2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Link to article suggests more players are under investigation for gambling.

Slippery slope for NFL. With how they've embraced gambling, fantasy, fanduel, NFL stadiums have gambling,etc...if I were guessing the reason we are hearing more about this now is because the NFL never wanted to know before. Problem is more widespread and now they have to do something about it.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/nfl-investigating-gambling-allegations-involving-multiple-players/

I mean how hard is it to not gamble on the nfl…and how hard is it not to gamble at work? Isn’t that the only two rules?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I mean how hard is it to not gamble on the nfl…and how hard is it not to gamble at work? Isn’t that the only two rules?

The way I heard it that basically covers it. Don't quote me on that though. As long as your phone isn't being used on NFL premises to do any of that stuff it's not traceable. 

Besides the stupidity of it....everyone has a cousin looking to make a few bucks. Have him or her place the action if so desperate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

From what I gather the rules are 

1) don't bet on your sport

2) don't bet on your team

3) don't bet in the teams complex on other sports.

How hard is it to obey these rules 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

From what I gather the rules are 

1) don't bet on your sport

2) don't bet on your team

3) don't bet in the teams complex on other sports.

How hard is it to obey these rules 

A lot harder now that we have all these smart devices everywhere. I suppose I have to be a little understanding…gambling is addictive…you promote this stuff and people will get addicted to it. Heck I see people addicted to day trading so this is a likely consequence of opening up and promoting this stuff. Gambling can be incredibly dangerous…I’m not here to judge etc but making it more widespread probably is not a good thing to promote in society….the effects aren’t all positive.

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

A lot harder now that we have all these smart devices everywhere. I suppose I have to be a little understanding…gambling is addictive…you promote this stuff and people will get addicted to it. Heck I see people addicted to day trading so this is a likely consequence of opening up and promoting this stuff. Gambling can be incredibly dangerous…I’m not here to judge etc but making it more widespread probably is not a good thing to promote in society….the effects aren’t all positive.

I don’t think players should bet on any sports, ever. 

Stevin Smith got in debt to a bookie at Arizona State back in the 90s, then had to shave points to pay off the debt. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I don’t think players should bet on any sports, ever. 

Stevin Smith got in debt to a bookie at Arizona State back in the 90s, then had to shave points to pay off the debt. 

Probably a good idea no one does…just like it’s probably a good idea to not drink alcohol or do recreational drugs but like most vices…there is money to be made off it by govts so it’s allowed. I guess it’s hard to say it’s ok for the rest of us but not them.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Probably a good idea no one does…just like it’s probably a good idea to not drink alcohol or do recreational drugs but like most vices…there is money to be made off it by govts so it’s allowed. I guess it’s hard to say it’s ok for the rest of us but not them.

Aren’t there PEDs that are legal but still banned by the NFL? 

The toughest part would be negotiating that with the NFLPA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Stefon Diggs gunna let himself turn into Antonio Brown? 

Wtf and why is the WR position full of immature dopes? 

Funny you say that but I was just talking about that with a friend yesterday. Robbie Anderson is now Chosen Anderson (or is it Robbie Chosen?).  It’s like Chad Ochocinco.  Somehow that position attracts some crazy dudes.  

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Funny you say that but I was just talking about that with a friend yesterday. Robbie Anderson is now Chosen Anderson (or is it Robbie Chosen?).  It’s like Chad Ochocinco.  Somehow that position attracts some crazy dudes.  

Oh it's a laundry list of shitty teammates. 

Lets think about Stefon Diggs time in Buffalo... 

3 seasons 1200+ yards

3 seasons 8+ TDs 

3 seasons 100+ catches 

3 seasons 150+ targets 

3x Pro Bowl 

1x All Pro 

13-3, 11-6, 13-3 were Buffalos records during that time including 2 division titles.  

He plays with a Top 5 QB in the league... 

He's made 22 million dollars or more per year since joining the Bills. 

Sure Stefon... tell me more about how awful it is to work there. Man I get sick of that stuff. Jobs suck sometimes, toughen up.  Tone deaf, privileged mfers. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I honestly don't know what his gripe is, and he seemed to be calling Allen a liar.  He obviously bitched his way out of Minnesota too.

