KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For some reason, Texans relish eating crappy fast food...

I mean, Whataburger is ok, and Sonic is ok, but Jack in the Box is absolutely disgusting...and there are a million of them around here...

Lots of Church's too, and I've never had a good meal from there...

Thankfully, In-N-Out is getting a foothold in the area...

Sonic....worst burgers ever...and everything tastes like they threw it in a microwave and nuked it....I only eat the pretzel and cheese, popcorn chicken, and of course the drinks. Wife always gets a coney dog.

Edited by dgambill

Speaking of original topic...has KFC brought back a chicken sandwich? They had a decent one at one time...but then the double down fad thing happened and it seemed it destroyed their mojo and then the chicken sandwich was lost. I do like their famous bowl....something awful yet tasty about mashed potatoes, chicken, corn, and cheese all in a bowl....it's exactly what I do when I'm eating at home...just put it all in one pile on my plate and eat in one bite lol.

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

As far as the original topic of this thread...

They opened up a new Popeyes a couple months back by us. My wife ordered me a spicy chicken sandwich on her way home one evening before the holidays. They screwed up and gave me a regular chicken sandwich, which was good, but I wanted SPICY damnit!

image.jpeg.a980dfd00ecd5c420a31e2df43427820.jpeg

I absolutely love their spicy chicken sandwich. I think it's very, very good. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I mean my wife still eats at Chipolte....so yeah...I remember...but they've gotten their act together quite a bit. I mean every Taco Bell/White Castle etc I've seen in local papers for hepatitis and worse...not many fast food places are clean of any of that type of history.

My wife loves her some Chipotle and Taco Bell.

The first time I had Chipotle was at a Farm Aid concert back in the day. They had a tent setup and it was really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah, I really want to try one, but the other times I drove past they had crazy long lines because it is new. We did like their mac and cheese as well.

Now, I'm not claiming the service is like Chick Fil A lol... but I do think their spicy sandwich is quite a bit better, and I even like CFA's. 

I go nuggets at CFA. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Now, I'm not claiming the service is like Chick Fil A lol... but I do think their spicy sandwich is quite a bit better, and I even like CFA's. 

I go nuggets at CFA. 

Chick Fil A is really good as well. I don't think I ever got a bad meal there in maybe 10-15 times we have eaten there, although it has been awhile as there currently aren't any too close.

My 7 year old loves their food. One time he was at doctor's office and when he was done with appointment our doctor asked him if he had eaten lunch yet and my son answererd "no". So doctor says come with me young man. It just so happened the office had a catered lunch that day with Chick Fil A and he gave my son a huge plate of mac and cheese to take with him for lunch. The boy tore through that mac and cheese like it was the best thing ever.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I go nuggets at CFA. 

Service isn't close....I've never worried about being shot/stabbed at a Chick fila lol.....but I do like Popeyes spicy strips/etc....and their sides are good too....but dang if Chic fila hasn't nailed the regular chicken sandwich and nuggets. Ever had their breakfast burrito....thing is pretty epic too!

• Like 2

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

Chick Fil A is really good as well. I don't think I ever got a bad meal there in maybe 10-15 times we have eaten there, although it has been awhile as there currently aren't any too close.

My 7 year old loves their food. One time he was at doctor's office and when he was done with appointment our doctor asked him if he had eaten lunch yet and my son answererd "no". So doctor says come with me young man. It just so happened the office had a catered lunch that day with Chick Fil A and he gave my son a huge plate of mac and cheese to take with him for lunch. The boy tore through that mac and cheese like it was the best thing ever.

The crusted/burnt corner bits of the cheese....totally delicious. Makes it for me.

mac n cheese.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Oh it's money. Their app is legit too. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Service isn't close....I've never worried about being shot/stabbed at a Chick fila lol.....but I do like Popeyes spicy strips/etc....and their sides are good too....but dang if Chic fila hasn't nailed the regular chicken sandwich and nuggets. Ever had their breakfast burrito....thing is pretty epic too!

The Popeyes I go to is in Seymour Indiana lol 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I actually had a Popeyes cashier in Montgomery, Illinois go from taking my order to way over the top making out with her boyfriend in that little hall between the cashier's station and the restrooms...I had to cover my youngest daughters eyes...

And they will f your order up 9 out of 10 times...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I actually had a Popeyes cashier in Montgomery, Illinois go from taking my order to way over the top making out with her boyfriend in that little hall between the cashier's station and the restrooms...I had to cover my youngest daughters eyes...

And they will f your order up 9 out of 10 times...

I've been to Popeyes probably 60 times and have never had my order messed up lol I have had them tell me maybe 3 times their chicken was in the oven still and it would take 7-8 mins to get it done, honestly, not once have I had them mess my order up. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I've been to Popeyes probably 60 times and have never had my order messed up lol I have had them tell me maybe 3 times their chicken was in the oven still and it would take 7-8 mins to get it done, honestly, not once have I had them mess my order up. 

Same Popeyes or different ones?

I've been to 7 here in this area, and probably 8-10 in Chicagoland, and I've learned you have to check them...every place, every time...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Same Popeyes or different ones?

I've been to 7 here in this area, and probably 8-10 in Chicagoland, and I've learned you have to check them...every place, every time...

Mostly just two of them. Seymour and Scottsburg. Oh and Salem. Those three locations, I have ZERO trouble with. Interesting.