2023 NFL Discussion

rico

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So Kareem Hunt was visiting Saints and now headed to Indy for a visit. Something to keep an eye on for sure. No JT at camp today and this move isn't a coincidence.

Nothing but my opinion here but I think signing Drake and maybe Hunt has to do with JT and Moss being injured and not necessarily because of contracts.

• Like 1

I’m in Chicago and the irrational exuberance for the 2-15 Bears is breathtaking. It has spread like wildfire.  I was at a barbecue and I kid you not several legitimate fans think Super Bowl is on the radar. Not that they are a year away from being a year away, but literally now.

This is not an isolated thought.  Fans literally roll their eyes and mock the Lions, who won 8 of the last ten, as if the 1985 difference between the franchises matters in the here and now.  I get that the NFC is the JV and it gives the fans of all the also-rans some hope, but this is out of control.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m in Chicago and the irrational exuberance for the 2-15 Bears is breathtaking. It has spread like wildfire.  I was at a barbecue and I kid you not several legitimate fans think Super Bowl is on the radar. Not that they are a year away from being a year away, but literally now.

This is not an isolated thought.  Fans literally roll their eyes and mock the Lions, who won 8 of the last ten, as if the 1985 difference between the franchises matters in the here and now.  I get that the NFC is the JV and it gives the fans of all the also-rans some hope, but this is out of control.  

All my Chicago buddies are cautiously optimistic but somewhere around the 10 win mark and make playoffs is our ceiling. Anything else would be unrealistic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

All my Chicago buddies are cautiously optimistic but somewhere around the 10 win mark and make playoffs is our ceiling. Anything else would be unrealistic.

To be clear, I do think they will be a lot better and I hope they are.  They made a lot of nice moves in the offseason.  I think 8-9 wins would be a nice move.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

To be clear, I do think they will be a lot better and I hope they are.  They made a lot of nice moves in the offseason.  I think 8-9 wins would be a nice move.  

i think they will be in it at the end for the division and wildcard spot. Hopefully not, as i am a Vikings fan.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Haters gonna hate. :coffee:

Super Bears, Super Bowl! 💪😎🍻

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Would you trust him? Would you make him your QB1 on your fantasy team? I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Big year for him to prove it.  He’s got legit weapons.  Can he drop back on 3rd and 11, anticipate a receiver open, and throw him open for a first down?   If he wants to be mentioned with Hurts and Lamar, he’s going to need to get past “see Spot open, throw Spot the ball”.  Right now he’s sitting on a 2-15 record, good for the first pick in the draft.  They added good talent around him.  

Jordan Love, on the other hand, is probably the biggest mystery in the league.  No hype coming out of GB.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Jordan Love, on the other hand, is probably the biggest mystery in the league.  No hype coming out of GB.  

The Packers are sort of in the same boat as the Bears.  If their starting QB's fail there is always the draft to get another one.

• Like 1

I think people are just assuming Justin Fields is going to make the same leap this year that Jalen Hurts made last year. 

The difference is that Hurts is an animal in terms of work ethic and he also played on arguably (not sure there's much to argue against though) the best roster in football. 

I see the Bears improved, but not a massive Super Bowl contending leap. 

• Like 2