Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's where I'm at on this. Big 10 sold their soul to make sure Ohio St got in. With that said the rule they put in place in September was dumb to begin with so what's worse a dumb rule or enforcing a dumb rule.....add to the fact that Ohio St beat us fair and square I have no problem with them getting in. 

The real fireworks will begin when (big IF) ND plays Clemson close and Ohio St gets into CFP over Notre Dame. Jack is already chiming in on that. Fun times ahead.

I never want to hear the Big 10 ever play some moral superiority card ever again. Absolute shame what they did this week. Kevin Warren has been a clown since day 1 and this further cements what I think of him. 

IU deserves about 4-5 favors in coming years to repay this mess. Hopefully Dolson has the stones to remind the Big10 that they got out of the way for the greater good. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's where I'm at on this. Big 10 sold their soul to make sure Ohio St got in. With that said the rule they put in place in September was dumb to begin with so what's worse a dumb rule or enforcing a dumb rule.....add to the fact that Ohio St beat us fair and square I have no problem with them getting in. 

The real fireworks will begin when (big IF) ND plays Clemson close and Ohio St gets into CFP over Notre Dame. Jack is already chiming in on that. Fun times ahead.

I never want to hear the Big 10 ever play some moral superiority card ever again. Absolute shame what they did this week. Kevin Warren has been a clown since day 1 and this further cements what I think of him. 

IU deserves about 4-5 favors in coming years to repay this mess. Hopefully Dolson has the stones to remind the Big10 that they got out of the way for the greater good. 

Big Ten was a leader and trend setter and in one year became a follower....sad.  Go back to the legends and leaders divisions to remind the decision makers what this proud conference is about.  

17 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I hope no one even thinks about "cheering for the Big Ten" in this year's CFP. I don't want the Big Ten to feel like they made a good choice. 

College is sometimes about finding what real life is all about. Fair or unfair. Our players are definitely learning a life lesson. Don't leave things up to the powers at be. I remember when Jimmy Johnson had a title stolen from him at Notre Dame because of bad Cleveland Gary call. First thing he said to his players when you go to Notre Dame don't allow the officials to decide the game.

In this case IU players need to realize they were 7 points shy of getting their title shot. I don't like how this played out one bit but again life lessons. Beat them on the field and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

College is sometimes about finding what real life is all about. Fair or unfair. Our players are definitely learning a life lesson. Don't leave things up to the powers at be. I remember when Jimmy Johnson had a title stolen from him at Notre Dame because of bad Cleveland Gary call. First thing he said to his players when you go to Notre Dame don't allow the officials to decide the game.

In this case IU players need to realize they were 7 points shy of getting their title shot. I don't like how this played out one bit but again life lessons. Beat them on the field and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yes

Five wins is too small of a sample size.  In our sixth game, our QB—who put up 500 yards against OSU’s flagging secondary—went out for the year.  Football is a game of attrition.  OSU didn’t play enough games to be properly tested.  

There’s a reason the rule was instituted to begin with.  

There is no precedent for changing a rule to benefit a team.  IU had the proper sample size, OSU did not.  Let’s see OSU win on the road against a top 20 team without their QB.  

One way to handle this is to kick their asses to Timbuktu next year.  To quote AJ Moye, they aren’t the university of Jesus Christ.  They will lose a ton of experience and I expect the overwhelming majority of our team back.  Circle it, and play the most physical game IU has ever played. Play through the whistle on every play.  

Beat OSU and we will be on our way to ending the asinine Leaders and Legends nonsense.  The other teams in the East are not equipped to deal with a surging IU football program.  The difference between the two divisions is way beyond laughable.  It’s truly like Varsity vs JV.  

OSU will kill NU in what might be Fitzgerald’s last game before the Bears throw everything at him to get him to Halas Hall.  In any event, that’s not a game.  

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Five wins is too small of a sample size.  In our sixth game, our QB—who put up 500 yards against OSU’s flagging secondary—went out for the year.  Football is a game of attrition.  OSU didn’t play enough games to be properly tested.  

There’s a reason the rule was instituted to begin with.  

There is no precedent for changing a rule to benefit a team.  IU had the proper sample size, OSU did not.  Let’s see OSU win on the road against a top 20 team without their QB.  

One way to handle this is to kick their asses to Timbuktu next year.  To quote AJ Moye, they aren’t the university of Jesus Christ.  They will lose a ton of experience and I expect the overwhelming majority of our team back.  Circle it, and play the most physical game IU has ever played. Play through the whistle on every play.  

Beat OSU and we will be on our way to ending the asinine Leaders and Legends nonsense.  The other teams in the East are not equipped to deal with a surging IU football program.  The difference between the two divisions is way beyond laughable.  It’s truly like Varsity vs JV.  

OSU will kill NU in what might be Fitzgerald’s last game before the Bears throw everything at him to get him to Halas Hall.  In any event, that’s not a game.  

Bet the farm the best transfer QB goes to OSU this off season. Doesn't scare me, just forecasting. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Bet the farm the best transfer QB goes to OSU this off season. Doesn't scare me, just forecasting. 

I thought of that.  I think we still have the potential to handle them.  They lose their qb, rb, and Olave at receiver.  Ryan Day has been running with what Urban’s infrastructure left them.  He is trying to keep it going on autopilot but he ain’t Urban.  I hope we get them early.  First or second game.  Bloody their mouths.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I thought of that.  I think we still have the potential to handle them.  They lose their qb, rb, and Olave at receiver.  Ryan Day has been running with what Urban’s infrastructure left them.  He is trying to keep it going on autopilot but he ain’t Urban.  I hope we get them early.  First or second game.  Bloody their mouths.  

Oh I agree. They don't scare me. Just saying.. they'll bring someone in. https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

Thats our schedule 

8 minutes ago, IU247 said:

“@ZachOsterman: On the subject of how IU voted in today’s Big Ten decision, from a department spokesperson: 

“Do you really think we’d vote against our own team? If you know anything about how we roll, of course we’re going to back our own athletes and team.” #iufb”

https://twitter.com/ZachOsterman/status/1336814566999797761

This is exactly why Coach Knight hated the media. 

36 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

They have the top ranked senior in the country coming in, and recently got a commitment from the top overall player in '22. It will mark three straight years they got the #1 overall recruit. Urban may be gone, but their recruiting isn't, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

They have the top ranked senior in the country coming in, and recently got a commitment from the top overall player in '22. It will mark three straight years they got the #1 overall recruit. Urban may be gone, but their recruiting isn't, unfortunately. 

They will always recruit well, no doubt.  

Archived