KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 8:04 PM, IUFLA said:

New Chick-fil-A Honey Pimento Chicken Sandwich  

Screenshot_20230816-190313.thumb.png.c890cae2f38a22e074c72aabaad82ac1.png

original Chick-fil-A filet, topped with custom-made creamy pimento cheese, mild pickled jalapeños and served on a warm, toasted bun drizzled with sweet honey

I'm in! 

Went WAY out of my way to find the only Chick-fil-a in Michigan north of Lansing so I could partake! Have to say the sandwich blows the competition away and yet I was disappointed! It may have just been the yankee who assembled the sandwich and doesn’t appreciate southern pimento cheese?! The sandwich needed a bit more cheese and a lot less honey! I had to go to the restroom and wash my hands because of all the honey that dripped out! Still, I’m glad I made the journey, hope you do as well!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Went WAY out of my way to find the only Chick-fil-a in Michigan north of Lansing so I could partake! Have to say the sandwich blows the competition away and yet I was disappointed! It may have just been the yankee who assembled the sandwich and doesn’t appreciate southern pimento cheese?! The sandwich needed a bit more cheese and a lot less honey! I had to go to the restroom and wash my hands because of all the honey that dripped out! Still, I’m glad I made the journey, hope you do as well!

I'm pumped for this sammy. 

My mom makes some bomb jalapeno pimento cheese. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, Drroogh said:

Just read an article that Shaq’s Big Chicken has signed an agreement to open 20 restaurants in Eastern Michigan. Has anyone ever tried Big Chicken?

There's one in Houston out on Westheimer I believe... But I rarely go south of the San Jacinto river 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Had a spicy chicken biscuit for bfast this morning. Fantastic. 

Where did I get it you may ask? From the cafeteria ladies. Cooking better and better food each day. 😆

We do a thing at various schools throughout the year. Basically no child eats alone program so I've eaten several meals at schools. I will say the cafeteria game has certainly stepped up from the cardboard pizza and 3 year old applesauce that was known as Thursday in Northern Illinois.

To keep the thread in line though. Another plug for for the parents of former IU OLine Caleb Jones. Still some of the best fried chicken I've ever tasted. If in Indy it's worth the trip. Might be better during the day though. That area at night gets a little strange.

https://hisplaceeatery.com/

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Drove down to Nashville this past weekend and stopped at a Zaxbys. Nothing wrong with their chicken sandwich but a step below Popeyes and Chik Fil A IMO.

Respectively, you drove to Nashville TN and went to Zaxbys for chicken!?! 

Hot chicken capital of the world! haha 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Drove down to Nashville this past weekend and stopped at a Zaxbys. Nothing wrong with their chicken sandwich but a step below Popeyes and Chik Fil A IMO.

Guy I worked with swore by their Kicken Chicken sandwich, I usually just went with a chicken fingers meal. And yeah I agree with @btownqb

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

That was somewhere in KY...Actually never got chicken in TN. Took my son to an Italian place for his birthday.  Pizza at Tailgate Brewery another night. Going back again in 3 weeks. Might have to look up some Nashville hot chicken places!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, btownqb said:

Was back in  Nashville last week for a day before heading up to Bloomington for HH and the Rutgers game. Stopped at Hattie B's. It exceeded expectations. Even the fries were crispy. Now I don't know if I should go back there next time or try any of the other top rated places.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, Reacher said:

Was back in  Nashville last week for a day before heading up to Bloomington for HH and the Rutgers game. Stopped at Hattie B's. It exceeded expectations. Even the fries were crispy. Now I don't know if I should go back there next time or try any of the other top rated places.

Hattie B's is excellent.  I go at least once when I take a trip to Nashville. I haven't tried any others though. Mostly due to proximity to where I'm staying. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone know if the Fried Chicken at Brown County Inn is still pretty good? Meeting some friends/family Friday for a day in Brown County and wanted to make sure before picking a dinner spot. 

My wife and I had it a couple years ago and it was excellent.  She got the fried chicken and I got the Beef Manhatten.

Great comfort food spot. I think it's called Nashville House. 

Hobnob Corner is pretty good too. 

I usually camp at Brown County 4-5 times a year. Been to all the places in town. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife and I had it a couple years ago and it was excellent.  She got the fried chicken and I got the Beef Manhatten.

Great comfort food spot. I think it's called Nashville House. 

Hobnob Corner is pretty good too. 

I usually camp at Brown County 4-5 times a year. Been to all the places in town. 

Thanks! We can't decide between Brown County Inn and Nashville House....because I also need to load up on Fried Biscuits and Apple Butter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks! We can't decide between Brown County Inn and Nashville House....because I also need to load up on Fried Biscuits and Apple Butter.

Brown County Inn is a hotel. Maybe they do food. Never been there. 

I'm pretty sure Nashville house serves biscuits. Not sure about Apple Butter but I have some and you just ruined my lunch! I love that stuff. 

If you go you won't be disappointed. Especially this time of year.

You have to go to this place if you can https://www.jackandjillnutshop.com/

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 9:58 AM, btownqb said:

I'm pumped for this sammy. 

My mom makes some bomb jalapeno pimento cheese. 

Pimento cheese is like crack to me. Used to go to my grandma's every Sunday for lunch after church. Aunts and uncles and all the cousins. 

There was always a plate of celery filled half with with Pimento cheese and half with peanut butter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Pimento cheese is like crack to me. Used to go to my grandma's every Sunday for lunch after church. Aunts and uncles and all the cousins. 

There was always a plate of celery filled half with with Pimento cheese and half with peanut butter. 

I tried the Chick Fila sammy... I hated it. I mentioned I am a huge fan of the chicken biscuit sandwich at Bojangles with pimento. 

Went to Joellas, got their sammy with the pimento on it... one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I tried the Chick Fila sammy... I hated it. I mentioned I am a huge fan of the chicken biscuit sandwich at Bojangles with pimento. 

Went to Joellas, got their sammy with the pimento on it... one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. 

I've been wanting to go there. I usually give new restaurants some time to work out the kinks. I just get distracted by all the choices bloomington has. 

I only have so much money and stomach space. 

• Like 1