sake, hope they are right. Hurts started 56 games in college v high level competition. Richardson started 13. That’s a huge difference in experience to draw on 

Obviously taking Hooker at 4 would have been ridiculous since he was just picked in the middle of the third round.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Obviously taking Hooker at 4 would have been ridiculous since he was just picked in the middle of the third round.

There were more than a few analysts who had Hooker ranked as the 3rd best quarterback in this draft. He was not drafted sooner because of his injury. The same argument being used for Richardson, he can sit while Minshew plays, could be used for Hooker. 

I believe Hooker has better ability to play the quarterback position from a processing information standpoint, from a feel for the game standpoint, from a maturity standpoint, than Richardson.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:06 AM, KoB2011 said:

So Arizona is a terrible organization.

The Jets changed GMs between Darnold and Wilson (which was my point).

Vikings got a new GM shortly after Ponder, before drafting Teddy.

If you draft the wrong QB, you aren't going to survive as a GM. 

Which I said yeah for sure.

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don’t like the Richardson pick, and the trading down for who they have taken leaves a lot to be desired 

If you want to know who Ballard will take just look for the guy with the best RAS rating on the board…he loves his athletes. Both we’ve gotten in rd 2 and 3 are highly rated as was Richardson. He has always been a sucker for freak athletes…and for the most part that has served him well.

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If you want to know who Ballard will take just look for the guy with the best RAS rating on the board…he loves his athletes. Both we’ve gotten in rd 2 and 3 are highly rated as was Richardson. He has always been a sucker for freak athletes…and for the most part that has served him well.

Yeah. Translated into how many playoff wins?🙄

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There were more than a few analysts who had Hooker ranked as the 3rd best quarterback in this draft. He was not drafted sooner because of his injury. The same argument being used for Richardson, he can sit while Minshew plays, could be used for Hooker. 

I believe Hooker has better ability to play the quarterback position from a processing information standpoint, from a feel for the game standpoint, from a maturity standpoint, than Richardson.

You said a few posts earlier that the Colts weren't in a position to be risky. Wouldn't drafting an injured quarterback be considered risky? 

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well he's 5 years older, I'd hope. 

If Richardson is only as good as Hooker when he's 26, he's a bust. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

You said a few posts earlier that the Colts weren't in a position to be risky. Wouldn't drafting an injured quarterback be considered risky? 

An ACL is not career ending like it used to be. His surgeon came out and said that Hooker will be good to go eventually.

From a playing standpoint, there are very few unknowns about Hooker. Conversely, Richardson is all about potential, and most of it is unknown. Too many unknowns, imo, for the 4th pick in the draft 

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

An ACL is not career ending like it used to be. His surgeon came out and said that Hooker will be good to go eventually.

From a playing standpoint, there are very few unknowns about Hooker. Conversely, Richardson is all about potential, and most of it is unknown. Too many unknowns, imo, for the 4th pick in the draft 

Hooker, at 26, an ACL injury, and a very limited ceiling is not what you spend a Top 5 pick on. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hooker, at 26, an ACL injury, and a very limited ceiling is not what you spend a Top 5 pick on. 

How would you feel about grabbing him in like the 6th round?  You would have 2 guys similar skill set that would be an insurance policy and big brother to the younger for the next 5 years.  Wouldn't have to revamp your offense on the fly if Richardson went down for a month or 12.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

How would you feel about grabbing him in like the 6th round?  You would have 2 guys similar skill set that would be an insurance policy and big brother to the younger for the next 5 years.  Wouldn't have to revamp your offense on the fly if Richardson went down for a month or 12.  

I wouldn't see the point because I think a QB room of AR, GM, and SE is solid.