Things that make you go hmmm...

Drroogh

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So I’m walking through the Engineering model shop where they build up the new designs and such, only to see this! Obviously a carpenter was not involved!

3046EEAF-EE44-40DD-82A2-44BF3A591509.jpeg

I have seen houses that look like that in Kentucky. Must be a mock up for a new model. Let us know what it looks like when they exterior done. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I have seen houses that look like that in Kentucky. Must be a mock up for a new model. Let us know what it looks like when they exterior done. 

Somewhere there is a framer setting in a corner, rocking back and forth, sucking his thumb repeating, I'm a very good driver and Kmart sucks.

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
oops, Kmart not Walmart
  • Haha 2

Okay so it turns out there was a legit reason for the oddity! Still some pretty crappy carpentry! We make commercial ice machines, our company logo has a penguin on it. This structure was supposed to be part of a parade float representing an iceberg! The penguin was to be on the float with it! 

Everybody said thank God the parade was canceled!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So I’m walking through the Engineering model shop where they build up the new designs and such, only to see this! Obviously a carpenter was not involved!

I think I've commented in the DIY thread about how impressive some of the projects are you guys take on. Glad you posted this. This looks exactly like something I would end up building. Glad I'm not alone!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, Drroogh said:

I think that I shall never see a tree house built...wait, where's the tree?

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Why is it whenever I have a strain or a sprain it has to be a high grade miserable experience.  A grade 1 would be nice every now and then, or better yet not at all. Strained an intercostal in my left rib for the 2nd time this year. RIP sleep for the next 2 weeks. Makes me go hmmmmm... #%@!

Sorry for your pain... but I thought that the inter coastal ran along Florida for quite a distance 😛

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Why do people stand side by side on escalators, or insist on just standing there, all the way down?

When I was in DC, if you sat your lazy ass in the middle of an escalator (the metro), you got the repeated “stand to the right” from everyone. I miss DC 

Yep...And they aren't polite about it...Made that trip from L'Enfant Plaza to Metro Center more times than I care to think about...Didn't mind mornings, as our meetings always started at 8 and it wasn't too crowded, but the afternoon was nuts...

• 2 years later...