Things that make you go hmmm...

Drroogh

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I had never actually heard of an airport that serviced commercial airlines and only had a UNICOM rather than a control tower...Link

Can't really blame that one on ATC...

Can’t imagine how much I accepted my fate being in the hands of others when I flew domestically in Russia! Well maybe when I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane with an instructor strapped to my back.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

They cancelled school here tomorrow, because it's supposed to be "windy" (25-40 mph) and ½"-1" rain.

Before you know it they'll cancel school because the sun is coming up....

No wonder kids are weak...as well as the parents.

Oh...and them temp? 70°

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

They cancelled school here tomorrow, because it's supposed to be "windy" (25-40 mph) and ½"-1" rain.

Before you know it they'll cancel school because the sun is coming up....

No wonder kids are weak...as well as the parents.

Are you in NE Maryland by chance?  They just cancelled it in my neck of the woods too. Crazy. 

I saw a guy throw a Taco Bell sack in a microwave that had his change, coins and paper money, in it and that was pretty spectacular...

The smell of scorched burrito is kinda unpleasant too

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 9:13 AM, Reacher said:

Not sure where to put this... Hadn't heard about this before-

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/01/indianapolis-airport-basketball-court-pacers-nba-all-star

I flew out of IND Monday and my sis in law said that I would see the full court..... I had not idea and there was no court at all. Cool idea to pump the pacers, but I found nothing!

42 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

A house around Dubois exploded yesterday. They say it was a propane tank that caused it. Could be heard 20 miles away. I'm only about 10 miles away but live not far from Crane Naval base so I hear bombs all the time. I dismissed it yesterday.  

Not witnessed a propane tank explosion but have heard and felt two tanker truck explosions on the interstate. And speaking of tanks when the conditions were right I could hear the Abrams firing on Ft Benning 40 miles away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Not witnessed a propane tank explosion but have heard and felt two tanker truck explosions on the interstate. And speaking of tanks when the conditions were right I could hear the Abrams firing on Ft Benning 40 miles away.

Used to go with my grandpa to Fort Knox for surplus auctions back when they still had the Armour School. Got to see some tank exercises.  Pretty cool. I believe they moved the Armour school to Benning around 2010. 

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Used to go with my grandpa to Fort Knox for surplus auctions back when they still had the Armour School. Got to see some tank exercises.  Pretty cool. I believe they moved the Armour school to Benning around 2010. 

Yep Ft Knox Armor is now in GA. Remember went out to Cactus Rd artillery range and on my way back they had a full blown exercise going on! Bradly’s going by at speed, Apache helicopters flying overhead and up in front were 3 Abrams waiting to get in the mix! I was so busy watching everything that I nearly ran over the razor wire strung out over the road!😬

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...