Things that make you go hmmm...

Drroogh

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

How did authority know that these folk had a weapon? Was that mentioned and I missed it? Was this an informed search, or a blanket gestapo type search? Have there been any reparation activities? Have any of these victims exacted their own justice, upon their oppressors after the fact? I have serious questions.   

They were going door to door to find holdouts who didn't evacuate to force them out of their homes with orders to confiscate weapons. 

I believe they eventually got their property back. The concerning part is some of these guys followed orders they knew to be unlawful. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

?? Flynn's answer? Seemed to be fact based and informative. I didn't know that was what was going on, so it helped me.

What is considered political today seems to be subjective. I had no intention of doing so. Hurricane Katrina was a pretty big deal for a variety of reasons. I spent a weekend in New Orleans in 2006.  It was a sight to see for sure.  I'd never the video before and thought it was interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/us/nationalspecial/police-begin-seizing-guns-of-civilians.html

Edited by mrflynn03

On 8/29/2023 at 2:06 PM, IUFLA said:

You can't make this stuff up

"Chicago TV news crew robbed at gunpoint while reporting on armed robberies"

😂

On 8/29/2023 at 2:47 PM, Drroogh said:

So glad my sons family no longer lives in Cook County!

You might have heard about the shooting at the Sox game. Did you hear the shooter got the gun through security by hiding it in the folds of her stomach fat? The nachos caused the accidental discharge as they worked through her system?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/shooting-at-white-sox-game-happened-after-woman-hid-gun-in-belly-per-report/ar-AA1fX3W2

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Reacher said:

You might have heard about the shooting at the Sox game. Did you hear the shooter got the gun through security by hiding it in the folds of her stomach fat? The nachos caused the accidental discharge as they worked through her system?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/shooting-at-white-sox-game-happened-after-woman-hid-gun-in-belly-per-report/ar-AA1fX3W2

Jesus' christobol 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I had a summer job where I traveled teaching EPA method 9 classes.  Spent a month in Louisiana in Cajun country. Lots of paper mills and even went to the Tabasco factory.  Anyway, staying at a state park I fed an alligator leftover porkchops from a dock. It was a 6 footer. I'd dangle the pork chop and it would jump up to get it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I had a summer job where I traveled teaching EPA method 9 classes.  Spent a month in Louisiana in Cajun country. Lots of paper mills and even went to the Tabasco factory.  Anyway, staying at a state park I fed an alligator leftover porkchops from a dock. It was a 6 footer. I'd dangle the pork chop and it would jump up to get it. 

I sure hope you're kidding....if you're not....you're not a smart as you look !!!  lol

• Haha 1