KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

Flynn, the west side of Evansville is Illinois. 

Now St Joes ave is not Illinois. Definitely west of 41 but not even really that out of the way considering how Evansville has grown. I mean what do you call Mt Vernon…much less USI lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Now St Joes ave is not Illinois. Definitely west of 41 but not even really that out of the way considering how Evansville has grown. I mean what do you call Mt Vernon…much less USI lol.

I used to hunt and fish Hovey Lake when I was down there. Lot of real estate between Evansville and the border. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Never been west of Reitz, in Indiana. I will say.. I find Evansville to be a pretty uniquely built city. Cool features. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I used to hunt and fish Hovey Lake when I was down there. Lot of real estate between Evansville and the border. 

I had a friend in college who wrestled from Mt Vernon. So been there a few times…also had a roommate in college from Austin. Think he might be the Principal there at Austin High School now. So I would run West to East all across Southern Indiana when I went to school down there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I had a friend in college who wrestled from Mt Vernon. So been there a few times…also had a roommate in college from Austin. Think he might be the Principal there at Austin High School now. So I would run West to East all across Southern Indiana when I went to school down there.

Had a friend while there that was from Greensburg so I did that trek a few times. 

• Like 1

Today is national sandwich day, My son said Popeyes had a buy one get one free deal today. I went there for lunch but didn't get the freebie. Found out you have to order through their app or online a combo meal to get a second sandwich free. If someone wants a dinner deal, not too late to head to Popeyes.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Today is national sandwich day, My son said Popeyes had a buy one get one free deal today. I went there for lunch but didn't get the freebie. Found out you have to order through their app or online a combo meal to get a second sandwich free. If someone wants a dinner deal, not too late to head to Popeyes.

Of course, they want to have you locked in they’re network! Then they can bombshell you with unending emails, text messages! Welcome to the new corporate experience of trying to get as much from you as they  possible can!!

• Like 1

Raising Cane's in the news up in Hobart. I can't even imagine what the property owners were thinking other than probably trying to make $ in the post covid commercial property world we've created. 

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/raising-canes-chicken-fingers-sues-indiana-shopping-center-after-being-told-it-cant-sell-chicken-fingers/

I had them in Bloomington. It's good for sure but I never understand what all the fuss is about. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Raising Cane's in the news up in Hobart. I can't even imagine what the property owners were thinking other than probably trying to make $ in the post covid commercial property world we've created. 

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/raising-canes-chicken-fingers-sues-indiana-shopping-center-after-being-told-it-cant-sell-chicken-fingers/

I had them in Bloomington. It's good for sure but I never understand what all the fuss is about. 

Still a fair amount of places I would take Raising Canes over, though. Damn there are a lot of these places lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No fast food chicken for us. We have a local dive, that has the best fried chicken I've had since Mom made it for Sunday dinner as a kid. Probably eat there at least once every 10 days, or bring it home. Called "Li'l Howies".

Each chicken strip (or tender if you prefer) are the size of a half chicken breast, lightly breaded, and served hot as can be. Can't pick them up they're so hot coming out of the kitchen. And they are great.

Regular chicken pieces are also large compared to fast food guys.

And my dive is cheaper than the fast food places !!

Edited by DWB
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I make chicken strips in the air fryer at home. Dredge in tapioca flour, egg wash, then panko bread crumbs. I put Louisiana hot sauce in the egg wash. Season panko with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne.  

Oh man. I never considered adding hot sauce to the eggs. I do something similar. I’ll toss some Franks in next time. Great idea!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I make chicken strips in the air fryer at home. Dredge in tapioca flour, egg wash, then panko bread crumbs. I put Louisiana hot sauce in the egg wash. Season panko with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne.  

Sounds like way too much work !! I dial 10 numbers on the phone...lol

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, Drroogh said:

You’ve got it  wrong bi-arch, you have to find your soul!!  Soul food chicken seasons the chicken before egg wash!

The good Ole double drege in seasoned flour. My air fryer method is to make it healthier so I can eat it more. 

When I don't care it's seasoned flour, buttermilk and hot sauce, more seasoned flour then deep fried in oil.