Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Iowa's best receiver just hurt himself doing a flip into the endzone. Instant karma strikes again.

He walked off, but he kind of had that, "I'm not going to admit I hurt myself being an idiot" look on his face.

Now he's off to the lockeroom. I usually don't say this, but what an idiot.

He wins the Gus Frerotte TD celebration award

20 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why are you even concerned about the CFP? The teams have been predetermined.

Regardless of who we play, if we win we’ll be in a NY 6 game 

The CFP does affect the NY 6 bowls, I would feel safer getting inside the Top Ten.

I feel like with Miami losing. One of Oklahoma or Iowa state has to lose to each other next week. Florida will lose to Bama or tonight. We beat Iowa we should be in the top 10. I don’t see a 3 loss NC jumping us. And costal Carolina got pushed by the mighty Troy Trojans to the last 30 seconds. We should be safe if we beat Iowa. 

24 minutes ago, rico said:

The CFP does affect the NY 6 bowls, I would feel safer getting inside the Top Ten.

Agreed about the top 10.  If we're top 10 and we're a lock.  A G5 team and a PAC 12 team from outside the top 10 could pass us, but that would be it.  We'd still be in the 12 teams in the CFP and NY6 games.  Things start getting a little dicey if we're 11th or 12th.

45 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Bucket game is back on! For now at least. 

Much rather us play Iowa than a bad Purdue team. A win against Iowa would almost guarantee us a New Year's 6 bowl game.

Edit: Plus it could pad our CFP resume and if ND happens to beat Clemson again, maybe give us a worthy case to be that 4th team in. (Wishful thinking)

Archived