KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nothing touches McDonalds fries for sure....just their sandwiches are really bad. I have a hard time finishing any of them....that last couple bites I have to force myself to swallow. I really don't eat much Wendy's, BK, Dairy Queen...just basically if one of those are around...usually a better place is nearby as well. Each has a go to....and probably Baconator is the best sandwich of all those you mentioned. I do like Dairy Queens Chicken strip basket with the gravy.

McDonalds is different....because it literally is EVERYWHERE. They typically are all over and in places where there isn't another place to grab drive thru for another 20 miles. So it's a trap that you fall into....it's like...we need a sandwhich....well what is always the first place you see.....MC D's...it's volume and locations help it sell so much more....especially when you are in a hurry and hangry.

As far as the types you mentioned...if they were all on a corner....Carl Jr/Hardees kills them all. Best breakfast by a long shot (their biscuits just can't be beat) and their burgers are always on point! Fries suck but whatever...fries are only good for about 2-3 minute window..so I just don't really care too much for them unless I'm eating right then right now...and since I'm usually the driver...means they are usually cold by the time I get mine. I'm not sure how much you eat Mc D's...but when you have a small child you will eat it 3X more I promise...and you will come to despise it I promise lol.

Me and the lady prefer Hardee's if/when we decide to eat a fast food burger.  

• Like 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

The Flamethrower burger from DQ is superior to all other burgers when compared to the traditional fast food chains. 

I don't know...I've been a White Castle man all my life, and beside being oh so tasty, they provide hidden health benefits...here's a pic of my last colonoscopy...

H710d03022f7b409da354bd3804a36722W.thumb.jpg.c8db3fca50d4ca51dc289b170b46cbfd.jpg

😁

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nothing touches McDonalds fries for sure....just their sandwiches are really bad. I have a hard time finishing any of them....that last couple bites I have to force myself to swallow. I really don't eat much Wendy's, BK, Dairy Queen...just basically if one of those are around...usually a better place is nearby as well. Each has a go to....and probably Baconator is the best sandwich of all those you mentioned. I do like Dairy Queens Chicken strip basket with the gravy.

McDonalds is different....because it literally is EVERYWHERE. They typically are all over and in places where there isn't another place to grab drive thru for another 20 miles. So it's a trap that you fall into....it's like...we need a sandwhich....well what is always the first place you see.....MC D's...it's volume and locations help it sell so much more....especially when you are in a hurry and hangry.

As far as the types you mentioned...if they were all on a corner....Carl Jr/Hardees kills them all. Best breakfast by a long shot (their biscuits just can't be beat) and their burgers are always on point! Fries suck but whatever...fries are only good for about 2-3 minute window..so I just don't really care too much for them unless I'm eating right then right now...and since I'm usually the driver...means they are usually cold by the time I get mine. I'm not sure how much you eat Mc D's...but when you have a small child you will eat it 3X more I promise...and you will come to despise it I promise lol.

Hardees breakfast is the real deal top to bottom. I can see the whole having a kid wears you out on McDs haha 

And I completely agree with you on the availability. I just regularly, for now, have solid food from McDs. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The Flamethrower burger from DQ is superior to all other burgers when compared to the traditional fast food chains. 

I haven't tried that....maybe give it a go. Like I said...I do the chicken strip basket with the little sundae when I go there usually...or we just grab the cheap little $6 cheeseburger/fry/sundae meal...but it sounds good! I like pepper jack or jalapenos with my burgers...and a milk shake to wash it down...sounds like a winner.

• Like 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Have to admit DQ is a little bit of nostalgia for me. After my mom and dad got divorced I lived with mom. We were the very definition of poor so getting DQ was a pretty big deal for a 4 year old kid. 

For me DQ always takes me back to little league. When we won a big game, most of the time the coaches would pay for DQ for us.

• Like 4

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

If you guys ever get to one...I think they are almost all in the south, Bojangles has the best breakfast sandwiches by a mile of any fast food places I have ever been. They are amazing. When we lived in NC for those couple years, I ate way too many of those.

We were shipped to Charlotte airport coming home from AZ, waited in line at a Bojangles for 20 mins for them to tell me they were sold out of 70% of the menu!! Ughh I was so disappointed lol I really wanted to try it. I've heard it's awesome. 

For like $.99 you could put pimento cheese on anything you wanted. lol that's the kind of energy I need. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

For me DQ always takes me back to little league. When we won a big game, most of the time the coaches would pay for DQ for us.

Same...and in the summer when we had tourneys or whatever closer to Chicago we'd always stop at the very first DQ along route 66 in Joliet. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We were shipped to Charlotte airport coming home from AZ, waited in line at a Bojangles for 20 mins for them to tell me they were sold out of 70% of the menu!! Ughh I was so disappointed lol I really wanted to try it. I've heard it's awesome. 

For like $.99 you could put pimento cheese on anything you wanted. lol that's the kind of energy I need. 

If you get to Southeast region again, I would strongly recommend them. They make their biscuits fresh for their breakfast sandwiches and they are freaking delicious. I think I used to get a sausage/egg/cheese biscuit sandwich with "bo rounds" (like BK hashbrowns but better). If I remember correctly they served breakfast all day as well.

My wife actually looked it up one time because she loved it too, and I "think" the closest one when she checked was in Tennessee. They are all over North Carolina.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If you get to Southeast region again, I would strongly recommend them. They make their biscuits fresh for their breakfast sandwiches and they are freaking delicious. I think I used to get a sausage/egg/cheese biscuit sandwich with "bo rounds" (like BK hashbrowns but better). If I remember correctly they served breakfast all day as well.

My wife actually looked it up one time because she loved it too, and I "think" the closest one when she checked was in Tennessee. They are all over North Carolina.

I'm in, just wish there was some close. I've never heard a bad thing about them. 

• Like 1

For some reason, Texans relish eating crappy fast food...

I mean, Whataburger is ok, and Sonic is ok, but Jack in the Box is absolutely disgusting...and there are a million of them around here...

Lots of Church's too, and I've never had a good meal from there...

Thankfully, In-N-Out is getting a foothold in the area...

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I guess you Wendy's fans never heard about the worms in the burgers or kangaroo meat controversies of the past, eh?

I mean my wife still eats at Chipolte....so yeah...I remember...but they've gotten their act together quite a bit. I mean every Taco Bell/White Castle etc I've seen in local papers for hepatitis and worse...not many fast food places are clean of any of that type of history.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Had Bojangles once on the way through Georgia...but it was later in the afternoon and I think the food had been under a heat lamp too long. I'll have to give it another shot.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I mean my wife still eats at Chipolte....so yeah...I remember...but they've gotten their act together quite a bit. I mean every Taco Bell/White Castle etc I've seen in local papers for hepatitis and worse...not many fast food places are clean of any of that type of history.

I don't know...I had friends who would smoke joints in Wendy's parking lot, but then go over to McDonald's for their munchies 🙂

• Haha 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Had Bojangles once on the way through Georgia...but it was later in the afternoon and I think the food had been under a heat lamp too long. I'll have to give it another shot.

That sucks. Yeah, definitely give them another try. If you go during regular breakfast hours I would bet it will be amazing. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it ha.