2023 NFL Discussion

rico

29 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dang

Last thoughts on Hooker, because I don't want to seem like I'm against him or whatever or that I have an agenda.. I'm rooting for him and I think Detroit is a really good spot for him... 

But I feel his ceiling is Geno Smith to pre injury Teddy Bridgewater.. in that area. 

I don't believe he has an elite skill, he threw to a lot of open dudes. Again, I watched every single game (minus 2?) that he played. 

I think the chances of Hooker being average are VERY good, I think the chances of Hooker being elite Top 5 are not good at all, as in zero. 

I think the chances of Richardson being average are moderate. The chances of him being elite? There IS a chance.. and that would have been enough for me with where the Colts are as an organization, and where they are roster wise. Richardson's ceiling is better thans Hurts and that isn't a knock on Jalen whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So where does Dawand Jones end up?  His stock certainly dropped, it seems.  

I'll gladly take him for the Bears. Quickness has been suggested the reason for falling but 6'8 380 is still a big piece of human. Much like our Caleb Jones with Packers last year they got into the league and improved foot work/quickness overnight. 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bears traded 1st pick of 4th to Saints. No clue what they got in return. Just stacking picks I guess because there are still so many good players available. 

Time to go get the miles in I guess.

Yeah. I wasn't thrilled with this, but I will wait and see how it unfolds.

*The Saints sent their own fourth-round pick (No. 115 overall) and the Eagles’ fifth-round pick (No. 165 overall) to the Bears in the trade.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

An ACL is not career ending like it used to be. His surgeon came out and said that Hooker will be good to go eventually.

From a playing standpoint, there are very few unknowns about Hooker. Conversely, Richardson is all about potential, and most of it is unknown. Too many unknowns, imo, for the 4th pick in the draft 

The one thing scouts were worried about Hooker was the system he played in at UT

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Colts draft DT from Northwestern 

Getting AA at 110 is absolute steal for the Colts. Edge guy and can play inside too.

Bears just took Johnson from Texas. Little bit of a do it everything back. Tough as can be, blocks, former qb turned RB up to 225 lbs. Would have rated much higher if not for Bijan. Don't mind this pick one bit.

57 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah. I wasn't thrilled with this, but I will wait and see how it unfolds.

*The Saints sent their own fourth-round pick (No. 115 overall) and the Eagles’ fifth-round pick (No. 165 overall) to the Bears in the trade.

Lots of talent out there still. Poles just feels confident in getting more and more picks. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Last thoughts on Hooker, because I don't want to seem like I'm against him or whatever or that I have an agenda.. I'm rooting for him and I think Detroit is a really good spot for him... 

But I feel his ceiling is Geno Smith to pre injury Teddy Bridgewater.. in that area. 

I don't believe he has an elite skill, he threw to a lot of open dudes. Again, I watched every single game (minus 2?) that he played. 

I think the chances of Hooker being average are VERY good, I think the chances of Hooker being elite Top 5 are not good at all, as in zero. 

I think the chances of Richardson being average are moderate. The chances of him being elite? There IS a chance.. and that would have been enough for me with where the Colts are as an organization, and where they are roster wise. Richardson's ceiling is better thans Hurts and that isn't a knock on Jalen whatsoever. 

My last thoughts on Richardson and I’ll let it be. Had to go flower shopping with my wife so hence, the delay.

Biggest concern- he’s played 12 games in college. He’s won 6. That’s hardly enough time to progress past the “doe in the headlights “ stage.

Game by game-

Utah 17-24 168 yds 0 TD 0 Int

E. Washington 8-10 240 yds 2 and 1

Ky. 14-35  143 yds 0 and 2

So. Fla.  10-18  112 yds. 0 and 2

Tenn. 24-44. 492 yds  2 and 1

Missouri. 8-14. 68 yds 1 and 1

LSU. 15-25. 185 yds 1 and 0

Georgia. 18-37. 271 yds 1 and 0

Texas A & M  17-28 201 yds 2 and 0

S. Carolina. 11-23. 112 yds. 2 and 0

Vandy. 25-42 400 yds 3 and 1

Fla St. 9-27 198 yds 3 and 1

He chose to sit out their bowl game which speaks to lack of character/leadership whatever you want to call it.

There’s nothing in that resume that speaks to consistency. There’s nothing there that says that as the year progressed, he figured things out and consistently improved. He had two great games-Tennessee and Vandy. He followed those two with two horrible games. He had two decent games v Georgia and A&M. Followed by another clunker v Carolina. He had 7 of the 12 games that he didn’t pass for 200 yards, and one of those he didn’t get to 75.

I 💯 hope you guys are right and I am wrong. I just don’t see anything in this guy’s background that makes me think he’s the answer for the Colts, much less worth the 4th pick in the draft