Things that make you go hmmm...

Drroogh

Breaking news.

Am-Bev (Budweiser) has just sold Bud Light to a craft brewery that created the brew, sold it TO Am-Bev, and is now buying it back.

Am-Bev has reported lost $27 BILLION in revenue from the Mulvaney fiasco, and sales are not rebounding a bit.

:snack:

50 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

more worried about pharma ads personally

I participate in dry eye studies and have for about six years. I have learned through this experience to take anything a drug maker says with a huge grain of salt. I'm in the final phase of trials right before the company seeks approval. The studies I have been in are designed so that the drug gets approved. They control the criteria so that it looks promising. Not exactly a fair trial. And the amount of advertising money that flows into news organizations discourages and negative reporting about pharmacy activities.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, HoosierFaithful said:

more worried about pharma ads personally

It's also a problem too. Like the diabetes 2 pill ad with a fat girl dancing around trying to sell it. 

Diabetes 2 has a simple solution for most people. Eat less, sit on ass less. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Black bear frolicking on Destin Beach 

I'll be in Destin Saturday thru Tuesday...as long as he don't try to grab my fish sandwich, drink my beer, or Bogart my beach chair, we cool 😎

Enjoy your time there! One of the more underrated areas of Florida. Destin, SGI....all along that area is just gorgeous. 

I think people sometimes forget besides gators, snakes,etc.....that Florida has quite a few Bears and Panthers...haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Enjoy your time there! One of the more underrated areas of Florida. Destin, SGI....all along that area is just gorgeous. 

I think people sometimes forget besides gators, snakes,etc.....that Florida has quite a few Bears and Panthers...haha.

We lived down there for almost 12 years, and I never saw a bear or a panther that wasn't in a cage...

I did encounter the alligator that use to hang out on the Hurlburt Field golf course 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We lived down there for almost 12 years, and I never saw a bear or a panther that wasn't in a cage...

I did encounter the alligator that use to hang out on the Hurlburt Field golf course 🙂

Heck I saw one of those Florida Panthers driving around Ft Benning GA at night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just going to say this on OceanGate. You spend your entire life (minus the kid) becoming a billionaire which means you've vetted companies, people....assessed risk/exposure to every single aspect of your life and by all accounts they got into a machine that was essential a garbage dumpster?

Very sad story but so many questions. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm just going to say this on OceanGate. You spend your entire life (minus the kid) becoming a billionaire which means you've vetted companies, people....assessed risk/exposure to every single aspect of your life and by all accounts they got into a machine that was essential a garbage dumpster?

Very sad story but so many questions. 

Equal parts of stupidity, arrogance, entitlement, hubris, pride etc, etc, etc....and the belief that wealth mattered.  JMHO.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I don’t get the titanic worship personally. Even ignoring the risk, I couldn’t imagine going. 

I think any time you mix the surreal with the macabre there's a fascination... When I went to Dallas for the first time, I had to visit the museum on the 6th floor of the Dallas School Book Depository...10 years ago if I'd had the means to visit the skeleton of the "unsinkable" Titanic, I probably would have... 

Then I did aircraft crash investigations for a year where you had to visit the site as soon as possible after the crash...

Reality can take the fascination part out very quickly... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think any time you mix the surreal with the macabre there's a fascination... When I went to Dallas for the first time, I had to visit the museum on the 6th floor of the Dallas School Book Depository...10 years ago if I'd had the means to visit the skeleton of the "unsinkable" Titanic, I probably would have... 

Then I did aircraft crash investigations for a year where you had to visit the site as soon as possible after the crash...

Reality can take the fascination part out very quickly... 

If you have time you should read The Third Bullet by Stephen Hunter. I just finished. Its a Bob Lee Swagger novel. It's an alternate JFK assassination theory. And it's actually well thought out and plausible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Spending quality time at the cabin in Northern Wisconsin. Looking at online menus it seems most pub menus around are pretty much the same. One popular item is a peanut butter bacon burger?!?! Don’t think I’ll be eating that!

It’s Friday. How can it not be fish fry? Wash it down with a Point beer 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Spending quality time at the cabin in Northern Wisconsin. Looking at online menus it seems most pub menus around are pretty much the same. One popular item is a peanut butter bacon burger?!?! Don’t think I’ll be eating that!

It is surprisingly good. Especially with jalapeños. 

• Like 1