KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

On 1/14/2022 at 9:21 AM, Seeking6 said:

To capture this thread perfectly. You guys have made me so hungry for bad food I'm going to Lou Malnati's tonight not for their pizza....but to get their chicken wings which are better than I expected. 

Today for dinner I made a run to the local Culvers to bring back some food while watching the games. Double cheeseburger, onion rings, and cheese curds. Cardiologist appointment pending.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 5:39 AM, rico said:

Penguin Point launches breakfast menu at Detroit Street location - News Now  Warsaw

Hard to find good pork tenderloin (I assume). Many places it is too thin and over cooked and dry. Had some good ones at some mom and pop drive ins but they’ve mostly all closed up shop. Culver’s is ok…have you had them at Penguin Point??

Edited by dgambill

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Hard to find good pork tenderloin (I assume). Many places it is too thin and over cooked and dry. Had some good ones at some mom and pop drive ins but they’ve mostly all closed up shop. Culver’s is ok…have you had them at Penguin Point??

Oh yeah, love the tenderloin.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Impossible down here...the words "fried" and "pork" don't belong in the same sentence in Texas...

I do get Culver's pork tenderloin once in a while, but as you said it's simply ok...

What I wouldn't give for a pork tenderloin from The Bush in Terre Haute...or there use to be a place on the southeast side of Indy that had a killer pork tenderloin sandwich...can't remember the name but there was a bowling alley across the street...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 6:24 AM, IUFLA said:

LOL...I like the exact opposite order...Loved the Malnati's in the old firehouse in Naperville...

Probably because I'm a pepperoni guy...Gino's sausage pizza was ok, but Lou's pepperoni won the day for me...

And Home Run Inn is in there somewhere...

Lous is my sons favorite so I've had that many a time. Had a couple birthday parties in the firehouse. Lou M has a nice crust but Ginos East crust is a hair better. I like the cheese, sauce and toppings of Ginos and Giordanos over Lous

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Outside of my house the best tenderloin sandwich I can get is at the local marathon gas station believe it or not. 

But like you said, alot of the good mom and pop places are gone 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, IUFLA said:

Impossible down here...the words "fried" and "pork" don't belong in the same sentence in Texas...

I do get Culver's pork tenderloin once in a while, but as you said it's simply ok...

What I wouldn't give for a pork tenderloin from The Bush in Terre Haute...or there use to be a place on the southeast side of Indy that had a killer pork tenderloin sandwich...can't remember the name but there was a bowling alley across the street...

No doubt. A ton of good pulled pork and bbq in the south and Texas. Just when it comes to a sandwich chicken sandwich can get pretty mundane and when you don’t want a hamburger a pork tenderloin for me is the perfect solution.

Totally different subject but when I’m talking pork it’s the first place that comes to my mind…if you are ever traveling through western Kentucky past Grand Rivers make a reservations for Patties 1800 restaurant…they have a two inch thick pork chop that is to die for….best I ever had. Steak is pretty darn good too. Combine with their flower pot homemade bread and strawberry and cinnamon butter…if you have any room left then you need a slice of one of their homemade pies. You won’t regret the trip….well your waist line might.

image.jpeg.95942edde8a19abf35f34872fbe33a06.jpeghttps://www.pattis1880s.com

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, dgambill said:

No doubt. A ton of good pulled pork and bbq in the south and Texas. Just when it comes to a sandwich chicken sandwich can get pretty mundane and when you don’t want a hamburger a pork tenderloin for me is the perfect solution.

Totally different subject but when I’m talking pork it’s the first place that comes to my mind…if you are ever traveling through western Kentucky past Grand Rivers make a reservations for Patties 1800 restaurant…they have a two inch thick pork chop that is to die for….best I ever had. Steak is pretty darn good too. Combine with their flower pot homemade bread and strawberry and cinnamon butter…if you have any room left then you need a slice of one of their homemade pies. You won’t regret the trip….well your waist line might.

