2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Deandre Hopkins asking price must be ridiculous if the final 2 teams are the Titans and Patriots....both of which are nowhere near title contention or even division contention. 

Seems weird that all the QB's that Hopkins listed on that initial podcast.....not one single team has an interest in him which tells me he thinks he should be paid like a top 5 still.

NFL is showing the 1995 AFC Championship game with the Colts vs Steelers. This game brings back great memories but some agonizing ones as well.  That was the first year where the Colts did anything in the  playoffs since moving here. That year was so enjoyable with so many great comebacks by Harbaugh. He wasn't even the starter to start the season because Craig Erickson was the opening day starter. I was at the opener against the Bengals and after Erickson's third INT they brought Harbaugh in and made a comeback to force OT but lost. Second game the same thing but Harbaugh brought us back from 24-0 and won at the Jets.

There were 3 plays if the Cts made we would been in the Super Bowl

1) Cordell Stewart TD catch shouldn't have counted. He stepped out of bounds and was the first one to touch the ball. No replay at that time.

2) Colts up 16-13 with under 5 minutes to go. Colts had 3rd and 2 inside their 25. A sweep was called for Lamont Warren to the left side. It was blocked great and a wide open whole in front of him but someone on the backside dove and tripped him up. It not tripped it would have been a 80 yard TD run.

3) After we punted Pittsburgh got to mid field and they tried a slant and Coryott jumped it and the ball hit him right in the hands but dropped it. It was a sure TD and would if sealed the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to throw this one because it impacts all sports but ESPN laying off dozens of people again. Pretty high profile folks too. On the NFL side....Suzy Kolber, Steve Young, McShay...plenty of others too. 

I can't believe it jey are getting rid of the guys who are actually good at their jobs. They get rid of Alphonso Ellis but keeps Walton. I guess Stephen A Smith will have a lifetime contract even though he is the worst thing on ESPN.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 6:54 PM, IU Scott said:

NFL is showing the 1995 AFC Championship game with the Colts vs Steelers. This game brings back great memories but some agonizing ones as well.  That was the first year where the Colts did anything in the  playoffs since moving here. That year was so enjoyable with so many great comebacks by Harbaugh. He wasn't even the starter to start the season because Craig Erickson was the opening day starter. I was at the opener against the Bengals and after Erickson's third INT they brought Harbaugh in and made a comeback to force OT but lost. Second game the same thing but Harbaugh brought us back from 24-0 and won at the Jets.

There were 3 plays if the Cts made we would been in the Super Bowl

1) Cordell Stewart TD catch shouldn't have counted. He stepped out of bounds and was the first one to touch the ball. No replay at that time.

2) Colts up 16-13 with under 5 minutes to go. Colts had 3rd and 2 inside their 25. A sweep was called for Lamont Warren to the left side. It was blocked great and a wide open whole in front of him but someone on the backside dove and tripped him up. It not tripped it would have been a 80 yard TD run.

3) After we punted Pittsburgh got to mid field and they tried a slant and Coryott jumped it and the ball hit him right in the hands but dropped it. It was a sure TD and would if sealed the game.

Probably saved us from being murdered in the SB by the Cowboys. They didn’t play their best game that SB but I’m not sure we could have beat them.

On 7/5/2023 at 12:57 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-josh-allen-blames-the-media-for-blowing-the-stefon-diggs-situation-so-far-out-of-proportion/

More confirmation that all the hand wringing and labelling of this guy was a bunch of overreaction.

It wasn't, though. Diggs literally played into it. Stefon chose the dramatic route. Poor guy thinks he's an off cord. 

All he had to do was not tweet like an idiot. Seems very simple for a 30 year old All Pro. This is on Diggs. 

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I just cant fathom paying a DL money that is close to, or even exceeds what some of those teams are paying their QB.

In a respectful... like literally, as respectful as I can possibly say this... 

Yes you're out of touch. 

