KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

13 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Not a fan of Pimento. I actually never get cheese on burgers or chicken sandwiches. Started a long time ago trying to cut some cholesterol and now I'm just used to it.  I save my cheese allocations for pizza 🍕

Sorry got to go with @btownqbon this. Living in GA for twenty years pimento cheese is a household staple. Some of the best burgers I’ve ever had contained pimento cheese!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Sorry got to go with @btownqbon this. Living in GA for twenty years pimento cheese is a household staple. Some of the best burgers I’ve ever had contained pimento cheese!

Pimento cheese is one of those things I only eat about twice a year and I always ask myself why do I not move this into the operation more often? Love me some Pimento. In a few Saturday's I'll eat enough Pimento to last a year I guess.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Anyone ever have Raising Canes?  One just opened yesterday near me. Think we’ll be giving it a shot in the next week. 

Tried it a few times when it opened in IL. What I liked was their chicken was served very hot. Good quality chicken tender. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

I rarely go to KFC anymore but I went there recently to check out their new chicken nuggets. Ordered 8 of them and man, talk about disappointment. They were freaking tiny, like 8 pieces of popcorn chicken! I was not amused.

KFC buffet or I'm not going! 

Had Raising Canes today. Waited about 30-40 minutes. The lines were crazy. First one in the Delaware area. 

For the uninitiated, like we were, there are three options. Chicken tenders, chicken tenders, and chicken tenders. Or a chicken tender sandwich. The combos each come with crinkle cut fries and Texas toast. There was a slaw option but we’re not a cole slaw family.

Family thoughts. Chicken was ‘fine’. Just ok. Nothing extraordinary or special. Better than fast food places, which is to be expected.  The sauce was underwhelming honestly. I expected a better flavor but it was rather bland. Some kind of ranch based concoction. The fries were fries. Crinkle cut variety, nothing special. The Texas toast however was delicious. I could have gone for a 2nd/3rd helping. 

Final thoughts. It felt like a poor man’s Chick-Fil-A. It was decent but I would prefer CFA over RCs.  They need to offer more sauce flavors or at the very least include a spicy variety. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Was getting my steps in the hood and walked by the South Bend chocolate place and was like ok.....cool. Haha.

I’m jealous! If I try and get steps in here at the cabin the first thing I have to fight is a few thousand mosquitoes and then right up from our parking lot is about an 60’ hill climb!!! I intentionally go to Walmart so I can just walk up and down the isle!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

New Chick-fil-A Honey Pimento Chicken Sandwich  

Screenshot_20230816-190313.thumb.png.c890cae2f38a22e074c72aabaad82ac1.png

original Chick-fil-A filet, topped with custom-made creamy pimento cheese, mild pickled jalapeños and served on a warm, toasted bun drizzled with sweet honey

I'm in! 

They trialed that a couple years ago in the Carolinas I believe. I liked the idea enough I made my own copycat! image.thumb.png.b9c912c5a2268b9bcbbaa1a16604faf6.pngDefinitely a keeper! To bad it seems it’s still just going to be a limited time offer?

• Like 2