Don't forget a bottle of Patti's seasonings for the grill!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 8:37 PM, dgambill said:

One thing I've learned in my 10 years down here is that you can't "out big" a Texan...if you tell them you crapped an 8 inch turd that morning, they'd say they crapped a one footer...

That said, my wife and I go to a place called Perry's Steakhouse over in The Woodlands...this is their pork chop...

Perry_sFamousDinnerCutPorkChop_2048x2048.thumb.png.b26f0233eb098eba34ea477914aaa625.png

It's pretty good, but their steaks are much better...

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, IUFLA said:

One thing I've learned in my 10 years down here is that you can't "out big" a Texan...if you tell them you crapped an 8 inch turd that morning, they'd say they crapped a one footer...

That said, my wife and I go to a place called Perry's Steakhouse over in The Woodlands...this is their pork chop...

Perry_sFamousDinnerCutPorkChop_2048x2048.thumb.png.b26f0233eb098eba34ea477914aaa625.png

It's pretty good, but their steaks are much better...

Looks delish…not sure how you even cook that all the way through unless you are slow cooking in a smoker and pan searing it after but dang that’s a lot of meat lol! 

I guess since they have chicken tacos it's relevant to the thread but does anyone have an opinion or tried Torchy's Tacos? Based out of Austin, Texas but have been rapidly expanding. Just announced they are opening another Indiana location in Fishers.

Friend of mine has been inquiring about franchises and was curious from anyone on here who has had them what they think of menu, price, taste,etc....

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I guess since they have chicken tacos it's relevant to the thread but does anyone have an opinion or tried Torchy's Tacos? Based out of Austin, Texas but have been rapidly expanding. Just announced they are opening another Indiana location in Fishers.

Friend of mine has been inquiring about franchises and was curious from anyone on here who has had them what they think of menu, price, taste,etc....

Been to Torchy's many times...Kingwood, The Woodlands, San Marcos...

Great off the beaten path tacos...Love the Trailer Park Hillbilly Style...

image.png.8b44c4305eda3cde54e29f9ec8a37384.png

I know fried chicken doesn't sound like it belongs on a taco, but it works pretty well...I've had probably 5 or 6 other menu selections, and they were all good...

A bit expensive for tacos, but I've never been to one when it wasn't packed...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I know fried chicken doesn't sound like it belongs on a taco, but it works pretty well...I've had probably 5 or 6 other menu selections, and they were all good...

I was hoping you would know the place. Thanks for the ground floor intel. My buddy has a dozen franchises of Jimmy John's in Iowa and Illinois but let's just say the latter is causing so many headaches. He's looking into one of these joints. 

I just looked at their menu and can't wait to try this spring. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Chicken and Chorizo....I stopped reading at that....one of my favorite combos of all time...that right there looks amaze-balls!! Oh...it's lunch time....now I'm really starving lol!

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I was hoping you would know the place. Thanks for the ground floor intel. My buddy has a dozen franchises of Jimmy John's in Iowa and Illinois but let's just say the latter is causing so many headaches. He's looking into one of these joints. 

I just looked at their menu and can't wait to try this spring. 

Just a word of caution...their tacos are jam packed, so two is  probably the limit, unless you're a really big eater...

I think in a place like Fishers it'd go over really well...As I said, a little pricey...Tacos range between 4-5 bucks apiece...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just a word of caution...their tacos are jam packed, so two is  probably the limit, unless you're a really big eater...

I think in a place like Fishers it'd go over really well...As I said, a little pricey...Tacos range between 4-5 bucks apiece...

Sounds like you get what you pay for....and with inflation that isn't too bad!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Chicken and Chorizo....I stopped reading at that....one of my favorite combos of all time...that right there looks amaze-balls!! Oh...it's lunch time....now I'm really starving lol!

Oh, it's killer good...

Beside what's on the "published menu" they have a secret menu as well...

I found out about the "Hillbilly style" from the guy that took my order a while back...I ordered the traditional Trailer Park and he said, "You look like a Hillbilly Style guy to me." I wanted to punch him...

After I tried it, I wanted to hug him...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1