DE is #2 most important postion on a football team, any team. 

And DT is crazy underrated in importance. 

I guess that is all an opinion, but .. I think I could back that up with some serious data if I wanted to. 

• Like 2

East- NYG, NYJ, NE, Buff 

Southeast- Carolina, TB, Miami, Jax

North- GB, Det, CHI, Minnesota, 

Central- IND, Titans, CLE, Cinci

Atlantic? Idk what to call this one-Pitt, Balt, PHI, Wash

South- Dallas, Texans, NO, ATL

Southwest- I would go--- LAC, LAR, SF, LV

West- KC, AZ, Den, Seattle 

I could see different arguments out West... 

Southwest- LAC, LAR, SF, AZ 

West- LV, Denver, SEA, KC 

That could work 

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

East- NYG, NYJ, NE, Buff 

Southeast- Carolina, TB, Miami, Jax

North- GB, Det, CHI, Minnesota, 

Central- IND, Titans, CLE, Cinci

Atlantic? Idk what to call this one-Pitt, Balt, PHI, Wash

South- Dallas, Texans, NO, ATL

Southwest- I would go--- LAC, LAR, SF, LV

West- KC, AZ, Den, Seattle 

I could see different arguments out West... 

Southwest- LAC, LAR, SF, AZ 

West- LV, Denver, SEA, KC 

That could work 

If we are just going by demographics then KC wouldn't be in the west

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

no s***

And in one step....this dude changed the way the NFL pays RB's forever. Hopefully some of these RB's get paid but it doesn't seem likely. I'm not sure what the right move is either. Maybe during next CBA shorten the initial contract for RB's from 4-5 years to less? I've seen that suggested. They just get eaten up and replaced.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And in one step....this dude changed the way the NFL pays RB's forever. Hopefully some of these RB's get paid but it doesn't seem likely. I'm not sure what the right move is either. Maybe during next CBA shorten the initial contract for RB's from 4-5 years to less? I've seen that suggested. They just get eaten up and replaced.

I know it will never happen but every RB in the league should go on strike and don't report to camp. If they don't think that position is important then try playing without one. Eventually Football will probably end up 7 on 7 anyways 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know it will never happen but every RB in the league should go on strike and don't report to camp. If they don't think that position is important then try playing without one. Eventually Football will probably end up 7 on 7 anyways 

Hard to argue with that the way things stand up so far. I mean look at the Chiefs....they cycle in guys like crazy.

It's tough. Some of us were raised on RB's.....but now they almost just eat up salary cap space. Colts will have a tough call with JT. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Hard to argue with that the way things stand up so far. I mean look at the Chiefs....they cycle in guys like crazy.

It's tough. Some of us were raised on RB's.....but now they almost just eat up salary cap space. Colts will have a tough call with JT. 

Anyone who thinks the Colts should let Taylor go is an idiot. He is your best player and your only playmaker. He is the only one who can take a 5 yard gain I to a 80 yard TD.  You can't rely on going 75 yards on 13 plays every possession. He is only 23 years old and has at least 4 more good years in front of him.  I think he is terrible seeing a 3rd receiver making more than the top RB's in tbe game. I would offer Taylor 3/39 or 4/52

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Anyone who thinks the Colts should let Taylor go is an idiot. He is your best player and your only playmaker. He is the only one who can take a 5 yard gain I to a 80 yard TD.  You can't rely on going 75 yards on 13 plays every possession. He is only 23 years old and has at least 4 more good years in front of him.  I think he is terrible seeing a 3rd receiver making more than the top RB's in tbe game. I would offer Taylor 3/39 or 4/52

No argument from me on that...just looking at the trends that have been in place for years. It might be viewed as a preemptive move or maybe a move on the cheap but if the Colts love JT (which they should) I'd approach him with a cap friendly deal this year.

He can always decline but RB's are bent over right now and they know it. 

• Like 1