Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

So if IU is 7-1 and let’s say UM backs out from OSU and OSU is 5-0. Who is the declared the East champion then? Will it be IU since they get sent to the championship or will it be OSU who gets the divisional title, but can’t go since they will be Ineligible? 

Under the current rules announced at the beginning of the season IU goes to the championship.

However, there is a clause written in invisible ink that says:  "No matter what happens OSU plays in the championship game."

This is like when there is a close call at the end of a game against one of the historical powers of the East. You know that the ruling will go against IU.

Honestly, I don't want to go on a technicality. They beat us, they should represent the East in the Big Ten Championship game. Much as I hate to say it.

I think O$U should probably go since they beat IU head to head....BUT the Big Ten put themselves in this situation by scheduling the way they did and not leaving an open date at the end to make up a game if need be. They also made the rules about playing 6 games...so either way they decide to go, they are going to look foolish.

Honestly... they want to change the rules this late in the game, that's fine... but it should be Indiana playing Ohio State then. If we are going to change the rules, then lets get it "right". That would be what's right. 

We beat MSU black and blue and didn't even play well. NW was beaten by them. We go... Northwestern can play Minny (they didn't get a chance to). 

UW vs. Maryland (assuming UW wins this weekend)

Iowa vs. Michigan (assuming Iowa loses this weekend)

Purdue vs. MSU

Neb vs. Rutgers

ILL vs. Penn St 

yayyyyy

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

From our standpoint, I understand the sentiment. The conference is comprised of 14 schools however and how would this be fair to Northwestern?

Wouldn't... wouldn't be fair to us either. Rules are rules. You break them, at least break them to make it "right". 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Wouldn't... wouldn't be fair to us either. Rules are rules. You break them, at least break them to make it "right". 

But we lost to OSU, so what claim do we have to be in the conference championship game? The two division winners should be in. If OSU did not play enough games, that is Kevin Warren's issue. 

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There is no way that IU should advance to the championship game over OSU. Head to head has to matter. 

Not OSU's fault that the conference screwed things up.

I agree OSU should go but don't change the rules every school agreed to just because you don't like the out come.

Archived