Things that make you go hmmm...

Drroogh

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I had a summer job where I traveled teaching EPA method 9 classes.  Spent a month in Louisiana in Cajun country. Lots of paper mills and even went to the Tabasco factory.  Anyway, staying at a state park I fed an alligator leftover porkchops from a dock. It was a 6 footer. I'd dangle the pork chop and it would jump up to get it. 

2 hours ago, DWB said:

I sure hope you're kidding....

Recent photo of @mrflynn03

Captain Hook (Once Upon a Time) | Peter Pan Wiki | Fandom

• Haha 4

this is a tough time for sure. Please realize this is not the place to start deeper discussions on these topics. It just won't go well.

I think all of us have strong reactions to recent events. We all have world views. 

This just isn't the place to go.down that road. 

I appreciate all of us protecting this little corner of the internet. Lets not go down that delicate road please.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Probably taking a break from all their hard work on the landscaping....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the tradition that anyone else followed, but growing up, we always did the tree on Thanksgiving night, and me and Dad would put the house lights up over that weekend...My wife's family did the same thing...

Now that it's just me and my wife, we still do the tree and some minor outdoor decorating, but we follow the same timeline...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I wasn't sure where to stick this so I'll throw it in here. One of my neighbors put their Christmas tree up inside last night. 

Me thinks 11/2 is just a tad early. 

I love living in a small studio apartment! No maintenance or cleaning to speak of. Thing is there’s no storage space, so my little tree stays up all year round. I just don’t turn the lights on until after Thanksgiving.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure if this is the tradition that anyone else followed, but growing up, we always did the tree on Thanksgiving night, and me and Dad would put the house lights up over that weekend...My wife's family did the same thing...

Now that it's just me and my wife, we still do the tree and some minor outdoor decorating, but we follow the same timeline...

Growing up we were always a day or two after Thanksgiving but now we do Thanksgiving night as well. Something fun about football on, belly full, slightly intoxicated and putting all the decorations up. 

• Like 2

I'm going to put two things in one post. 

As far as Christmas, it was always day after Thanksgiving.  I heard Christmas music at the grocery yesterday. Smh. Last year I worked a part time job at Kohls from July to right before black Friday. I quit because eff that.

Anyway, season creep had already been happening but the pandemic, supply chain issues, and a JIT logistics system meant we had no storage space. So trucks were showing up with holiday stuff in September because all the shizz comes from Asia and they placed their Christmas orders in April. So I'm putting out Christmas stuff in October. Also, retail stores don't like empty space because they sell less product.  

The next will be shorter.

The shape of Texas looks like a right hand putting up the #1 gesture. 

• Haha 1