KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

On 2/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Anyone here had The Chicken Place in Ireland, IN?  Best around me. My dad bought a house a few doors down. My stepmom worked there for awhile. Fried chicken and german fries...yum. 

I've coached a basketball game at Ireland Elementary lol 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For the most part McDonald's sucks outside of some breakfast items and the mcdouble. But I really wanted a chicken sandwich today and it was my only option in town. 

So, I tried their new spicy chicken sandwich and have to say it exceeded my expectations.  Not a world beater but a pretty good chicken sandwich.  

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2022/01/10/arbys-spicy-diablo-dare-sandwich/9133271002/

Anyone try this yet??? Asking for a friend lol!! Free shake it's so hot....

arbys.jpg

Comes out next Monday right?  I'm probably going to give it a go. 

I tried the paqui one chip challenge and failed miserably. Ready for redemption.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

For the most part McDonald's sucks outside of some breakfast items and the mcdouble. But I really wanted a chicken sandwich today and it was my only option in town. 

So, I tried their new spicy chicken sandwich and have to say it exceeded my expectations.  Not a world beater but a pretty good chicken sandwich.  

Really? I love McDonald's lol 

I think the double quarter pounders are very good. 🤷‍♂️

Wing Stop opened up in Columbus not long ago. I was impressed with the first meal from there. 

I'm still mad at Bdubs for their poop wings, they do have an excellent chicken sandwich there right now, though. Anyways, Bdubs needs to complete redesign their "signature" item, just like Dominos was willing to do with their pizza/crust. 

I can't be the only one with that opinion, right? I get those same nuggets for lunch at the school I work at. 🤷‍♂️.... and bdubs wings are never sauced enough. I'm usually sauced when I eat them though 😂, so I should be way less difficult to please. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wing Stop opened up in Columbus not long ago. I was impressed with the first meal from there. 

I'm still mad at Bdubs for their poop wings, they do have an excellent chicken sandwich there right now, though. Anyways, Bdubs needs to complete redesign their "signature" item, just like Dominos was willing to do with their pizza/crust. 

I can't be the only one with that opinion, right? I get those same nuggets for lunch at the school I work at. 🤷‍♂️.... and bdubs wings are never sauced enough. I'm usually sauced when I eat them though 😂, so I should be way less difficult to please. 

I agree with bdubs. Was a good value when they had 25 cent wings on Tuesday a 100 years ago. 

Now, I swear they source size challenged chickens. The wings are small and it gets pricey pretty easily. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Forgot about the quarter pounders. Those are good too. 

The real problem for me is if I eat it I sound like a one man marching band later on. 

Haha I for sure understand why people stay away. I just wanted to mention my love for a well made double quarter pounder. 😂

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Haven’t ate BW in about 5 years. Agree it’s gotten pretty bad there. We had one near us at the time and after years of trying to give it a chance over and over we just gave up on it. Everything tasted like it was kept frozen and just heated up in a microwave. How hard is it to have fresh chicken and fresh cut fries etc…they went cheap and they are paying the price. Kind of like Applebees cratered years ago…just terrible food quality in an attempt to maximize profits….the concept should be a winner but they’ve ruined it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Haven’t ate BW in about 5 years. Agree it’s gotten pretty bad there. We had one near us at the time and after years of trying to give it a chance over and over we just gave up on it. Everything tasted like it was kept frozen and just heated up in a microwave. How hard is it to have fresh chicken and fresh cut fries etc…they went cheap and they are paying the price. Kind of like Applebees cratered years ago…just terrible food quality in an attempt to maximize profits….the concept should be a winner but they’ve ruined it.

Truly if I never ate there again I won't be mad. Getting Sunday ticket next year, and I'll just cook my own. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Practice making your own wing sauces and it will be almost impossible to get wings from anywhere.

We pick up wings from Publix down here and do our own sauce. They have a spicy wings but it isn’t very hot so we do our own because we like ours saucy. Well it’s out of a jar but tell you the wings are always perfectly cooked…nice and meaty…and no mess to clean up in the fryer and way cheaper than picking up from a restaurant.

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Really? I love McDonald's lol 

I think the double quarter pounders are very good. 🤷‍♂️

I like their sausage mcmuffin breakfast sandwiches, but man I can't handle McDonalds. Every time I try to eat their lunch/dinner menu, I feel like it was a huge mistake about 30 minutes afterwards. My wife and kids like it...I just can't do it.

Culvers on the other hand...I love me some Culvers...great burgers, onion rings, cheese curds, immediately followed by a trip to the cardiologist. But it is delicious!

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

This pic was from my first post in the "Air Fryer" thread...

Brine em (4 hours, simple water, salt, pepper, sugar), toss em with baking powder (makes em more crispy) and air fry them..

380 for 25 minutes...