Yes. This isn't the first time this has happened with Diggs... 

Here's my real hang up.. I LOVE his game. He is soooo good. So good, talented, tough. All of it. Just go be a dude. Idk. To each their own. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Here's my real hang up.. I LOVE his game. He is soooo good. So good, talented, tough. All of it. Just go be a dude. Idk. To each their own. 

A lot of talented players have talked themselves out of the league early when the talent doesn’t outweigh the hassle. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yeah he is getting to that age where wr start to drop off. I mean I get it he was upset at how the season ended and he is upset that he is not being included in putting in the game plan but it isn’t like he is not seeing a majority of the targets. Not sure where he can go to be a bigger part of the offense. Seems him and Allen had somewhat of a falling out towards the end of the season. I really think Buffalo’s current window is closing shut and they will need to rebuild with younger talent around Allen. They need to get deeper and a lot younger at some key positions. Also their front 7 got dominanted by Cincy. I personally feel they need to reshuffle their allocation of investment.

On 6/14/2023 at 7:14 PM, dgambill said:

Yeah he is getting to that age where wr start to drop off. I mean I get it he was upset at how the season ended and he is upset that he is not being included in putting in the game plan but it isn’t like he is not seeing a majority of the targets. Not sure where he can go to be a bigger part of the offense. Seems him and Allen had somewhat of a falling out towards the end of the season. I really think Buffalo’s current window is closing shut and they will need to rebuild with younger talent around Allen. They need to get deeper and a lot younger at some key positions. Also their front 7 got dominanted by Cincy. I personally feel they need to reshuffle their allocation of investment.

And just the willingness to make all that an issue from the start.  Crazy, in a year they all should be thinking about one thing and nothing else. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 9:30 AM, btownqb said:

And just the willingness to make all that an issue from the start.  Crazy, in a year they all should be thinking about one thing and nothing else. 

He’s had these issues in the past with Minny. I think people discount the stability Deibold provided that team and offense especially. HC is a defensive minded coach. Deibold really ran the offensive side of the ball…really built up Allen and that offense. Clearly the whole team took a step back last year…Allen included with his turnovers. Agree though that this year is a make or break year for them…there will be a large shakeup you have to think if they can’t get over the hump.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 1:54 PM, btownqb said:

Sure? 

57 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He’s had these issues in the past with Minny. I think people discount the stability Deibold provided that team and offense especially. HC is a defensive minded coach. Deibold really ran the offensive side of the ball…really built up Allen and that offense. Clearly the whole team took a step back last year…Allen included with his turnovers. Agree though that this year is a make or break year for them…there will be a large shakeup you have to think if they can’t get over the hump.

But yet, he returned to the OTA. Back at work. Not holding the team hostage for more money or whatever.

Sometimes a big deal gets made out of little. Especially during the offseason when these media guys are scrambling to find something to write about. 

As I said before, much ado about nothing 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

But yet, he returned to the OTA. Back at work. Not holding the team hostage for more money or whatever.

Sometimes a big deal gets made out of little. Especially during the offseason when these media guys are scrambling to find something to write about. 

As I said before, much ado about nothing 

He should squash all that instead of playing into it then.  

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Saw the same thing at the beginning of training camp before he sat out…if he is back in camp sounds like they gave him a bigger voice in what the offense is doing and maybe trying to incorporate him some more.

Holy hell.. how much more can you possibly incorporate him?

Need for a WRs opinion on how to call offense? 

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Holy hell.. how much more can you possibly incorporate him?

Need for a WRs opinion on how to call offense? 

Maybe how best to use him against a defense. What he feels comfortable in getting open and where he can take advantage. Perhaps he has an opinion on how best to use him. After all…he knows his skill, what routes he thinks will work best against opponents he is going up against etc. Maybe there is nothing he can add…but simply humoring him and letting him have a seat at the table is enough for him to feel his opinions are being validated…hard to say what he thinks…but he is a top 5 talent in the league at wr…surely if he thinks he can help the team by being utilized differently…perhaps hearing him out wouldn’t hurt.