KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

6 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I tried the Italian chicken sandwich Burger King has been advertising recently. It's awful. Just a breaded chicken breast on a plain bun, with marinara and some mozzarella cheese slices. No embellishment whatsoever. You could make a whole bunch of your own with a quick trip to the grocery store.

Had one at KFC the other day that was awful. Didn't like Wendys new one, either. 

KFC one was a diallo or something? idk. Turrrrrible. 

28 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Used a kiosk at McDonald's for the first time just now. It was great. I could take my time to order and not have some Neanderthal breathing down my neck. 

My wife and I went to McDonald's for the first time in over a year Saturday for lunch... The New Caney Neanderthals just looked at the kiosks like monkeys looking at a bright red ball, then beeyotched at the order takers over the language barrier...

A guy actually stopped by our table and showed us this...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tiphero.com/ketchup-cup-tip/amp/ 

At first I thought he had some gripe about the way I dispensed my ketchup, but I think he was only trying to be nice by explaining the subtleties of fast food decorum...

When I said, "thanks! That's very cool!" He seemed very pleased with himself 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My wife and I went to McDonald's for the first time in over a year Saturday for lunch... The New Caney Neanderthals just looked at the kiosks like monkeys looking at a bright red ball, then beeyotched at the order takers over the language barrier...

A guy actually stopped by our table and showed us this...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tiphero.com/ketchup-cup-tip/amp/ 

At first I thought he had some gripe about the way I dispensed my ketchup, but I think he was only trying to be nice by explaining the subtleties of fast food decorum...

When I said, "thanks! That's very cool!" He seemed very pleased with himself 🙂

I rarely get fast food but my breakfast making was interrupted and I do like double quarter pounder with cheese on occasion.  

Never knew that about the cups. Back when people were allowed to share their cigarette smoke I would use the disposable ash trays for my ketchup. 

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I rarely get fast food but my breakfast making was interrupted and I do like double quarter pounder with cheese on occasion.  

Never knew that about the cups. Back when people were allowed to share their cigarette smoke I would use the disposable ash trays for my ketchup. 

I’ll use cup lids when they are available. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Back in the day when I was in the USAF, we had a guy on crew that would stick a whole bunch of French fries in his mouth then suck a ketchup packet dry...

Disgusting...

BUT, not the most disgusting thing I saw in culinary habits while I was in the service. We had 2 guys who used to fart on each other's food. One guy farted into a bowl of soup so hard it actually rippled...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Saw WingStop has thrown their hat into the chicken sandwich ring... A bevy of choices too...

Screenshot_20221217-090738.thumb.png.2d3fedfda95ce9a33d7038e1220760ad.png

Sorry. I should have reported on this. These sammies are less than $6... maybe a little small... 

But they're solid. 8 rating for sure. 

Garlic parm, Louisiana Rub, and Spicy Korean are all good. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Hey, @Seeking6...

Just ate at Torchy's Tacos...

PXL_20230217_215014356.thumb.jpg.bcac7266b04976d01ba83ff0e030bfa0.jpg

Noticed that there is one in Fishers... Your buddy? 

Any good? Looks awesome to me. Hard to mess up any Mexican. I've eaten at the one in Fishers a few times and I like it for sure. He ended up buying into some franchises in your neck of the world. More of a silent partner. Sold off 4 Jimmy John franchises to get into Torchy's. Margins are better but who knows anymore with food costs, staffing,etc.... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Any good? Looks awesome to me. Hard to mess up any Mexican. I've eaten at the one in Fishers a few times and I like it for sure. He ended up buying into some franchises in your neck of the world. More of a silent partner. Sold off 4 Jimmy John franchises to get into Torchy's. Margins are better but who knows anymore with food costs, staffing,etc.... 

Trailer Park, Hillbilly style... It was awesome as always...

They have one right now called "The Scallywag."

COCONUT AND CAPTAIN CRUNCH COATED SHRIMP, BACON, GREEN CHILES, JACK CHEESE, PICKLED ONIONS, PEACH HABANERO JAM, AND CILANTRO GARNISH 

• Like 2