PXL_20201012_011358193.thumb.jpg.796591f99b454aec56b4e371060b237d.jpg

Come on @IUFLA, you really need to keep that over on the bbq thread...now you are making me crave some homemade wings!! :cheers:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I like their sausage mcmuffin breakfast sandwiches, but man I can't handle McDonalds. Every time I try to eat their lunch/dinner menu, I feel like it was a huge mistake about 30 minutes afterwards. My wife and kids like it...I just can't do it.

Culvers on the other hand...I love me some Culvers...great burgers, onion rings, cheese curds, immediately followed by a trip to the cardiologist. But it is delicious!

Now hold on, of course, I like Culvers more too lol!!! 

I will just say, I like McDonalds significantly more than BK and regularly more than Wendy's (mostly). 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I will just say, I like McDonalds significantly more than BK and regularly more than Wendy's (mostly). 

I like Wendy's burgers way better. I like BK slightly better for their burgers.

In all honesty, I don't eat much fast food anymore, but when I was younger...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Nothing on McDonalds menu is better than a Baconator at Wendys. If we are just talking hamburgers. Of course if I'm having to pay almost $10 for a burger though I might as well go to mom and pop diner or just pony up for a good steakhouse burger. McDonalds is just nostalgia....it always sounds better in your head and with that first bite then it tastes on that 2nd and 3rd bite and 30 minutes later. There isn't anything at McDonalds I don't regret eating before I finish....if we are talking Culvers, Steak & Shake, or a Five Guys etc at least I'm licking my fingers happy at the end. If I didn't have a 3 year old and they didn't have the best fountain drinks in all of fast food (they have to do something different there) then we would never stop there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Nothing on McDonalds menu is better than a Baconator at Wendys. If we are just talking hamburgers. Of course if I'm having to pay almost $10 for a burger though I might as well go to mom and pop diner or just pony up for a good steakhouse burger. McDonalds is just nostalgia....it always sounds better in your head and with that first bite then it tastes on that 2nd and 3rd bite and 30 minutes later. There isn't anything at McDonalds I don't regret eating before I finish....if we are talking Culvers, Steak & Shake, or a Five Guys etc at least I'm licking my fingers happy at the end. If I didn't have a 3 year old and they didn't have the best fountain drinks in all of fast food (they have to do something different there) then we would never stop there.

That's what I said, mostly. 

I would never compare any of the restaurants you named to McDonalds lol they are all clearly better. 

Bk, Wendy's, DQ, and McDonalds are the 4 I would compare. 

And I won't eat at BK. Wendy if baconator or bkfst baconator (best breakfast sandwich ever) or I'm going to McDonalds. 

3 Mcchickens, or a double quarter pounders, or 2 filet o fish. 

I also like McDonalds fries, when fresh, better than Wendy's or BK. 🤷‍♂️.. again just my opinion. 

I am going to s*** a bunch regardless of the food I eat lol so that has no bearing on my choices other than I don't dare eat T Bell late at night 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's what I said, mostly. 

I would never compare any of the restaurants you named to McDonalds lol they are all clearly better. 

Bk, Wendy's, DQ, and McDonalds are the 4 I would compare. 

And I won't eat at BK. Wendy if baconator or bkfst baconator (best breakfast sandwich ever) or I'm going to McDonalds. 

3 Mcchickens, or a double quarter pounders, or 2 filet o fish. 

I also like McDonalds fries, when fresh, better than Wendy's or BK. 🤷‍♂️.. again just my opinion. 

I am going to s*** a bunch regardless of the food I eat lol so that has no bearing on my choices other than I don't dare eat T Bell late at night 😂😂😂😂

Nothing touches McDonalds fries for sure....just their sandwiches are really bad. I have a hard time finishing any of them....that last couple bites I have to force myself to swallow. I really don't eat much Wendy's, BK, Dairy Queen...just basically if one of those are around...usually a better place is nearby as well. Each has a go to....and probably Baconator is the best sandwich of all those you mentioned. I do like Dairy Queens Chicken strip basket with the gravy.

McDonalds is different....because it literally is EVERYWHERE. They typically are all over and in places where there isn't another place to grab drive thru for another 20 miles. So it's a trap that you fall into....it's like...we need a sandwhich....well what is always the first place you see.....MC D's...it's volume and locations help it sell so much more....especially when you are in a hurry and hangry.

As far as the types you mentioned...if they were all on a corner....Carl Jr/Hardees kills them all. Best breakfast by a long shot (their biscuits just can't be beat) and their burgers are always on point! Fries suck but whatever...fries are only good for about 2-3 minute window..so I just don't really care too much for them unless I'm eating right then right now...and since I'm usually the driver...means they are usually cold by the time I get mine. I'm not sure how much you eat Mc D's...but when you have a small child you will eat it 3X more I promise...and you will come to despise it I promise lol.

• Like 1