2023 NFL Discussion

rico

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Makes sense to me for the Colts. Sure they'd love to have JT but this franchise is 2-3 years away minimally from being a team to compete with Chiefs, Bengals, Bills,etc....why not reset? Business wise I get this all day long for the Colts and hope they can get a few picks.

With how little RB are respected I doubt you get much. When we trade Faulk we only got a 2nd abd a 5th and RB was respected back then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With how little RB are respected I doubt you get much. When we trade Faulk we only got a 2nd abd a 5th and RB was respected back then.

Here's the chess match if I was in the room. Hey JT..not only are you under contract this year we can tag you next. You can quit on us but do you want to quit on your brothers. Your call. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Makes sense to me for the Colts. Sure they'd love to have JT but this franchise is 2-3 years away minimally from being a team to compete with Chiefs, Bengals, Bills,etc....why not reset? Business wise I get this all day long for the Colts and hope they can get a few picks.

Get like two seconds or something and move on.

JT has exposed himself as a clown by having his agent. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's the chess match if I was in the room. Hey JT..not only are you under contract this year we can tag you next. You can quit on us but do you want to quit on your brothers. Your call. 

If I can't get value I am not trading him just because the asked for one

On 7/27/2023 at 7:05 PM, btownqb said:

I went to a Reds game recently.. indoor practice facility looks like its in the middle of Soviet Russia, like a James Bond looking railroad track area .... BOOM huge indoor practice facility..lol I was like alright. Concrete jungle. 

Its RIGHT under two over passes. Wild. 

My niece goes to school with the owners grand daughter (private school lol) and they had a Christmas party at his house…super nice….funny though is he is the poorest of all Major League Baseball owners yet has more than you could imagine.

Hope they make the playoffs…good for baseball to have the smaller market teams do well as I think it promotes spending. They have some exciting young players too.

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Colts are usually very very tight lipped organization. I’m not believing those numbers. Irsay may say dumb stuff but they wouldn’t float contract negotiations out there. That would undermine them across the league with players and their agents.

Edited by dgambill

He isn’t going to sign for less than the franchise tag is worth the next few years…that is the starting price point. I think we need him and he has been a great team guy. Imo he deserves an extension and it sets a good precedent with our guys we pay our own. Work out an extension that say doubles his salary this year then pays him say 10 next two years. Throw in some incentives that can get it to say 12 a year. To me that’s a win win.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Colts are usually very very tight lipped organization. I’m not believing those numbers. Irsay may say dumb stuff but they wouldn’t float contract negotiations out there. That would undermine them across the league with players and their agents.

No idea where a leak may have come from, but I find those numbers completely believable if you've seen a single word from JT's camp in the past week.

He went from a Colts lifer to a guy that makes PG and Vic look like loyal, upstanding teammates in a record breaking amount of time. He's a good talent but realistically he's had one elite year in 3 years - hope we run him into the ground for this crap because we aren't going to trade him with a year left on his contract the way the market is. 

You think you deserve $16M? Go prove it with 400 carries you clown. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

No idea where a leak may have come from, but I find those numbers completely believable if you've seen a single word from JT's camp in the past week.

He went from a Colts lifer to a guy that makes PG and Vic look like loyal, upstanding teammates in a record breaking amount of time. He's a good talent but realistically he's had one elite year in 3 years - hope we run him into the ground for this crap because we aren't going to trade him with a year left on his contract the way the market is. 

You think you deserve $16M? Go prove it with 400 carries you clown. 

I don’t blame him. As a 2nd rd pick he did not get the big first rd contract like some. This is the one shot he has to get life changing money. This next contract is the only big payday he will get. Seems weird fans hate the guy like he is asking for their money. He isn’t taking money out of your families pocket. He just wants his part of the teams money they have to pay all the players.

No one on our offense is more deserving of a contract. There are a lot of running backs that are replaceable but few have game changing ability like him. I think it would behove us to try to sign him for the next 3 years. Young qbs best friend is a running game…starting Moss we would be dead in the water.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I don’t blame him. As a 2nd rd pick he did not get the big first rd contract like some. This is the one shot he has to get life changing money. This next contract is the only big payday he will get. Seems weird fans hate the guy like he is asking for their money. He isn’t taking money out of your families pocket. He just wants his part of the teams money they have to pay all the players.

No one on our offense is more deserving of a contract. There are a lot of running backs that are replaceable but few have game changing ability like him. I think it would behove us to try to sign him for the next 3 years. Young qbs best friend is a running game…starting Moss we would be dead in the water.

