Things that make you go hmmm...

Drroogh

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I know over in the baseball thread, roboumps are gaining steam, but what about robot servers at restaurants?

In most sit down restaurants, the service is fair to good still... But most of my recent fast food experience has left a LOT to be desired...

Apparently the restaurant in the cited article says it's a split on people's attitudes on "Plato."

I say bring on the automation... 

This small tourist town where the family cabin is has help wanted signs everywhere and many of those that are working are 😳! Went to a New Mexican restaurant today and there was one girl working the door, the tables, the bar and the cash register!? Bring Plato on! If people don’t want to work don’t complain about those that are!! 
By the way I recommend the new restaurant!

• Like 1

Please don’t turn this political! But saw this and felt compelled to share it with my friends, especially since the cabin is just a few miles from an Ojibwa reservation and see and talk with them often!

"Before our white brothers arrived to make us civilized men,
we didn't have any kind of prison. Because of this, we had no delinquents.
Without a prison, there can be no delinquents.
We had no locks nor keys and therefore among us there were no thieves.
When someone was so poor that he couldn't afford a horse, a tent or a blanket,
he would, in that case, receive it all as a gift.
We were too uncivilized to give great importance to private property.
We didn't know any kind of money and consequently, the value of a human being
was not determined by his wealth.
We had no written laws laid down, no lawyers, no politicians,
therefore we were not able to cheat and swindle one another.
We were really in bad shape before the white men arrived and I don't know
how to explain how we were able to manage without these fundamental things
that (so they tell us) are so necessary for a civilized society."
- John (Fire) Lame Deer, Sioux Lakota - 1903-1976

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to wonder if the Transportation Director for Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville will still have a job at the end of the week.  This is ridiculous, and someone needs to be held accountable.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/education/jcps-cancels-school-thursday-and-friday-because-of-major-transportation-issues/article_4dbe0f4a-375f-11ee-92c0-a3cfac481f26.html

image.png.1cd5d33c192fb0e52505b0a2c7f87db4.png

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have to wonder if the Transportation Director for Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville will still have a job at the end of the week.  This is ridiculous, and someone needs to be held accountable.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/education/jcps-cancels-school-thursday-and-friday-because-of-major-transportation-issues/article_4dbe0f4a-375f-11ee-92c0-a3cfac481f26.html

Wow... I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if my kid was stuck on a bus for that long... 

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I bet they’re looking for some new bus drivers too!

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Who needs buses when you got 2 legs, unless you don't or they're broke. Kids are so weak nowadays 😉.

Surely you didn’t have to walk up hill both ways to school barefoot,  in a foot of snow kind of guy are ya…🤣

• Haha 1

I went to the local Log Cabin store, got into a conversation. We talked about the here and now and the military history we’ve had! Particularly VN, this just after my cousin was telling me of his time on aircraft carriers in the gulf of Tonkin. Read about the gulf of Tonkin incident!

Anyway, she got to her father serving in Germany. A story I never heard?! Seems he was one of the troops liberating the concentration camps! Talked of them taking 1200 German troops from the camps and lining them up to machine gun them down!?!?!

• Like 1

Chicago politely asks criminals to shoot each other only at night, between 9pm and 9am.

One of the comments is:  "New law:  no drive-bys unless in electric vehicles."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12423213/Chicago-Alderman-backs-plea-Windy-Citys-criminals-shoot-guns-hours-9pm-9am-minimize-risk-innocent-people-shot.html#reader-comments

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Chicago politely asks criminals to shoot each other only at night, between 9pm and 9am.

One of the comments is:  "New law:  no drive-bys unless in electric vehicles."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12423213/Chicago-Alderman-backs-plea-Windy-Citys-criminals-shoot-guns-hours-9pm-9am-minimize-risk-innocent-people-shot.html#reader-comments

Thank the Lord my son got his family out of Cook County!!!!!

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Look who's experimenting with marijuana today more than any other age group 

Excuse me? "Experimenting?"

We were the pioneers! 🙂

Seriously, I grew up in the 70s, and I could count the friends and acquaintances I knew who didn't toke up on one hand... 

The famous words “I didn’t inhale!” What a f…… lier that as….. and his wife are!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 12:07 AM, mrflynn03 said:

It can't happen here can it?  Some video from the hurricane Katrina aftermath

How did authority know that these folk had a weapon? Was that mentioned and I missed it? Was this an informed search, or a blanket gestapo type search? Have there been any reparation activities? Have any of these victims exacted their own justice, upon their oppressors after the fact? I have serious questions.   

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier