2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hard for me to see HOF. 

Agreed. It’s just a different era for qb. Those numbers won’t stand up in the modern era. Modern era meaning after the rule changes. Some guys like Brees, Brady, Manning straddle the two and are  impressive but these guys that came into the league post 2005….I’d say better have some incredible achievements, SBs, or insane longevity/consistency. I don’t see anything remarkable about Ryan outside his mvp. Just longevity. The SB would have cemented him but man…if he goes in just about every starting qb that plays for 10+ years would get in. It’s tough…because statistically he is basically Philip Rivers and I kind of think Rivers should get in….but maybe that is just all those AFC playoff games I remember him in.

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You guys may be letting your Colts fandom taint your view on Ryan.  

How is that? Not sure what the Colts have to do with it. Typically about 5 QBs make the HOF per decade….Peyton, Brees, Brady, Eli, Rothlisberger…I’d say anyone else is border line. Rodgers will be coming along soon as well.

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How is that? Not sure what the Colts have to do with it. Typically about 5 QBs make the HOF per decade….Peyton, Brees, Brady, Eli, Rothlisberger…I’d say anyone else is border line. Rodgers will be coming along soon as well.

All of those plus I'd have Rivers ahead of him.  

I think Luck would have been ahead of him, as well, had he kept playing. 

Russell Wilson, if he can write the ship, could for sure get in. He's 3rd all time in rushing for a QB. It's possible he ends up #1 overall in that category, solid chance at 2nd. And will move into T14 in passing by the end of next season.  

Plus Russell has a 9x PB and SB winner, Matt Ryan 4x PB. 

Matt Ryan career rating- 93.6

RW- 100+

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, btownqb said:

All of those plus I'd have Rivers ahead of him.  

I think Luck would have been ahead of him, as well, had he kept playing. 

Russell Wilson, if he can write the ship, could for sure get in. He's 3rd all time in rushing for a QB. It's possible he ends up #1 overall in that category, solid chance at 2nd. And will move into T14 in passing by the end of next season.  

Plus Russell has a 9x PB and SB winner, Matt Ryan 4x PB. 

Matt Ryan career rating- 93.6

RW- 100+

Yep if Russell can right the ship and finish his career he will have a shot for sure. I mean heck Stafford has a SB and tons of stats but I don’t see him as a HOF just yet. To just put in Ryan and not question it….hmm it’s going to be tough.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Good stuff. This doesn't include awards and super bowls, which the others dwarf him in. 

Matt Ryan's teams were never really a factor in the playoffs... expect you know, 28-3. 

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So now Irsay calls RB's actions inappropriate and bad faith negotiations.... and JT's agent responds on twitter. Doesn't seem like a happy pair right now.

And now JT's agent taking to Twitter even more. Just dumb. Feel like JT's agent is costing him goodwill. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Assuming it's calf cramp but Joe Burrow just carted off the field.

Ian Rappaport says Zac Taylor called it a calf 'strain'.

Serious question.  If it's a pulled calf muscle, that takes him out for a good chunk of the season.  What do the Bengals do?

Is Tom Brady still property of the Bucs?  Do the Bengals take a flyer on Matt Ryan?  What other experienced QBs are available?

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Serious question.  If it's a pulled calf muscle, that takes him out for a good chunk of the season.  What do the Bengals do?

Is Tom Brady still property of the Bucs?  Do the Bengals take a flyer on Matt Ryan?  What other experienced QBs are available?

Bridgewater?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm hoping it's something small and being cautious. My first look at it I thought Achilles so glad that wasn't it.

• Like 1