I don’t blame anyone for advocating for themselves but he is an absolute idiot and making himself look like a clown.

He has had one elite year and is currently injured at the most replaceable position in football. He’s hired an agent that is a trash human.

You went on a tangent about the NBA cap and how the NFL is better but now you want the Colts to give in to this clown? We’ve never won a playoff game with him, he is injured, and the only elite year he had we missed the playoffs. Play him the contract he has, tag him, and if that’s not good enough for him (as in, the deal that was collectively bargained by all NFL players) he can retire.

Running backs just don’t really matter anymore. Sucks for them, but they’re getting what the market dictates. 

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t blame anyone for advocating for themselves but he is an absolute idiot and making himself look like a clown.

He has had one elite year and is currently injured at the most replaceable position in football. He’s hired an agent that is a trash human.

You went on a tangent about the NBA cap and how the NFL is better but now you want the Colts to give in to this clown? We’ve never won a playoff game with him, he is injured, and the only elite year he had we missed the playoffs. Play him the contract he has, tag him, and if that’s not good enough for him (as in, the deal that was collectively bargained by all NFL players) he can retire.

Running backs just don’t really matter anymore. Sucks for them, but they’re getting what the market dictates. 

Every RB should all go on strike and teams will see there is still a need for a good running game.  I don't buy that since KC doesn't have a great RB and still wins doesn't mean every team can do the same thing. Not everyone has Mahomes as a QB and the Colts with a rookie QB needs JT. To me JT is the best pure running back in the NFL. Colts need him because he is the only playmaker they have on offense and with Richardson's running skills it should make JT even more dangerous 

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I just think calling people a clown and trash when I suspect you probably never spent much time with them or maybe even spoke to them is pretty harsh. Colts can do what they like….but he is the best offensive threat on our team. If we don’t want to pay him then I don’t blame him for sitting out. That’s all he can do. Let’s not act like he is a piece of crap human being because he is negotiating his salary. People having a visceral reaction to him asking to get paid what he feels he is worth seems overkill.

I want a cap in the nba to create more parity. I don’t care what you pay your players as long as you stay under the cap…I understand it’s basically impossible to put that genie back in the bottle but I still feel like the nfl has a more fair model.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just think calling people a clown and trash when I suspect you probably never spent much time with them or maybe even spoke to them is pretty harsh. Colts can do what they like….but he is the best offensive threat on our team. If we don’t want to pay him then I don’t blame him for sitting out. That’s all he can do. Let’s not act like he is a piece of crap human being because he is negotiating his salary. People having a visceral reaction to him asking to get paid what he feels he is worth seems overkill.

I want a cap in the nba to create more parity. I don’t care what you pay your players as long as you stay under the cap…I understand it’s basically impossible to put that genie back in the bottle but I still feel like the nfl has a more fair model.

You need to go check out who JT chooses for his agent. I’m very comfortable with that label, are you comfortable defending it?

In terms of the cap, the “more fair model” means teams aren’t going to spend money on positions that don’t matter. They can spend a bunch of money on JT and not make the playoffs if they don’t have impact guys at positions that help you win games, is that what we want now?

Im all for JT sitting out if he wants, but it’s pretty clear what the running back market is right now. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Amateur hour on JT and his agents part. This new injury stuff now the Colts can not pay him (makes sense given their stance) this year and tag him for additional....how some of these folks are hired is beyond me. 

Even without the current injuries it was silly to think he would get the extension he wants before the season, even if the RB market wasn’t tanked.

JT has had one good year, one elite year, one poor year. He has the same fumble problems he entered the league with. He is mediocre in pass pro and can’t run routes downfield, he does have good hands on check downs and is obviously dangerous in that situation. He needed another really good year this year to get some leverage. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Even without the current injuries it was silly to think he would get the extension he wants before the season, even if the RB market wasn’t tanked.

JT has had one good year, one elite year, one poor year. He has the same fumble problems he entered the league with. He is mediocre in pass pro and can’t run routes downfield, he does have good hands on check downs and is obviously dangerous in that situation. He needed another really good year this year to get some leverage. 

Yep and I know all of this stuff is happening so quick so I might be wrong in my very simplistic post. All he had to do this year is go to work, run the ball, arguably should have more space out of respect for AR......and the Colts would have extended him after the season.

Now?? He's going to have either pray he gets traded and paid....or start rebuilding himself. Such a shame. He's a great guy that by all accounts is just getting some bad advice.

• Like 1