Things that make you go hmmm...

Drroogh

On 11/3/2023 at 10:56 AM, Drroogh said:

I love living in a small studio apartment! No maintenance or cleaning to speak of. Thing is there’s no storage space, so my little tree stays up all year round. I just don’t turn the lights on until after Thanksgiving.😂

On 11/4/2023 at 7:23 PM, mrflynn03 said:

I'm going to put two things in one post. 

As far as Christmas, it was always day after Thanksgiving.  I heard Christmas music at the grocery yesterday. Smh. Last year I worked a part time job at Kohls from July to right before black Friday. I quit because eff that.

Anyway, season creep had already been happening but the pandemic, supply chain issues, and a JIT logistics system meant we had no storage space. So trucks were showing up with holiday stuff in September because all the shizz comes from Asia and they placed their Christmas orders in April. So I'm putting out Christmas stuff in October. Also, retail stores don't like empty space because they sell less product.  

The next will be shorter.

The shape of Texas looks like a right hand putting up the #1 gesture. 

Here you go,  Some holiday cheer from Lady Gaga.  But, I have to warn you.  She ain't singing about that thing in your living room with ornaments on it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It makes me mad that anyone with that kind of responsibility would resort to drinking or drugs while doing the job...

I knew/know plenty of drinkers that were/are controllers... The vast majority are responsible about it...

But it's way too important to jeopardize people like that... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Explain how this isn't automated by now?  I don't get it.  I'm admittedly not very smart but consider myself to have at least slightly above average common sense.  

That's really one of the issues with the controller shortage...They (the FAA execs) thought it would be by now...

Once we get CPDLC implemented and ADS-B fully rolled out, it will take a large chunk of the responsibility for moving and separation of aircraft, but we're not quite there yet. 

The idea is to get Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) and Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS) working the way they want to. Once that happens, from takeoff to landing all of the aircraft's movement will be dictated by the computer through routing and speed control. Sent straight from ERAM (Enroute Computer System) or STARs (Terminal Computer System) straight to the aircrafts avionics....

It's a great concept, just hard to do with all of the obstacles facing it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1