Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Covid didn't really have much say in scheduling this week's games. I think even if we weren't having issues, they wouldn't have scheduled us against Iowa. We're the only 2 teams not in the championship game that can make a decent bowl (or maybe any bowl). No sense in having us play.

Then throw in our Covid issues, and it was a no brianer for the conference to schedule us against Purdue...and no brainers are what the conference does best.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am glad we will be playing Purdue because I think we have a lot better chance of beating them than Iowa.  If we lose another game then there is no shot at a NY6  bowl and how Iowa is playing it would been a very hard game.

I think it would be a good game with both teams at full strength. If played looking forward to Purdue, but it will be tough regardless. However some of the Twitter bs from Iowa fans saying the big ten is protecting Indiana may not be accurate. I think the big ten is looking out for themselves, not Indiana. I would rather play Iowa for sure, especially since their AD is a moron. As long as we play, I honestly don’t care who tho. But Iowa fans acting like IU is ducking them and asked the big ten to not place them against each other are delusional. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am glad we will be playing Purdue because I think we have a lot better chance of beating them than Iowa.  If we lose another game then there is no shot at a NY6  bowl and how Iowa is playing it would been a very hard game.

I'm too confident in this team. I just don't see us losing to anyone in the conference outside of Ohio State. I firmly believe our defense would dominate Iowa and a resounding win would force the CFP to consider us for the 4th spot if other chips in the scenario would fall in our favor. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Smh. Awful stance. Awful. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why would you think that? You have nothing to back that up..

Idgaf about Purdue. 

Good for you butj but I care about the rivalry.  Also our offense was pretty much shut down by UW and Iowa's defense is as good as theirs.  Also Iowa offense is better than UW and Iowa is playing ad well bad anyone in the conference right now.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Good for you butj but I care about the rivalry.  Also our offense was pretty much shut down by UW and Iowa's defense is as good as theirs.  Also Iowa offense is better than UW and Iowa is playing ad well bad anyone in the conference right now.

We got the lead and we didn't try to extend it. We basically told Wisconsin to go earn some points because we aren't giving you anything, and they couldn't. Also, we should have had 21 if Marshall catches that pass. We played pretty conservative (and it was exactly what we should have done).

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cool. Youre wrong, but cool. Scared of Iowa.. crazy. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

We're 2 TDs better than them. 

I agree. I thought we were going to expose them.

We've given up 1 touchdown to our last 3 teams not named OSU, and it was a garbage time touchdown.

I like how Iowa beats bad teams and everyone (not just Scott) is talking about how amazing they are. We beat bad teams and the narrative is that we haven't played anybody.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My reason to wanting to play Purdue is that is our rivalry game.  I would assume if you ask OSU who would they rather play Iowa or UM they would pick UM

Scott, you play who is most going to help your team. Beating Iowa moves the needle for IU. Beating PUke shuts Boiler up for maybe a minute.

CTA wants this program to compete at the highest level. Beating a bunch of putzes regardless if they are a rival, doesn’t do anything for our resume 

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Scott, you play who is most going to help your team. Beating Iowa moves the needle for IU. Beating PUke shuts Boiler up for maybe a minute.

CTA wants this program to compete at the highest level. Beating a bunch of putzes regardless if they are a rival, doesn’t do anything for our resume 

No remember.. Iowa has won a couple games in a row. Goodness they beat UW at home!!! We'd never beat them. 

7 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Lovie Smith fired from Illinois.

I may despise the Whinin Illini, but Lovie Smith is a good football coach and a really good man. I met him at the Bears camp at Olivet back in 2005 and again in 2006...one of the kindest people I've ever met.

Sorry coach...hope you find another gig if you want one...

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I may despise the Whinin Illini, but Lovie Smith is a good football coach and a really good man. I met him at the Bears camp at Olivet back in 2005 and again in 2006...one of the kindest people I've ever met.

Sorry coach...hope you find another gig if you want one...

I always liked him as the Bears head coach.  He was far better than anyone the Bears have had since.

I don't know what it was, but he was just bad at Illinois.  Taking out last season when they had a few miracle wins, he was 11-32 there in the other 4 seasons.

I do agree that he always seemed like a really good guy.  I wonder if he'll look at getting back in as a defensive coach somewhere, or if he'll shoot for another head coaching job.  

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

If Minnesota wins, I think we'll get 5. If Wisconsin wins, they've got a shot. I don't think Maryland will get an invite if they win. Not as much draw. Everyone else will finish under .500.

Record is irrelevant this year. 8-9 teams still going to go bowling.  

Archived